Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1002

Thread: Big Ten > NCHC

  1. #781
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    25,375

    Re: Big Ten > NCHC

    Lol

  2. #782
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: Big Ten > NCHC

    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    You need to learn to read the room better bc I can guarantee there is not a single person who is glad to have gotten this insight into your life.
    I know!! lol

    That's possibly why I mentioned it?

  3. #783
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: Big Ten > NCHC

    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Did anyone else picture Trump saying this when they read it?
    What, are you one of those liberal Metro-sexuals or something? lol

  4. #784
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    29,918

    Re: Big Ten > NCHC

    Quote Originally Posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    Even after going to college AT SCSU....
    I thought you chose UMD over West Point?

    And those of you that keep arguing with him do not belong in an ivory tower.

  5. #785
    Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,178

    Re: Big Ten > NCHC

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Lol
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

  6. #786
    International Spy
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: Big Ten > NCHC

    Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Wow..never heard that one before...

    Truth hurts sometimes.

    But if you want to stop hearing it, quit setting yourself up so perfectly for it to be pulled out again and again. You said yourself, it's the only thing that matters.

  7. #787
    International Spy
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: Big Ten > NCHC

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    He's not obsessed with JBSU, but he'll churn out another post about them to prove so. Or something.
    I think it may be the other way around. The SCSU fans found a Gopher fan they can hammer away on to compensate for their inferiority complex of not getting the big tv dollars or some other thing like that. Most of us don't engage to this level but every once in a while someone comes along and they have to be taught a lesson while the rest of us enjoy the show and occasionally throw in a jab or two to keep the entertainment going.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    And you keep complaining about how this thread sucks but apparently keep reading it. You and slapdick should go over to the Gopher season thread, or GPL or meet up in person and give each other rubdowns while talking about your dream hire to replace Lucia. You aren't saving anybody here.
    Wait, there are rubdowns given at the meet ups? ****... I miss all the good ones because that didn't happen at the last one I was at. Sigh...
    Last edited by Tiggsy; 01-10-2018 at 08:28 AM.

  8. #788
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    11,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggsy View Post
    Truth hurts sometimes.

    But if you want to stop hearing it, quit setting yourself up so perfectly for it to be pulled out again and again. You said yourself, it's the only thing that matters.
    Like I said the first time....

  9. #789
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    6,506

    Re: Big Ten > NCHC

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I thought you chose UMD over West Point?
    I think he was talking about someone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    My father grew up listening to the Gophers win back to back National Titles in Football in 41 and 42, on the radio. So he's been a Gopher fan since he was a little boy. He went to college blocks away from UMn, at Augsburg. Upon Graduation, he got a job in Minnesota and took his students to Gopher football games during the 1960 season. My mother dropped out of the U of Mn to marry my father. I was born with maroon and gold blood flowing through my veins. Even after going to college AT SCSU, both my sister and her husband, consider UMn as their favorite hockey team. Both of her kids grew up Gopher fans. My father's job was in athletics, so there would never have been any embarrassment had I asked for Gopher gear for X-mas. But it was my sister and brother in law who always got me Gopher gear for X-Mas.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

  10. #790
    Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,178

    Re: Big Ten > NCHC

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggsy View Post
    The SCSU fans found a Gopher fan they can hammer away on to compensate for their inferiority complex of not getting the big tv dollars or some other thing like that.
    Ahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

  11. #791
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: Big Ten > NCHC

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I thought you chose UMD over West Point?

    And those of you that keep arguing with him do not belong in an ivory tower.
    No, I went to umd BEFORE I joined the Army, and it was during my first year in the Army that I was given the opportunity to go to West Point. But I signed a 4 year contract, with the goal of going to 4 years of college afterwards with my Army College Fund benefits. Had I chose the West Point route, it would have added an additional 9 years to my contract and anyone having put in 13 years, especially someone having graduated from WP, would surely feel it best to serve another 7, so that they could get retirement benefits. So, finish up my last 3 years of my contract, or stick with the Army for another 19 years???

    Not a tough choice for someone who, while never regretting serving my country, didn't want to be a professional soldier his whole life.

    I wanted to be a drug and alcohol abuse counselor, and hence why I went to UMD, that was a niche program they had there.

  12. #792
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    11,168
    Quote Originally Posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    No, I went to umd BEFORE I joined the Army, and it was during my first year in the Army that I was given the opportunity to go to West Point. But I signed a 4 year contract, with the goal of going to 4 years of college afterwards with my Army College Fund benefits. Had I chose the West Point route, it would have added an additional 9 years to my contract and anyone having put in 13 years, especially someone having graduated from WP, would surely feel it best to serve another 7, so that they could get retirement benefits. So, finish up my last 3 years of my contract, or stick with the Army for another 19 years???

    Not a tough choice for someone who, while never regretting serving my country, didn't want to be a professional soldier his whole life.

    I wanted to be a drug and alcohol abuse counselor, and hence why I went to UMD, that was a niche program they had there.
    No one cares.

  13. #793
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: Big Ten > NCHC

    SCSU fans DID find someone that they can hammer away at. I mean a UMn fan taking on SCSU is like Hiroshima taking on an atomic bomb, lol. It's not much of a challenge, so taking on a mob of angry SCSU fans and a couple added sympathizers, including some poosified Gopher fans, makes it a little more challenging and entertaining, so let them try to invalidate my points, let them try to sully my name, insult my intelligence, question my character or my sanity, I can handle anything they can bring to the table.

    Btw, isn't it interesting, that for the most part JBSU fans seem hesitant to bring facts and stats to the table? It's like deep down they are truly afraid that those facts and stats won't help them, so, out of weakness, they turn to other methods, trying to sling mud, trying to make me look crazy or unintelligent, and yeah, I can predict their simplistic and ordinary and unimaginative responses, like, "we don't need to try to make you look unintelligent, you do that for us, ha ha". Oh, and the ever so popular, "You moron". There must be a sale going on at Walmart for that one.

  14. #794
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: Big Ten > NCHC

    Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    No one cares.
    Oh, I forgot this one. Must have found this one in the budget basket right next to "You're a moron" or just "Moron".

    They are like signature lines for these simpletons. I wouldn't even need to know who posted things here, I could know it was First Time, Long Time(he wishes, on both accounts, lol) by his response of "No one cares". He's got to be in double digits using that short response.

  15. #795
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    11,168
    Quote Originally Posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    SCSU fans DID find someone that they can hammer away at. I mean a UMn fan taking on SCSU is like Hiroshima taking on an atomic bomb, lol. It's not much of a challenge, so taking on a mob of angry SCSU fans and a couple added sympathizers, including some poosified Gopher fans, makes it a little more challenging and entertaining, so let them try to invalidate my points, let them try to sully my name, insult my intelligence, question my character or my sanity, I can handle anything they can bring to the table.

    Btw, isn't it interesting, that for the most part JBSU fans seem hesitant to bring facts and stats to the table? It's like deep down they are truly afraid that those facts and stats won't help them, so, out of weakness, they turn to other methods, trying to sling mud, trying to make me look crazy or unintelligent, and yeah, I can predict their simplistic and ordinary and unimaginative responses, like, "we don't need to try to make you look unintelligent, you do that for us, ha ha". Oh, and the ever so popular, "You moron". There must be a sale going on at Walmart for that one.
    Hooked again...
    Oh and for facts...every time we bring any up...you fight it.
    Like again...the PWR is the ONLY ranking that matters...and that is a fact.
    Can't wait for your usual response to it...

  16. #796
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: Big Ten > NCHC

    And the weak ashed JBSU fans are already starting to come up with excuses for not taking up my challenge to predict how well their team will do in their next 15 games.


    Seems having won the Jan 1 - Who's #1 in the PWR Trophy is all they wanted this year. They won this trophy and now who cares. None of these BLOWHARDS, with no qualms about calling me names and questioning my intelligence or character, and who go whining on and on about being #1 in the only rating that matters, has the balls to pony up and make a prediction of how many wins their team will win from here on out.


    Want to know why???


    Because they are too scared to do so. They know deep down, what I know on the surface, that SCSU has done what it's done vs a very weak schedule, and that it's schedule toughens up from here on out, while on the other side of the coin, UMn's looked kind of ragged, but has done so against EASILY the #1 toughest SOS in the nation, and the Gopher's schedule eases up some from here on out.

    So... You do the math, lol. JBSU fans are just scared.


    I'd be willing to back up my talk with something more than FREE words over cyber space. Are any of the throngs of JBSU fans??? I doubt it, lol. Subconsciously they know I'm not so far off, that's why they hate me so much. It's simple psychology 101. They may not require such an advanced course at JBSU, but you UMn grads have to know what I am talking about,

  17. #797
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: Big Ten > NCHC

    Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Hooked again...
    Oh and for facts...every time we bring any up...you fight it.
    Like again...the PWR is the ONLY ranking that matters...and that is a fact.
    Can't wait for your usual response to it...
    PWR is the only ranking that matters in what regard??? Explain it to me like I am a child in need of instruction? I question whether or not you understand this?

    How often has the #1 team in the PWR, on Jan 10th, gone on to win the Natl Title??? Or even make the Frozen Four??? Tell me these things.

  18. #798
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: Big Ten > NCHC

    Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Hooked again...
    Oh and for facts...every time we bring any up...you fight it.
    Like again...the PWR is the ONLY ranking that matters...and that is a fact.
    Can't wait for your usual response to it...
    Btw, "Hooked again..."??? I was the one who came into this thread and threw down the gauntlet. I was the one who initiated this whole conversation. How is it that you think you are the ones who have me "hooked again". LMMFAO!!!!! Man, dealing with the simple minded is so... simple.

  19. #799
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    11,168
    Quote Originally Posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    PWR is the only ranking that matters in what regard??? Explain it to me like I am a child in need of instruction? I question whether or not you understand this?

    How often has the #1 team in the PWR, on Jan 10th, gone on to win the Natl Title??? Or even make the Frozen Four??? Tell me these things.
    Not one person has said it determines who wins it...that is determined on the ice as it should be.
    But...it's the only one that matters because it is the only one that determines the NCAA field.
    As such...it is the ranking that matters...KRACH, Massey and the voter polls determine zip.
    Get it yet?

  20. #800
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    11,168
    Quote Originally Posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    And the weak ashed JBSU fans are already starting to come up with excuses for not taking up my challenge to predict how well their team will do in their next 15 games.


    Seems having won the Jan 1 - Who's #1 in the PWR Trophy is all they wanted this year. They won this trophy and now who cares. None of these BLOWHARDS, with no qualms about calling me names and questioning my intelligence or character, and who go whining on and on about being #1 in the only rating that matters, has the balls to pony up and make a prediction of how many wins their team will win from here on out.


    Want to know why???


    Because they are too scared to do so. They know deep down, what I know on the surface, that SCSU has done what it's done vs a very weak schedule, and that it's schedule toughens up from here on out, while on the other side of the coin, UMn's looked kind of ragged, but has done so against EASILY the #1 toughest SOS in the nation, and the Gopher's schedule eases up some from here on out.

    So... You do the math, lol. JBSU fans are just scared.


    I'd be willing to back up my talk with something more than FREE words over cyber space. Are any of the throngs of JBSU fans??? I doubt it, lol. Subconsciously they know I'm not so far off, that's why they hate me so much. It's simple psychology 101. They may not require such an advanced course at JBSU, but you UMn grads have to know what I am talking about,
    Wow...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •