D3 Hockey is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 Hockey is back!

I'm with Seymour. I still read this but it has gotten to the point where it serves no purpose for fans of d3 hockey. Obserbear is the only one with clear-headed reporting and information. I refrain from commenting because I don't want to come back a week later and find that I've scratched someone's thin skin. That's not what I'm here for. Good natured ribbing is one thing, but slamming a poster, a team, or a league for you own personal gratification in the cyber world should have no place here. I hope none of the players look at this crap. This is d3 hockey. Work hard at school, work hard on the ice, love the game.

Comment

Originally posted by puxrex View Post
      I'm with Seymour. I still read this but it has gotten to the point where it serves no purpose for fans of d3 hockey. Obserbear is the only one with clear-headed reporting and information. I refrain from commenting because I don't want to come back a week later and find that I've scratched someone's thin skin. That's not what I'm here for. Good natured ribbing is one thing, but slamming a poster, a team, or a league for you own personal gratification in the cyber world should have no place here. I hope none of the players look at this crap. This is d3 hockey. Work hard at school, work hard on the ice, love the game.
      And that right there is what it is all about. Well said sir.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
        Wow...slop...morons...stupid....idiots...NICE...I' m shocked...why can't we all just get along.

Merry Christmas everyone!!
        I thought hockey folks were different, but apparently not...we've become a nation of PC whiners and crybabies. Ohhh, you insulted me! I'm going to sue!

If you're insulted by any comment on here, you got problems...big problems.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
          I thought hockey folks were different, but apparently not...we've become a nation of PC whiners and crybabies. Ohhh, you insulted me! I'm going to sue!

If you're insulted by any comment on here, you got problems...big problems.
          "Lighten Up Francis"

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
            "Lighten Up Francis"
            Good one....guess he can't recognize sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
              Good one....guess he can't recognize sarcasm.
              ya, guess knott, eh..ya Hoser. Maybe because ur a Mo-Ron?

Point is, there are way too many thin-skinned crybabies on here with their panties all in a twist. Relax, Francis....

Comment

Anyone know where to find scores for the Theresa Humes Women's Tournament at Concordia in Montreal?

Ed Meagher Arena
                Concordia University - Loyola Campus
                7200 Sherbrooke St. W., Montreal

Saturday, Jan. 2, 2016
                10 a.m. Dalhousie vs. Laurentian
                1 p.m. Concordia vs. UPEI
                4 p.m. Carleton vs. Plattsburgh
                7 p.m. Ottawa vs. St. FX
                Sunday, Jan. 3, 2016
                10 a.m. UPEI vs. Carleton
                1 p.m. Concordia vs. Dalhousie
                4 p.m. Laurentian vs. St. FX
                7 p.m. Plattsburgh vs. Ottawa
                Monday, Jan. 4, 2016
                7 p.m. Plattsburgh vs. Concordia
                Last edited by bobbunnell; 01-02-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbunnell View Post
                  Anyone know where to find scores for the Theresa Humes Women's Tournament at Concordia in Montreal?

Ed Meagher Arena
                  Concordia University - Loyola Campus
                  7200 Sherbrooke St. W., Montreal

Saturday, Jan. 2, 2016
                  10 a.m. Dalhousie vs. Laurentian
                  1 p.m. Concordia vs. UPEI
                  4 p.m. Carleton vs. Plattsburgh
                  7 p.m. Ottawa vs. St. FX
                  Sunday, Jan. 3, 2016
                  7 p.m. Plattsburgh vs. Ottawa
                  Monday, Jan. 4, 2016
                  7 p.m. Plattsburgh vs. Concordia
                  The host Concordia Stingers are updating scores on their Twitter account.

Comment

Plattsburgh beats Carleton 3-1 in their first game in the Humes tournament.

Comment

(MONTREAL, QC) — The Carleton Ravens women’s hockey team battled gamely against the defending NCAA D-III champion Plattsburgh State Cardinals on Saturday at the Ed Meagher Arena in Montreal, but ultimately fell 3-1 to a trio of third period Cardinal goals in its Theresa Humes Tournament debut.

BOX SCORE

“We were rusty and we played a good team,” said Ravens head coach Pierre Alain. “They’re quick and they moved the puck well.”

A short-handed goal from assistant captain Audrey-Ann Boutour (Rouyn-Noranda, QC) had the Ravens in front after 40 minutes, but a strong third period from the Cardinals — a perfect 12-0 in 2015-16 entering Saturday’s game — doomed the Ravens to a tournament-opening defeat.

“They came out pretty hard to start the third and scored twice,” said Coach Alain, whose team was outshot 27-17 in the loss. “We had our chances on the powerplay in the third, but couldn’t score and they potted an empty-netter.”

Plattsburgh State drew level just 27 seconds into the final frame, as junior forward Jordan Lipson beat Ravens netminder Hailey Perreault (Kinburn, ON). Canadian Cardinals freshman Muna Fadel then scored the eventual game-winner at the 8:16 mark. PSU freshman Kayla Meneghin added an academic empty-net goal with two seconds left to round out the scoring.

Despite her strong performance, Perreault was saddled with the loss in net for Carleton after allowing two goals on 26 shots.

Camille Leonard recorded the win between the pipes for Plattsburgh St. after stopping 16 of the 17 shots she faced.

“We were okay,” summarized Coach Alain post-game. “We’re rusty, but using these games as good preparation for Friday(’s second-half opener at Montreal).”

The Ravens will look to bounce back on Sunday morning against the UPEI Panthers in their second game of the Hume Tournament

Comment

Plattsburgh's next opponent, University of Ottawa, beat St. Francis Xavier by a score of 4-1 tonight.

Comment

Plattsburgh defeats University of Ottawa by a score of 4-2.

Up next is host Concordia, who have outscored their two opponents by a combined score of 17-0.

Comment

I apologize if this has already addressed, but does anyone know exactly how Plattsburgh finagled its way into a 3-game Canadian tournament? I was under the impression that 25 games plus one exhibition was the limit, and Plattsburgh hosted Dawson College to open the season. I'm not complaining (particularly as a Concordia alum), but I'm a little confused.
                            Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                            A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                            A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                            A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                            Some National Championships:
                            Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                            Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

Up next is host Concordia, who have outscored their two opponents by a combined score of 17-0.
                              This game will be the real test. I think the other two teams are perennially weaker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dyce View Post
                                I apologize if this has already addressed, but does anyone know exactly how Plattsburgh finagled its way into a 3-game Canadian tournament? I was under the impression that 25 games plus one exhibition was the limit, and Plattsburgh hosted Dawson College to open the season. I'm not complaining (particularly as a Concordia alum), but I'm a little confused.
                                If you go back a few pages through the "slop" you'll find more details but each school is allowed 1 international trip every 5 years during a break (preseason, postseason or holiday breaks) that does not count toward your 25 game limit. Key words are international and breaks....
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X