X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    SCSU fans aren't going to use players that left in 2016 as an excuse if we get swept by WMU this weekend. WMU didn't lose an equivalent # of players? I don't know. But I would classify the recruits that SCSU gets as being a slightly higher caliber than WMU. That is what comes with getting better players: they might leave early. Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan seemed to be able to overcome it ten years ago. Now they don't seem to be able to.

Is a "split" against Princeton, after a month layoff and missing our coach more predictive than our previous record against WMU? I don't know. You seem to love bringing it up, like that is some devastating result and proof that SCSU is overrated. We will emphasize the two ties against Princeton and ignore the fact that St. Cloud has the #3 offense in the country and the #5 defense. Ignore the fact that St. Cloud is 10-0-1 at home this season. Ignore the fact that St. Cloud is #1 in the Pairwise. Just focus on those ties against Princeton. I will let the results speak for themselves.

The Gophers and Badgers haven't bounced back. You don't get that? The Gophers were not happy to be the 10th ranked team in the country 10 years ago. Neither were the Badgers. Neither was Michigan.

I didn't say the Gophers and Badgers specifically. I said the B1G. And what? Do you think the Gophers were ranked among the Top 4 every single year of their existence before the B1G was created?? lol

They've gone through slumps before, of more than just a year where a ranking of 10th in the country would have been great.

And I haven't ignored the fact that SCSU is 10-0-1 at home, I'm mentioned that more than once in my posts. Oh, but of course you probably don't read them all the way through.

And you are willing to make several excuses for not being able to get more than a tie in 2 games against a very low rated Princeton team, but losing players early to the NHL can't be used as an excuse or explanation for a normally dominant team struggling more than in the past when they weren't losing lots of players early?

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Ok then moron.
      Did you or did you not use..multiple times...SCSU's tourney history as some sort of proof that this team will choke in the tourney?
      So again...history is relevant to you when you use it to push your agenda but not when its used against you.
      Those FACTS are indisputable.
      I didn't use SCSU's past as "proof" of anything, evidence maybe? And evidence of what? Simply that, SO FAR, they haven't proven that they can go deep into the NCAA tourney, and me personally, I will wait until SCSU proves that they can do something other than what the evidence suggests before I become a believer. I understand why SCSU fans, being homers, want to believe and so allow their perceptions to be skewed in favor of SCSU. I've done that before in regards to the Gophers, not necessarily in hockey though, but its only natural. I've also been on the other side of the debate. I've been the one that was considered an idiot for believing in a certain team, seeing that they had not yet done anything in the past to prove that they could be successful. So like I've said, I might end up being wrong about SCSU. This year truly could be different than the rest of their past. And as a Minnesotan who sort of cheers for all Minnesota teams, I'd be ok with being wrong about SCSU.

Comment

Ever think maybe the Princeton games are statistical outliers and not proof of anything?
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Maybe you should actually watch more games and not just think poker patterns mean anything to hockey.
          It's not "poker patterns", its pattern recognition that I apply to BOTH poker and to sport, including hockey. And it does mean something to hockey. Not as much necessarily to single games, but to seasons as a whole, it does. What I mean by that is that its more accurate when predicting season long patterns than it is single games, and in that regard its similar to poker. There are single hands that go very much against the overall pattern, just as there are single games that go very much against the overall pattern. Maybe the weekend out on the East Coast, with a month long lay off prior to the games, without your coach and your top Center and a reliable back up goalie or whatever it was you said, maybe it was all of those factors that led to SCSU not winning either of those games, or maybe it was PU's goalie having 2 of his best games? And maybe if I watched 30-40 games a weekend, every single weekend, I could know some of these specific things about every single relevant team each season. But I'm not so into college hockey that I would want to watch 30-40 games a weekend. Do you watch 30-40 games a weekend? lol I doubt it. Who does???

I enjoy sports, all of them, men's and women's college basketball and wrestling, women's hockey, gymnastics and even Swimming and Diving, along with Men's Hockey when it comes to winter sports. And sports is not even close to my only interest in life, so with so many diverse interests, I hardly have time to watch 30-40 games a weekend for any one sport.

And I've found that watching games actually negatively affects how well I can analyze the long term patterns and make good predictions, SO, I solve this whole dilemma in a very satisfying way, to me. I limit the games I watch to games the Gopher's play, and so I don't allow myself to bet on the Gophers, and as the season progresses, I stop betting on their conference opponents as well.

So I watch plenty of sports, but not too much, and do incredibly well at betting on sports. Sorry if that makes you think I am not qualified to have an opinion about your college hockey team. But I don't let homer fans instruct me on how to think about their home teams. I learn from them, but only what I need to know.

Comment

Ever think maybe the Princeton games are statistical outliers and not proof of anything?
            I have considered that.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
              It's not "poker patterns", its pattern recognition that I apply to BOTH poker and to sport, including hockey. And it does mean something to hockey. Not as much necessarily to single games, but to seasons as a whole, it does. What I mean by that is that its more accurate when predicting season long patterns than it is single games, and in that regard its similar to poker. There are single hands that go very much against the overall pattern, just as there are single games that go very much against the overall pattern. Maybe the weekend out on the East Coast, with a month long lay off prior to the games, without your coach and your top Center and a reliable back up goalie or whatever it was you said, maybe it was all of those factors that led to SCSU not winning either of those games, or maybe it was PU's goalie having 2 of his best games? And maybe if I watched 30-40 games a weekend, every single weekend, I could know some of these specific things about every single relevant team each season. But I'm not so into college hockey that I would want to watch 30-40 games a weekend. Do you watch 30-40 games a weekend? lol I doubt it. Who does???

I enjoy sports, all of them, men's and women's college basketball and wrestling, women's hockey, gymnastics and even Swimming and Diving, along with Men's Hockey when it comes to winter sports. And sports is not even close to my only interest in life, so with so many diverse interests, I hardly have time to watch 30-40 games a weekend for any one sport.

And I've found that watching games actually negatively affects how well I can analyze the long term patterns and make good predictions, SO, I solve this whole dilemma in a very satisfying way, to me. I limit the games I watch to games the Gopher's play, and so I don't allow myself to bet on the Gophers, and as the season progresses, I stop betting on their conference opponents as well.

So I watch plenty of sports, but not too much, and do incredibly well at betting on sports. Sorry if that makes you think I am not qualified to have an opinion about your college hockey team. But I don't let homer fans instruct me on how to think about their home teams. I learn from them, but only what I need to know.
              No. One. Cares.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

No. One. Cares.
                LOL, you keep trying to convince me of that. Yet you and others continue to respond to my posts, so either you are lying or are too stupid to know any better, because that is obviously not the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                  LOL, you keep trying to convince me of that. Yet you and others continue to respond to my posts, so either you are lying or are too stupid to know any better, because that is obviously not the truth.
                  Whatever you gotta tell yourself...but in reality...no one cares about your life.
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Whatever you gotta tell yourself...but in reality...no one cares about your life.
                    PLENTY of people care about my life. Maybe not SCSU fans here at USCHO? Do you think that distresses me? lol OMG, I hope you don't think that? LMMFAO!!!!

Comment

Huskies and Gophers go down. Have at it boys
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I don't think the SCSU game is over yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          I don't think the SCSU game is over yet.
                          You are right. Third just started. My bad. WMU up 5-3.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                            Michigan/Minny game was good. Nothing to do with this thread, Omaha 10-7 Ohio

Comment

11-7 w***ffff

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                                Eh...I'll let Fred spooge himself over it.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X