This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Again, it doesn't matter what has happened since the formation of the two conferences. The key is what happened before any of the current players hit puberty. Stay with the program.
    Sorry...i try to stay out of freddy's maroon colored world.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      As usual you pick and choose your stats to suit your narrative.
      The guy is obsessed. He has now reached nut job territory.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        Epic failure JDUBBS...you didn't even count the Gophers' 39 self-claimed national titles from before the NCAA Tournament began. Assuming your Gopher Fanboy Card isn't all sticky, you can return it to Mariachi Arena at your earliest convenience.
        Well, since I am not JDUBBS...? I don't know what to tell you man. I could look up what Ross Bernstein says about pre-NCAA Natl Titles, I know he claims that there are several in the 20s, at least 1 in the 30s, and one in 1940.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          As usual you pick and choose your stats to suit your narrative.
          How did I pick and choose anything??? Those are the total NCAA tourney #s. The NCAA picked and chose those #s.

If you want me to do what everyone claims JDUBBS did, and go back before the NCAA tourney, I guarantee you that it won't help the NCHC.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
            How did I pick and choose anything??? Those are the total NCAA tourney #s. The NCAA picked and chose those #s.

If you want me to do what everyone claims JDUBBS did, and go back before the NCAA tourney, I guarantee you that it won't help the NCHC.
            You do get the conferences did not exist till 4 years ago right?
            As such...logic dictates that while schools can claim those...conferences can't because they did not exist. Its why schools separate their records based on the conferences they were in at the time.

You claimimg the B1G has all these titles is incorrect because they were not won while members of a B1G hockey conference.

So as I said...you twist them to fit your narrative...not factual arguments.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
              The guy is obsessed. He has now reached nut job territory.
              nut job territory? lmao, I spend a very small amount of time each day with this bs. Do you think it takes more than a few minutes to figure out a way to construct an argument against the nchc or SCSU??? lol omg, you poor thing. I do this while binge watching Netflix. It hardly takes any effort at all, and its entertaining watching you SCSU and nchc fans flailing about, lol.

Comment

You do get the conferences did not exist till 4 years ago right?
                As such...logic dictates that while schools can claim those...conferences can't because they did not exist. Its why schools separate their records based on the conferences they were in at the time.

You claimimg the B1G has all these titles is incorrect because they were not won while members of a B1G hockey conference.

So as I said...you twist them to fit your narrative...not factual arguments.

The B1G has always existed. *** are you talking about? You seem to think or imagine or dream or fantasize that the world revolves around college hockey????? Dude, it doesn't. College hockey is a very niche sport, that might not even exist today if not for B1G hockey programs, especially Minnesota and Michigan.

And check out B1G team's wiki pages, from 1959 until 1981, Michigan and Michigan St were in the WCHA with UW and UMn, AND Big Ten Conf Standings were kept. UW didn't even start up their hockey program until the late 50s.

Before that, UMn, Michigan and MSU were all in the WIHL and the MCHL.

See, you seem to have such a simple minded way of looking at things.

College hockey is a niche sport, or don't you realize this???

You want to separate B1G hockey programs from their past??? Well, that is because that is the ONLY way that you can match them.

Pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                  The B1G has always existed. *** are you talking about? You seem to think or imagine or dream or fantasize that the world revolves around college hockey????? Dude, it doesn't. College hockey is a very niche sport, that might not even exist today if not for B1G hockey programs, especially Minnesota and Michigan.

And check out B1G team's wiki pages, from 1959 until 1981, Michigan and Michigan St were in the WCHA with UW and UMn, AND Big Ten Conf Standings were kept. UW didn't even start up their hockey program until the late 50s.

Before that, UMn, Michigan and MSU were all in the WIHL and the MCHL.

See, you seem to have such a simple minded way of looking at things.

College hockey is a niche sport, or don't you realize this???

You want to separate B1G hockey programs from their past??? Well, that is because that is the ONLY way that you can match them.

Pathetic.
                  Oh good lord. You are so **** dense you are no longer worth my time.
                  Fine. You win.
                  The b1g is THE GREATEST EVAH!!!!!!!
                  No one can match them and never will.
                  Have fun spooging with all those titles.
                  I quit.
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                    The B1G has always existed. *** are you talking about?
                    This is all that is needed to show what a nutcase FDF is. Moving the goalposts, to the nth degree.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      This is all that is needed to show what a nutcase FDF is. Moving the goalposts, to the nth degree.
                      Hence why I'm done.
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I mean, think about it, the B1G was FORCED together, yet still are in a position to get 3-5 teams into the tourney right now, including the #1 team.

Meanwhile the NCHC was a conference formed out of teams who all chose to be in the conference, they were all invited. So the NCHC had the privilege of picking and choosing who was going to be in their conference. I would sure in the frack hope that they would start out as a very competitive league.

But the B1G? We were stuck with 5 programs, most of whom were struggling at the time of formation, along with a 6th program that was basically brand new.

How the frack can you try to hold such a conference under the highest scrutiny? Well, unless you are a biased nchc fan knowing it might be their only chance???

But the B1G isn't going anywhere. You should consider yourselves blessed that the B1G struggled its first few years, because it gave the nchc a chance to establish itself and possibly to compete down the road?

But that will be only if the likes of SCSU and WMU can deliver come NCAA tourney time.

Comment

Oh good lord. You are so **** dense you are no longer worth my time.
                          Fine. You win.
                          The b1g is THE GREATEST EVAH!!!!!!!
                          No one can match them and never will.
                          Have fun spooging with all those titles.
                          I quit.
                          About time you came to your senses. The B1G is DA SH1T!!!
                          Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 01-15-2018, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            nutcase? Says the guy with 111,111+ posts, WOW, dude, case studies should be made about you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                              nut job territory? lmao, I spend a very small amount of time each day with this bs.
                              If this board had a preposterous statement tournament, this would easily be a 1 seed.
                              Originally posted by SJHovey
                              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                              Originally posted by Brenthoven
                              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Yeah, even I'm getting bored reading this. But I remember getting into arguments that I was passionate about and getting attacked by all sides. Not too often on this side of the board but not too long ago over in the café. So I get the desire to keep it going, but it has to run its course at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X