X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Fiat justitia ruat cælum.
    😀😀
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Conspiracy Theory Du Jour

I just can't believe that after all this time someone hasn't written a book with proof of any shenanigans if they in fact happened at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        I just can't believe that after all this time someone hasn't written a book with proof of any shenanigans if they in fact happened at all.
        What about senanicans? Those are different; much more sinister.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          They have. See: David Talbot, James DiEugenio, John Newman, Jeff Morley, Vince Palamara and former congressional investigator Gaeton Fonzi.

Also 2013 or 2014 conference where HSCA investigators Dan Hardway and ed Lopez chronicled in detail cia's derailing of the Oswald investigation.
          Also at the same conference Bob Blakey stated (finally) that he believes as head of the HSCA investigation it's Long past time to investigate the cia

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            It's taken as read inside the Beltway that the CIA had JFK murdered because he was about to seriously curtail their activities and have a full examination of covert action. The debate is over which faction(s) were directly involved and whether the other factions signed off on it or just covered up afterwards. The actual math is insanely complex and I am in no way an expert. But plenty of books have been written.

It was institutional self-defense. The CI establishment has done a lot of extraordinary things over the years. Some have been frankly amazing. Some have been borderline coup. And, once, it was an actual coup.

The Church Commission would perhaps have cut them back except for what happened subsequently in American history.

It's awful, but it's true. America lost its cherry in 1963. It's happened to every other empire, and it happened to us. Since then, we've just been making do and trying to minimize the damage.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So what happens if it was a coup d'etat?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Apparently nothing.

Oh, you mean like what happens if there's clear and unmistakable proof in the records about to be unsealed?

A million Think Pieces but I can't see any real action. We're debating Naziism right now as if it was a parallel acceptable system of governance, and a third of the country defends it because it makes those weirdos at the cabaret nervous. We've had one election stolen in plain sight and another looking like it was stolen by an enemy. Why would this be the final straw? What would induce anyone to do more than march or excuse?
                Last edited by Kepler; 10-22-2017, 05:17 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  someone made a movie!!!!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    what would happen? it was 55 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      It's taken as read inside the Beltway that the CIA had JFK murdered because he was about to seriously curtail their activities and have a full examination of covert action. The debate is over which faction(s) were directly involved and whether the other factions signed off on it or just covered up afterwards. The actual math is insanely complex and I am in no way an expert. But plenty of books have been written.

It was institutional self-defense. The CI establishment has done a lot of extraordinary things over the years. Some have been frankly amazing. Some have been borderline coup. And, once, it was an actual coup.

The Church Commission would perhaps have cut them back except for what happened subsequently in American history.

It's awful, but it's true. America lost its cherry in 1963. It's happened to every other empire, and it happened to us. Since then, we've just been making do and trying to minimize the damage.
                      people believe what they want to believe. like nobody looks at the TWO crash sites in shanksville and believes the plane just nosedived

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Exactly. 1947 national security act creates CIA, immediately they go off the rails. 1948 rig elections in Italy where the communists were winning until CIA interference. 1953 overthrow Mohammed misadegh in Iran. 1954 overthrow Jacobo Arbenz in Guatemala. Had bob maheu kidnap a college professor from Columbia university in 1955 iirc and dumped him in the Dominican Republic where he was murdered within a week. All because he wrote articles bashing the u.s. Friendly dictator there. 1959 assassinated Patrice Lumumba. Sent $ to the in oas to assist them in assassinating degaulle. Thankfully that didn't work.

And after JFK and RFK you have a situation where no-one on capital hill has the guts to reign them back in.

Also see Gary Webb's murder. Kill The Messenger is the book and movie.

Ugh
                        Last edited by solovsfett; 10-22-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Hopefully congress and president move to disable the cia's operations both overt and covert. Turn them into an intelligence agency only or disband/defund and let DIA and NSA take over international intelligence duties.

Harry Truman wrote an op-ed in the Washington post dec 9,1963. "Limit CIA role to intelligence"...reading between the lines he knew what happened in Dallas emanated from a few folks at Langley. Nov 22-24, former director Allen Dulles was at The Farm...assuredly monitoring the progress of the most audacious operation he'd ever conveived🙁

Comment

I think you guys are borderline insane
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

church cmte already decreed the cia couldn't assassinate any more us presidents. all set here.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I think you guys are borderline insane
                                I think you're ignorant. You should read what congressional investigators have found. Why do you think so much of the Church Commite and HSCA closed door sessions are still hidden from the public 40+ years on? It isn't because they were talking about their crossword prowess.

Comment

Working...
                                X