X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Ok, you said you aren't sure that SCSU will win more than they lose. So you are going to back that up with how much money?
    I'll check the Vegas odds and get back to you. But otherwise, YES, I am very willing to back up my talk with cash. Something I seriously doubt SCSU fans are willing to do.

Right now I have 2 posters saying SCSU will win 13 games. Until I hear from a few more what their predictions are, it would be hard to establish any kind of base to work with. I'd feel very guilty taking advantage of just 2 posters who are obviously delusional, or who simply made reckless predictions knowing no money was at stake.

Comment

Thanks Fred. Nothing like reading your rehashed drivel to put one to sleep. Nap time.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
        I'll check the Vegas odds and get back to you. But otherwise, YES, I am very willing to back up my talk with cash. Something I seriously doubt SCSU fans are willing to do.

Right now I have 2 posters saying SCSU will win 13 games. Until I hear from a few more what their predictions are, it would be hard to establish any kind of base to work with. I'd feel very guilty taking advantage of just 2 posters who are obviously delusional, or who simply made reckless predictions knowing no money was at stake.
        The base we have to work with is the first jagoff to open his mouth, which was you. You said you aren't sure they will win half their games. So I bet you that SCSU wins over half their remaining games and I will give you 3 to 1 odds. How much money do you want to bet and then welch on? $50? $100? $500?
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          You claim our schedule is weak....it's rated 6th according to your precious KRACH so if that's weak...what the hell is strong besides MN?
          You claim we've peaked and won't go better than .500 from here out. Based on what?
          You claim all this BS about us...with zero to back it up other than your mouth.
          Dude, I apparently am just smarter than you, and all of your simple minded SCSU fellows, I'm hoping to make some money off of you and your fellow SCSU fans, lol, or if not money, than to at least have some fun at your expense, lol. So I'm not about to divulge my secrets now. I've already posted too much. The fact that you and your fellow SCSU fans are unable to accept reality is something I am banking on!!! You are right, I have ZERO to back up what I say, I'm just a full of sh1t blow hard. I've just been talking smack, trying to get your goat, that is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
            Dude, I apparently am just smarter than you, and all of your simple minded SCSU fellows, I'm hoping to make some money off of you and your fellow SCSU fans, lol, or if not money, than to at least have some fun at your expense, lol. So I'm not about to divulge my secrets now. I've already posted too much. The fact that you and your fellow SCSU fans are unable to accept reality is something I am banking on!!! You are right, I have ZERO to back up what I say, I'm just a full of sh1t blow hard. I've just been talking smack, trying to get your goat, that is all.
            Just as i expected...you've got nothing.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              The base we have to work with is the first jagoff to open his mouth, which was you. You said you aren't sure they will win half their games. So I bet you that SCSU wins over half their remaining games and I will give you 3 to 1 odds. How much money do you want to bet and then welch on? $50? $100? $500?
              LMMFAO, 3 to 1 odds??? SCSU is the #1 ranked team in the entire country, in the only rating system that matters, and all you are willing to give me is 3 to 1 odds that they lose 8 of their remaining 15 games? You must think I'm the moron some here have suggested I am???

What, the almighty NUMBER ONE ranked SCSU Huskies, #1 in the only rating system that matters, needs only give 3 to 1 odds that it can win more games than it loses the rest of the regular season???

That is the most PATHETIC excuse of fandom I've ever seen.

Where in the hell does all of this SCSU bravado come from if you aren't even certain your team will win more than half its remaining games????

I mean, at least 2 posters so far posted that SCSU would win 13 of their remaining 15 games. So I'd expect far better odds than 3 to 1 that they will win only 8 games.

Man, you SCSU fans talk a lot of smack, but end up being total poosies. All talk, no walk.

Comment

Personally I feel pretty good about guessing that SCSU goes 9-6 for the rest of the regular season (counting ties as .5). I'd put the over at about -150 on that line.

I feel less confident on 10-5. There I'd put the over at maybe +120, with the under at maybe -125.

The NCHC, night in and night out, is the toughest to play against, and 14 of their 15 remaining games are conference games, with a real good Mankato team as their only remaining non-conference foe.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

No, I went to umd BEFORE I joined the Army, and it was during my first year in the Army that I was given the opportunity to go to West Point. But I signed a 4 year contract, with the goal of going to 4 years of college afterwards with my Army College Fund benefits. Had I chose the West Point route, it would have added an additional 9 years to my contract and anyone having put in 13 years, especially someone having graduated from WP, would surely feel it best to serve another 7, so that they could get retirement benefits. So, finish up my last 3 years of my contract, or stick with the Army for another 19 years???

Not a tough choice for someone who, while never regretting serving my country, didn't want to be a professional soldier his whole life.

I wanted to be a drug and alcohol abuse counselor, and hence why I went to UMD, that was a niche program they had there.
                  Sure, Oxford was an option for me, but SCSU just offered so much more in terms of convenience.

You want to know how we know you're not qualified for an Ivy-level education? We've read your posts here. Go read the Ivy threads. There's a difference.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

And to add to my recent post. I think 9-6 wins SCSU the Penrose, and also keeps them in position for a #1 seed in the NCAA's, pending the conference tournament.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      Just as i expected...you've got nothing.
                      I've got plenty, just not dumb enough to tell you all of my inside info, when I'm trying to induce you to bet against me!!! I want either your money, or to make you look bad. I could care less about "looking smart".

It is YOU who has nothing. You talk a lot of smack, but aren't willing to back it up. Just a blowhard.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Personally I feel pretty good about guessing that SCSU goes 9-6 for the rest of the regular season (counting ties as .5). I'd put the over at about -150 on that line.

I feel less confident on 10-5. There I'd put the over at maybe +120, with the under at maybe -125.

The NCHC, night in and night out, is the toughest to play against, and 14 of their 15 remaining games are conference games, with a real good Mankato team as their only remaining non-conference foe.
                        Wow, finally an intelligent post. I like your thinking in this post SJHovey.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Sure, Oxford was an option for me, but SCSU just offered so much more in terms of convenience.

You want to know how we know you're not qualified for an Ivy-level education? We've read your posts here. Go read the Ivy threads. There's a difference.
                          I never said I was qualified for an Ivy level education. I never applied to a single college, I signed up to go into the Army soon after my Jr year of high school, before I went to UMD, and it was the Army who tested me and determined I was a good candidate to go to West Point. I heard that only 0.1% of the Top 0.1% of those who joined the Army were offered the opportunity I was.

And delusional SCSU fans who do not want to accept reality are not what I'd call unbiased judges of anything. So I could care less what you or any other SCSU fans thinks of my posts.

Btw, if I went to the Ivy threads, I'd assume I was talking to a MUCH higher degree of educated individuals, and would approach them much differently.

Just because I'm talking down to you NEANDERTHALS doesn't mean I am also a Neanderthal. lol

Not saying all SCSU fans are Neanderthals, I mean, my sister and brother in law are very intelligent people, who both could have gone to the U of Mn or even better schools, but like you, went to SCSU for reasons of convenience, I'm assuming, I never actually asked them.

Comment

Ok, 2 posters predicting 13-2, and one predicting 9-6.

I need a few more before I can know what I want to offer in the way of wagers. I need to know if SCSU fans are willing to back up all of their big talk or not?? I'm starting to think that they aren't willing to do so? lol Pretty typical.

Comment

I've got plenty, just not dumb enough to tell you all of my inside info, when I'm trying to induce you to bet against me!!! I want either your money, or to make you look bad. I could care less about "looking smart".

It is YOU who has nothing. You talk a lot of smack, but aren't willing to back it up. Just a blowhard.
                              If the majority of posters in this thread post their predictions of how SCSU will do their next 15 games, then I will reveal my info, my stats, my facts, my reasonings. But not until SCSU fans at least pony up their predictions first.

See, to be honest this should be taken as a compliment, I'm giving SCSU fans credit for being smart enough, that if I gave you all I have, that they might actually, subliminally, take into account what I say and adjust their predictions to reflect a more realistic prediction. I'm trying to take advantage of you when you are in the delusional state being #1 puts you in, lol.
                              Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 01-10-2018, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post

Keep lip flappin...
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X