This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    So Zuckerberg has better lawyers than I do! The concept is exactly the same. I did not know that this loophole was already available. Very clever on his part. I hope we see more of it!
    It's only a loophole if his "donations" are tax deductible, which I don't think they are. Otherwise it's simply a standard not-for-profit business.

Comment

Re: Completely Unwoven: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 4.0

The best part of this analysis is it's just as accurate as actual macro-economics.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If Yahoo fires Marrisa Mayer, they reportedly owe her a $160 million severance package.

Must be nice to get paid the big bucks for being terrible at your job.

Comment

I still remember when she was the great savior of that company. Young, upward trajectory, new ideas, understands the playing field.

Lulz.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That's the sound of minds being blown all of the US.

Turns out you don't have to run your economy as wage slavery.

Previous experiments have shown that universal basic income can have a positive effect. Everyone in the Canadian town of Dauphin was given a stipend from 1974 to 1979, and though there was a drop in working hours, this was mainly because men spent more time in school and women took longer maternity leaves. Meanwhile, when thousands of unemployed people in Uganda were given unsupervised grants of twice their monthly income, working hours increased by 17% and earnings increased by 38%.
            Massa will not be pleased.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I read this yesterday and I'm not sure this would work on a scale of the US.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Reaganomics worked exactly the way it was designed to.
                Cornell University

Comment

If you were in the market for a used Model S, well...thank goodness for that 8 year warranty

Not that I wouldn't mind driving one, but perhaps it's time to hold off on treating Tesla Motors like they are "the man, the myth, the legend" himself.

Comment

I love it and hate it at the same time. I really want tesla to succeed so it sucks.

On the other hand, I love that consumer reports just fellated the hell out of Tesla and continues to do so. Yet Acura gets absolutely trashed for having a slightly elevated issue rate either their new 9-speed.
                    Code:

Comment

I still like my Fusion. I pay it off in 18 months, and I expect to drive it for years to come yet. Granted, I'm only 3.5 years in, but thus far the most expensive service was new tires at 50,000 miles back in June, and the rear brakes last month. And considering I average 15,000-17,000 miles a year with my daily commute, those are costs that I accept will come earlier than most.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        I still like my Fusion. I pay it off in 18 months, and I expect to drive it for years to come yet. Granted, I'm only 3.5 years in, but thus far the most expensive service was new tires at 50,000 miles back in June, and the rear brakes last month. And considering I average 15,000-17,000 miles a year with my daily commute, those are costs that I accept will come earlier than most.
                        When it came down to the final few choices in vehicles for me, I actually went online to find out what tire replacements would cost me for each model. In no small part, it helped me make the choice I did as they were all very similar in cost to ownership otherwise. People usually don't think about it when buying a new vehicle, but the differing tire sizes come with vastly different prices.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Managers at Menards must sign contracts stating they lose 60% of their pay if their employees unionize.

But remember, it's the unions that are killing this country.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            If you were in the market for a used Model S, well...thank goodness for that 8 year warranty

Not that I wouldn't mind driving one, but perhaps it's time to hold off on treating Tesla Motors like they are "the man, the myth, the legend" himself.
                            Tesla's got an 8 year warranty. Its covered. They're going to be putting out a $35k car soon enough. The vision is definitely intact.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              Tesla's got an 8 year warranty. Its covered. They're going to be putting out a $35k car soon enough. The vision is definitely intact.
                              Intact? Maybe. But it's a pretty foreboding sign when the $90k car is being recalled at 10x the national rate for any cars. And this isn't something minor like a faulty blinker relay that can start a fire. This is wholesale replacement of the entire drivetrain of 67% of their cars. Read that again. This is an extremely costly replacement. No car company can afford to do that for 2/3 of their vehicles.

It certainly doesn't bode well for the new car when that comes out. If I was considering a Tesla before, I'm certainly putting those plans on hold or looking elsewhere. A warranty is great and all, but if Tesla continues to replace 2/3 of the drivetrains of their vehicles, that warranty won't mean much at all.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Intact? Maybe. But it's a pretty foreboding sign when the $90k car is being recalled at 10x the national rate for any cars. And this isn't something minor like a faulty blinker relay that can start a fire. This is wholesale replacement of the entire drivetrain of 67% of their cars. Read that again. This is an extremely costly replacement. No car company can afford to do that for 2/3 of their vehicles.

It certainly doesn't bode well for the new car when that comes out. If I was considering a Tesla before, I'm certainly putting those plans on hold or looking elsewhere. A warranty is great and all, but if Tesla continues to replace 2/3 of the drivetrains of their vehicles, that warranty won't mean much at all.
                                While largely all true, it happens with many new technologies. Ask somebody who owned an early plasma TV or mobile phone. Apple apps were not without problems. Tesla should be able to navigate this...and if they do, they can make a market. Whether its Coke, IBM or Ford, making markets is historically how companies have become dominant.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X