Comment

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

GPL is a cesspool.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        GPL is a cesspool.
        I stuck my head in there once and threw up. Never again.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I used to post there but quit about a year and a half ago. Handy hasn’t posted there in years either. Telling when the two top posters there stop.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
            If we put a poll up on GPL he'd win.
            This is hilarious. Gopher fans now want the coach of St. Cloud State, and there is almost zero chance he would take the job.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              If we put a poll up on GPL he'd win.
              Gopher it.

Tippsy - just like Mel would never leave MTU right? You're cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Gopher it.

Tippsy - just like Mel would never leave MTU right? You're cute.
                Michigan is a clear upgrade from Michigan Tech. Tech was in what is basically a one-bid conference. They had one at-large bid in his time there.
                St Cloud is a better hockey program than the U of M right now. We have won the last 4 games against the Gophers and are probably going to make it 6 in a row next month. The NCHC is a far superior conference to the B1G. Motzko has a loaded team that only has 3 seniors. And lastly, I am pretty sure Motzko said this would be his last job when asked about it a year or two ago on his weekly radio show.
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                  Michigan is a clear upgrade from Michigan Tech. Tech was in what is basically a one-bid conference. They had one at-large bid in his time there.
                  St Cloud is a better hockey program than the U of M right now. We have won the last 4 games against the Gophers and are probably going to make it 6 in a row next month. The NCHC is a far superior conference to the B1G. Motzko has a loaded team that only has 3 seniors. And lastly, I am pretty sure Motzko said this would be his last job when asked about it a year or two ago on his weekly radio show.
                  Money talks. Noticed you avoided that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                    Motzko is going nowhere. He’s got a good thing going at St Cloud. This is there best team in my opinion they have ever had. This could be the year. If not UND I’ll be pulling for them.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I would never say never on a Motzko move to Minnesota, but I think the situation with him and Pearson is a little bit different.

When Pearson left Michigan everyone was already talking about Red retiring and Pearson returning as the heir apparent. In many ways it is kind of like the Potulny situation.

Motzko has been at SCSU for more than 10 years now and has a pretty good thing going. Obviously the money might be better at Minnesota, but he's in a pretty low pressure position compared to Lucia. Pearson was at Michigan for 20+(?) years before briefly going to Tech? Motzko was at Minnesota for four seasons.

The other thing is Motzko has to be only a couple of years younger than Lucia, doesn't he? It's kind of the same problem Guentzel has. I don't see Minnesota getting rid of Lucia and replacing him with someone who is 2-3 years younger. The trend in coaching today, in hockey and elsewhere, seems to be to go younger, to find coaches who "relate" to today's players and social media and all of that.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                        Money talks. Noticed you avoided that.
                        Did that need to be mentioned? That is pretty much all the U has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          I would never say never on a Motzko move to Minnesota, but I think the situation with him and Pearson is a little bit different.

When Pearson left Michigan everyone was already talking about Red retiring and Pearson returning as the heir apparent. In many ways it is kind of like the Potulny situation.

Motzko has been at SCSU for more than 10 years now and has a pretty good thing going. Obviously the money might be better at Minnesota, but he's in a pretty low pressure position compared to Lucia. Pearson was at Michigan for 20+(?) years before briefly going to Tech? Motzko was at Minnesota for four seasons.

The other thing is Motzko has to be only a couple of years younger than Lucia, doesn't he? It's kind of the same problem Guentzel has. I don't see Minnesota getting rid of Lucia and replacing him with someone who is 2-3 years younger. The trend in coaching today, in hockey and elsewhere, seems to be to go younger, to find coaches who "relate" to today's players and social media and all of that.
                          I would also add that Motzko and Lucia are friends. I believe Bob said their families vacation up north together in the summer. So I am sure that if he hasn't already, Lucia would tell Bob about whatever obstacles to success there are at the U of M. And like Hovey said, if Lucia's track record was good enough to get him fired, is that the kind of job Motzko wants?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Motzko also had a stint with the Gophers during their championship years IIRC.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Motzko also had a stint with the Gophers during their championship years IIRC.
                              Yep, those were the four years I was referring to.

Obviously those would be fond memories for Motzko, but it's not like he has deep ties to the U. Not an alum. Assistant for four seasons, and for a friend who now may be fired?

Not many reasons to make that move. Basically, money and the opportunity to coach at one of the 5-6 "name" college hockey programs. I doubt that's enough.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                Umm...no.

Top 13 KRACH right now:
                                NCHC: 5 teams (SCSU (#1), Denver (#3), North Dakota (#6), Western Michigan (#9), Miami (#12))
                                B1G: 4 teams (Notre Dame (#2), Ohio State (#7), Minnesota (#10), Penn State (#11))
                                ECAC: 2 teams (Clarkson (#4), Cornell (#5))
                                WCHA: 1 team (Minnesota State (#8))
                                Hockey East: 1 team (Providence (#13))

All the NCHC teams are in the Top 17. Pretty impressive...although we're not really even half way through, and all that really matters is what happens come March/April.

I don't know if you are getting KRACH from a different source, but those numbers are not what USCHO has.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/krach/d-i-men/

Miami is #14, Boston College is #13. Meaning my original statement was indeed correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X