X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Completely Unwoven: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 4.0

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    BUT THE GOP IS THE MORE EFFECTIVE TOOL OF THE OLIGARCHS!!!!!!
    why can't you see this?!
    But here's the thing, you do understand the inequality problem. Your statement proves you know the villain of the piece here. You get it.... almost.
    [...etc.....]
    Hmm...by missing the author's point, you do a great job of proving it for him at the same time.

The author's point, it seemed to me, is that members of the 20% themselves bear primary responsibility for preserving their own status at the expense of everyone else, and the mechanism that allows them to do so with impunity is their facility in finding other people to blame for the problem. You want other people to pay for low-income housing, as long as that low-income housing is not sited in your own neighborhood, for example; you want other people to pay for food assistance for the poor, as long as you yourself never have to meet any of the people actually receiving assistance face-to-face.

You even come close to that by noting that both parties perpetuate those policies (e.g., mortgage interest deduction for homeowners; charitable deductions for gifts to college endowment funds). Yet somehow you yourself maintain your illusion of moral purity by blaming all of the problem entirely on others.

That's exactly what the author of the article was describing.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Abortion is an important issue to me, just as something else is to you.

I would have voted for a pro choice catholic Joe Biden.
      I wish you would respond to my post, though. Since you'd have voted for Handsome Joe, the social issues aren't an auto veto for you. I am deeply perplexed why, realizing the game, you still back the playa.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I wish you would respond to my post, though. Since you'd have voted for Handsome Joe, the social issues aren't an auto veto for you. I am deeply perplexed why, realizing the game, you still back the playa.
        Because in a one v one I vet person A v Person B. I'm not looking at the party per SE, though I will favor the GOP if close.

Globally both parties suck. The leadership is a joke, they both are pawns of the oligarchs, and all they want is lifetime employment, free air travel and a nice consultant job when they are no longer in Congress. For all this, all they have to do is do what they're told.

In the recent election you had the Komodo dragon vs. the Burmese python. You were getting a reptile no matter who you chose.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Because in a one v one I vet person A v Person B. I'm not looking at the party per SE, though I will favor the GOP if close.

Globally both parties suck. The leadership is a joke, they both are pawns of the oligarchs, and all they want is lifetime employment, free air travel and a nice consultant job when they are no longer in Congress. For all this, all they have to do is do what they're told.

In the recent election you had the Komodo dragon vs. the Burmese python. You were getting a reptile no matter who you chose.
          Well, that is perhaps the most self-aware BSABSVR justification I've ever read. So kudos to you for that.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Flawed logic. There was a huge difference the two.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

While the country is distracted with a shooter... https://www.infowars.com/fed-hikes-i...ing-inflation/

We know what happens after FFR rises... give you a hint: it didn't change during the Obama terms...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                While the country is distracted with a shooter... https://www.infowars.com/fed-hikes-i...ing-inflation/

We know what happens after FFR rises... give you a hint: it didn't change during the Obama terms...
                Lizard people?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  Lizard people?
                  Sandy Hook was a hoax.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

Yeah, the FRB is saying that the economy is now healthy enough to handle higher interest rates, something it did not do while Pres. Obama was in office.

Oh the horror!

On the down side, my house just dropped a marginal percent of its former base price.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Yeah, the FRB is saying that the economy is now healthy enough to handle higher interest rates, something it did not do while Pres. Obama was in office.

Oh the horror!

On the down side, my house just dropped a marginal percent of its former base price.
                      The Fed messes with interest rates whenever they want a bubble and crash. It has nothing to do with the health of the economy. If they wanted to create a healthy economy, they'd leave well enough alone.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Umm:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/16/news...ike/index.html

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/14/news...ber/index.html

And of course the third one, that took place a whopping 50 days into the current administration, had nothing to do with the previous 8 years.
                        Last edited by French Rage; 06-14-2017, 02:58 PM.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                        X