X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

This seems most apropos of the thread at this time:

Originally posted by Professor Farnsworth
    Oh dear! She's stuck in an infinite loop, and he's an idiot! Well, that's love for you.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      Prediction: SCSU will win 13.7 games between now and the end of the regular season.
      I think so!!

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        What the hell is wrong with you?
        For a guy who claims to have no respect for us...you sure obsess about us.

Well, the fact you think I obsess about your team, shows indications of how naïve or just plain simple minded you are. Or you just talk sh1t on the internet that you don't really believe, but you are not imaginative enough to come up with anything better? How much time do you think it takes for me to look this sh1t up? lol

First of all, I respect UND and UMD, and their fans are apparently not as insecure as JBSU fans have shown that they seem to be.

2nd, I doubt that there are many UNO, CC, Miami or WMU fans here, any maybe not any Denver fans, either. And I could add Denver to the above list of programs that I respect and whose fans are not as insecure as SCSU fans.

3rd, SCSU was simply, both ranked #1, and the Gopher's next opponent, so I checked up on their schedule and results and posted my opinion about it here, and then have been simply enjoying how entertaining it is watching all of the SCSU fans squirm and flail about in pretty lame attempts to "kill the messenger".

And now, not only do the KRACH & Massey Ratings agree that SCSU is NOT the #1 team in the country(not even Top 3, btw), now both the USCHO and USA Today polls also agree that SCSU is NOT #1. A BIG program is now the overwhelming #1 team, with the vast majority of the #1 votes in both polls. And that B1G program is also #1 in the KRACH and #2 in the Massey Ratings.

The lone holdout is the worst rating system in the history of sports, the RPI and its twin brother, the PWR that reflects the RPI's results almost exactly, all of the time. But SCSU's hold on #1 in the PWR/RPI is by the slimmest of margins.

Comment

Only one person brave enough to post a prediction?

Come on, what's up? Do you SCSU fans have doubts about your team?? How many of their next 15 games do you think SCSU will win??

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
            Well, the fact you think I obsess about your team, shows indications of how naïve or just plain simple minded you are. Or you just talk sh1t on the internet that you don't really believe, but you are not imaginative enough to come up with anything better? How much time do you think it takes for me to look this sh1t up? lol

First of all, I respect UND and UMD, and their fans are apparently not as insecure as JBSU fans have shown that they seem to be.

2nd, I doubt that there are many UNO, CC, Miami or WMU fans here, any maybe not any Denver fans, either. And I could add Denver to the above list of programs that I respect and whose fans are not as insecure as SCSU fans.

3rd, SCSU was simply, both ranked #1, and the Gopher's next opponent, so I checked up on their schedule and results and posted my opinion about it here, and then have been simply enjoying how entertaining it is watching all of the SCSU fans squirm and flail about in pretty lame attempts to "kill the messenger".

And now, not only do the KRACH & Massey Ratings agree that SCSU is NOT the #1 team in the country(not even Top 3, btw), now both the USCHO and USA Today polls also agree that SCSU is NOT #1. A BIG program is now the overwhelming #1 team, with the vast majority of the #1 votes in both polls. And that B1G program is also #1 in the KRACH and #2 in the Massey Ratings.

The lone holdout is the worst rating system in the history of sports, the RPI and its twin brother, the PWR that reflects the RPI's results almost exactly, all of the time. But SCSU's hold on #1 in the PWR/RPI is by the slimmest of margins.
            And...for the millionth time...the ONLY rating that matters...is the one that has us #1.
            Besides..you have said...multiple times now that all that matters is the tournament.
            So if you want to continue to bloviate about our ranking...record...and projected wins...knock yourself out.
            It only fuels how obsessed you look and how moronic you present yourself to be.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

And...for the millionth time...the ONLY rating that matters...is the one that has us #1.
              Besides..you have said...multiple times now that all that matters is the tournament.
              So if you want to continue to bloviate about our ranking...record...and projected wins...knock yourself out.

Congrats on your national championship in January. I think you should hang a banner for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                Congrats on your national championship in January. I think you should hang a banner for that.
                Wow..never heard that one before...
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Are you so simple minded that you don't understand that the RPI or PWR is a pathetic excuse for a rating system and does NOT give the best indication of which team is the best in the country. And THAT is what truly matters, and what WILL truly matter come NCAA tournament time. Because, as we've seen clearly the past couple of seasons, going into the NCAA tourney as the #1 seed no where near guarantees a trip to the Frozen Four, or even a win in the 1st round.

So unless the teams we are discussing are ranked out of the Top Ten, why does their PWR rating even matter??? At best it "might" give the #1 seeds a slight advantage, but that might not help?

I'm a gambler, so yes, most here at this forum probably do know more about college hockey specifically, than me, but I know "sports" in general, better than most. I was raised up by a father whose job was athletics, first as a coach, later as an Athletic Director. I've participated in just about every kind of sport out there, from the age of 5 through high school, while in the Army, and again while at college and for many years after college. And since then I went from competing in sports to following them and betting on them. So I know how to analyze a schedule, and patterns, and compare ratings, etc..

And SCSU, has most likely peaked and will, from here on out, slowly descend back down to reality. I wouldn't be shocked if they struggled to win over half of their remaining games, with Notre Dame, Clarkson, Cornell & Denver all moving up ahead of them. Minnesota may not be the better team and may not do better than a #3 seed, but SCSU is possibly no better than a #2 seed.

Seems I have two posters predicting SCSU will win 13 of their next 15 games. Are they the only posters with enough balls to post their prediction??

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                    Are you so simple minded that you don't understand that the RPI or PWR is a pathetic excuse for a rating system and does NOT give the best indication of which team is the best in the country. And THAT is what truly matters, and what WILL truly matter come NCAA tournament time. Because, as we've seen clearly the past couple of seasons, going into the NCAA tourney as the #1 seed no where near guarantees a trip to the Frozen Four, or even a win in the 1st round.

So unless the teams we are discussing are ranked out of the Top Ten, why does their PWR rating even matter??? At best it "might" give the #1 seeds a slight advantage, but that might not help?

I'm a gambler, so yes, most here at this forum probably do know more about college hockey specifically, than me, but I know "sports" in general, better than most. I was raised up by a father whose job was athletics, first as a coach, later as an Athletic Director. I've participated in just about every kind of sport out there, from the age of 5 through high school, while in the Army, and again while at college and for many years after college. And since then I went from competing in sports to following them and betting on them. So I know how to analyze a schedule, and patterns, and compare ratings, etc..

And SCSU, has most likely peaked and will, from here on out, slowly descend back down to reality. I wouldn't be shocked if they struggled to win over half of their remaining games, with Notre Dame, Clarkson, Cornell & Denver all moving up ahead of them. Minnesota may not be the better team and may not do better than a #3 seed, but SCSU is possibly no better than a #2 seed.

Seems I have two posters predicting SCSU will win 13 of their next 15 games. Are they the only posters with enough balls to post their prediction??
                    You clearly don't understand the point of anything I've said...
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                      Are you from Edina?
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                        Only one person brave enough to post a prediction?

Come on, what's up? Do you SCSU fans have doubts about your team?? How many of their next 15 games do you think SCSU will win??
                        The question is bravery, it's how many think-skinned SCSU fans post here. The kids are going to play the games, and they'll win or lose them. Let the chips fall where they may.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I don't see a need to bet on college kids...especially with someone who i feel has his head up his *** when it comes to knowledge of the SCSU squad.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Currently the Big Ten has the best overall record in inter-conference play at 43-19-5 (.679). The NCHC ranks 2nd at 44-20-12 (.658). I am quite confident that NCHC fans will hang their hat on the NCHC's record of 7-4-2 vs. Big Ten opponents, which is impressive considering how strong the Big Ten is. But what I find interesting is the record of each conference vs. Hockey East opponents. 7-0-1 for the Big Ten, 14-7-1 for the NCHC. All things considered, there are certain ways that a person could spin it to make either conference appear to be slightly better than the other. But one thing is very clear, they are far and away the two best conferences this year and nobody else even comes close.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/re...-interconf.php
                            National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                            National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Also, the Big Ten and NCHC combined hold 8 of the top 12 spots currently in the Pairwise rankings (4 each).

1. SCSU (NCHC)
                              2. Notre Dame (Big Ten)
                              3. Clarkson (ECAC)
                              4. Cornell (ECAC)
                              5. OSU (Big Ten)
                              6. DU (HCHC)
                              7. MSU-Mankato (WCHA)
                              8. UND (NCHC)
                              9. Minnesota (Big Ten)
                              10. Western Michigan (NCHC)
                              11. Providence (Hockey East)
                              12. PSU (Big Ten)
                              National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                              National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

• Are we in the twilight zone or did someone hack DaveK’s account? He’s being way too nice towards the NCHC.

Comment

Working...
                                X