X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Conspiracy Theory Du Jour

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Are these actual "Coast-to-Coast" -esque conspiracy theories that have been floated to the usual websites, or have we just reached the point where sh** is being made up for the sake of making sh** up? I've lost track.
    The original thread was for "real" ( <-- note the quotes) conspiracies, not someone's wild notions here. Then again, the difference is ...
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      There's a lot of overlap.
      Just to clarify- does it count if someone you know really believes it, no matter how crazed it is? I have a couple of real loons on my FB page

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Just to clarify- does it count if someone you know really believes it, no matter how crazed it is? I have a couple of real loons on my FB page
        Bring 'em!
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
          George Soros is funding the "protests" with gang members and subversive special forces operatives from unfriendly countries running them. The plan actually is for the rioting to get so bad that Obama will be "forced" to implement martial law and suspend the results of the election until "order has been restored."
          This one is good.

Then again, I have a suspicion that a national referendum would return Obama for a third term over the Trumpocalypse.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The entire National Security cadre is all quitting. Trump is putting in one of his sons to manage things.

Comment

http://madworldnews.com/minnesota-muslims-last-night/

The end is near!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                This one is good.

Then again, I have a suspicion that a national referendum would return Obama for a third term over the Trumpocalypse.
                If only Landslide Joe had run.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  If only Landslide Joe had run.
                  This is all Beau's fault.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    This is all Beau's fault.
                    I always blamed Digby.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

You got this from FB, didn't you?

It amazes me that MEg has so many Trumper friends who actually believe this bigoted crap.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        You got this from FB, didn't you?

It amazes me that MEg has so many Trumper friends who actually believe this bigoted crap.
                        This one was from one of my other friends first.

My own father, previously an intelligent man capable of clear thought, has turned into a blithering idiot. He seriously believes the crazy about Muslims taking over. Every one of them under 55 is radicalized. (I asked him if he had talked to one and he told me yes, but the guy was older. The younger ones are all bad).

Anyone see the stuff about Zuckerberg saying FB didn't contribute to the nonsense? I would say it is the singularly most responsible for the dissemination of crazy stuff. Probably paranoid but it would not surprise me in the slightest to find out people on each campaign were responsible for manipulating what is posted. Seed it and it will grow.

Comment

This one was from one of my other friends first.

My own father, previously an intelligent man capable of clear thought, has turned into a blithering idiot. He seriously believes the crazy about Muslims taking over. Every one of them under 55 is radicalized. (I asked him if he had talked to one and he told me yes, but the guy was older. The younger ones are all bad).

Anyone see the stuff about Zuckerberg saying FB didn't contribute to the nonsense? I would say it is the singularly most responsible for the dissemination of crazy stuff. Probably paranoid but it would not surprise me in the slightest to find out people on each campaign were responsible for manipulating what is posted. Seed it and it will grow.
                          Facebook is not directly responsible. It's not Zuck's fault that people post that kind of alt-right opinion "news", and that a large swath of the country is stupid enough to believe it. And if they were to censor it, the alt-right would rightfully howl about it.

Comment

Facebook is not directly responsible. It's not Zuck's fault that people post that kind of alt-right opinion "news", and that a large swath of the country is stupid enough to believe it. And if they were to censor it, the alt-right would rightfully howl about it.
                            Agreed. If Facebook is guilty of anything, it's just for their ability to create an echo chamber. Don't agree with a friend who has a differing view point? Unfriend them. Like what someone else says? Friend them. But, that happens in real life too, so it isn't Facebook's fault.

*edit* And even this site has shades of it's own echo chamber, but there seems to be enough dissenting voices that it negates the lean that may occur.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Agreed. If Facebook is guilty of anything, it's just for their ability to create an echo chamber. Don't agree with a friend who has a differing view point? Unfriend them. Like what someone else says? Friend them. But, that happens in real life too, so it isn't Facebook's fault.

*edit* And even this site has shades of it's own echo chamber, but there seems to be enough dissenting voices that it negates the lean that may occur.
                              I have had to resist un-following one of my uncles in the last few days. He's been such an asshole with his gloating, but I swore I wouldn't un-follow or unfriend anyone as a result of this election, and thus far I've kept to that.

The only thing you can do, is return fire, and I've already started with the Pam Bondi promotion. Trumpers are going to have to learn that he's not the "outsider/maverick gunslinger" they think he is.

Comment

Facebook controls the algorithm, so yes, they are directly responsible. The issues that arise from that are worthy of their own thread that I might start one day when I get around to it.

Barring further evidence, I'm throwing this in the crazy conspiracy thread, but I'd certainly be interested to see the information that debunks it: There's an interesting disparity in Wisconsin's voting results when comparing 2012 to 2016 depending on whether the county used paper ballots or voting machines. More than likely, just a coincidence with some demographic explanation, but worth looking into.
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X