X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Sorry JDUBBS, according to the AHCA (a far more reputable source than Wikipedia and Ross Bernstein), the first game was Hopkins-Yale.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...key-goods-yale

Well, the game I was referring to, did happen in 1895. But since UMn didn't play a "collegiate" opponent, it technically wasn't an "intercollegiate" game, I guess? So the Hopkins vs Yale game in 1896 was the first game played where both opponents were college teams? I'm guessing that is why the ACHA claims the later game to be the first "intercollegiate" game.

And Wikipedia didn't say it was the first intercollegiate game, just that it was the first game played by the University of Minnesota, and that it was in 1895.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
      I don't need to, it's just that easy. But since you are begging, how about a .278 NCAA winning percentage??? lol That's pathetic.
      No one cares.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I don't need to, it's just that easy. But since you are begging, how about a .278 NCAA winning percentage??? lol That's pathetic.
        Just to humor you....Dahl sucked...no one denies that.
        Motzko is 5-7.
        Lucia since Motzko left...5-8.
        Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 01-05-2018, 11:42 PM.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          No one cares.
          That's because its St Cloud Teachers College we are talking about. Why would anyone care?

Comment

I never thought this thread could get worse. Then I remembered some past characters that posted here. I stand corrected.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Just to humor you....Dahl sucked...no one denies that.
              Motzko is 5-7.
              Lucia since Motzko left...5-8.
              Seems Motzko is an upgrade. This season will be a good test of just how much of an upgrade.

Comment

Seems Motzko is an upgrade. This season will be a good test of just how much of an upgrade.
                This season is a test of that?
                Oh please...
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Well, not according to Ross Bernstein. But I have that book packed away right now. So I checked Wikipedia and it says UMn played its first hockey game in 1895. So that would predate the Hopkins Yale game.
                  We have narrowed Right Said Fred to being either Ross Bernstein or JDubbs. I feel like Ross Bernstein would only write this much garbage if he was getting paid for it, ergo this is JDUBBS
                  Last edited by Tipsy McStagger; 01-06-2018, 09:48 AM.
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Before a St. Cloud State grad came and saved the Gophers they hadn't won a title since the Disco era. Sad, really.
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      We have narrowed Right Said Fred to being either Ross Bernstein or JDubbs. I feel like Ross Bernstein would only write this much garbage if he was getting paid for it, ergo this is JDUBBS
                      Hate to quote myself, but we know where this is going. JDubbs is going to go for the triple Lindy and claim those "national titles" where the Gophers beat the National Association of Iron Workers

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        Before a St. Cloud State grad came and saved the Gophers they hadn't won a title since the Disco era. Sad, really.
                        And what St Cloud St grad would that be?

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          So I would be quoting myself as a source? lol That would be kind of bizarre and hilarious. I do own 6 of Bernstein's coffee table books, the 50 years 50 heroes one, the Football, Baseball, Hockey and Basketball ones, and the Wrestling one as well. But he went to the U of Mn. I did not.

As for claiming the Titles in 1940 and 1932/33? Of course I claim them. They are as legitimate as any cfb Title.

But not only that, I just might claim Titles they were bestowed by Prof Tonnelle during the 1920s?

Comment

And what St Cloud St grad would that be?
                            Motzko...moron.
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Motzko...moron.
                              Oh, so assistant coaches determine how well teams do now???

OMG, you probably are that delusional, aren't you? lol WOW, that's just amazing.

Nice Gold Medal in the U-20 Junior World's, btw, for your Motzko. cough, cough, ooops, so sorry, I guess that is not what happened, is it???

Comment

Oh, so assistant coaches determine how well teams do now???

OMG, you probably are that delusional, aren't you? lol WOW, that's just amazing.

Nice Gold Medal in the U-20 Junior World's, btw, for your Motzko. cough, cough, ooops, so sorry, I guess that is not what happened, is it???
                                That's your comeback?
                                Weak...moron.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X