Bingo! Never forget Juan Mariachi!
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Doesn't matter...only history does.
      They have it...we don't...so we suck.
      If we are talking history SCSU has the one of the best goalies with Brimsek
      Originally posted by Mankato student
      Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
      "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
      -- Peter Klein

Comment

• Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
        If we are talking history SCSU has the one of the best goalies with Brimsek
        He won nothing...sucks.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          He won nothing...sucks.
          only a Calder, two Vezina's and two cups
          Originally posted by Mankato student
          Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
          "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
          -- Peter Klein

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Brimsek
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
              Yawn. Call me when he wins a DQ Cup.
              North Dakota

Comment

Won nothing in college...i don't make the rules here man...Dubbs does.
                Take it up with him.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Wow this thread is more active then ever. Gophers still only won 1 game vs in-state since big 10? Thought i remember they were 1-13 against in state and they’ve lost to UMD and SCSU this year so what are they at now?
                  Can’t believe Lucia is still there they just settle for mediocrity. Even if you stay somewhere in the polls and make the NCAA most years no idea how they let that in-state record fly and they’re starting to lose their market share on in-state talent. They seem to have good players to go on to NHL and have good careers but they just seem to waste away at Minnesota. If not for Mittelstadt winning and coming on to the gophers in the last year they’d have no Mr. Hockey’s on the team and they seem to be falling behind in recruiting battles looking at how many non-Gophers make up the team USA’s and such—it didn’t used to be like that.
                  I imagine they have their target set on Motzko when that day a coaching change happens I’d be surprised if they haven’t already had some talks
                  I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                    Wow this thread is more active then ever. Gophers still only won 1 game vs in-state since big 10? Thought i remember they were 1-13 against in state and they’ve lost to UMD and SCSU this year so what are they at now?
                    Can’t believe Lucia is still there they just settle for mediocrity. Even if you stay somewhere in the polls and make the NCAA most years no idea how they let that in-state record fly and they’re starting to lose their market share on in-state talent. They seem to have good players to go on to NHL and have good careers but they just seem to waste away at Minnesota. If not for Mittelstadt winning and coming on to the gophers in the last year they’d have no Mr. Hockey’s on the team and they seem to be falling behind in recruiting battles looking at how many non-Gophers make up the team USA’s and such—it didn’t used to be like that.
                    I imagine they have their target set on Motzko when that day a coaching change happens I’d be surprised if they haven’t already had some talks
                    You need to pay attention to JDUBBS. All that matters is what happened decades ago. Hell, if not for Juan Mariachi, the Nazis would have won World War II.

What has happened since the BTHC and NCHC formed is irrelevant.
                    North Dakota

Comment

Couple questions:

Anyone here know how many Frozen Fours SCSU has been to in their history?
                      Anyone know how many NHLers SCSU currently has?
                      Anyone know what Providence was ranked when SCSU tied them twice?
                      Anyone know which team got their *** whooped tonight in the in-state I-94 rivalry?

Thanks... asking for a friend
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        You need to pay attention to JDUBBS. All that matters is what happened decades ago. Hell, if not for Juan Mariachi, the Nazis would have won World War II.

What has happened since the BTHC and NCHC formed is irrelevant.
                        I feel a little sympathetic towards JDubbs here. UMinn hockey has a great history, though they could certainly be described as the most underperforming program in history--recent history at least. He needs affirmation, though, and gopher hockey is probably his best chance for that, even if he has no relationship with the school and didn't even go there. The thing I just can't quite get over about gopher hockey, though, is . . . well, those guys have always been so butt ugly. I'll accept that not all gopher players and fans are that ugly, but dam. Makes me wonder what their recruiting criteria are. Do they follow this all Minnesota thing in their personal lives too? It's odd, because other Minnesota schools don't seem to be afflicted to nearly that extent.

btw: is it true they are thinking of making SCSU play a man down all night to make it a game?
                        Last edited by burd; 01-07-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

The Big 14 is incredibly overrated. Notre Dame is awesome and OSU is pretty good, but the rest of the league is middling to bad (scUM, MSU).

CCHA/WCHA>Big 14
                          CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

That’s 5 in a row for the Huskies (NCHC) over the Gophers (big ten). But I suppose none of them count since SCSU has no history. What a shame
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Number 1 team in the country in SCSU at the Mooch and it’s still half empty. So what’s going on in the twin cities tonight that’s keeping fans away? Asking for a friend.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                                Number 1 team in the country in SCSU at the Mooch and it’s still half empty. So what’s going on in the twin cities tonight that’s keeping fans away? Asking for a friend.
                                They are watching the Panthers vs. Saints game to see who plays the most popular team in the upper midwest your Minnesota Vikings.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X