Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015-16 Oswego State Lakers Hockey #LakePlacidOrBust #NoMoreDrivesToAdrian #GoLakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015-16 Oswego State Lakers Hockey #LakePlacidOrBust #NoMoreDrivesToAdrian #GoLak

It really looked as though Oswego kind of lost their composure after the third goal. Potsdam turtled a bit, but Oswego made it easy for them with bad passes and poor puck control.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Re: 2015-16 Oswego State Lakers Hockey #LakePlacidOrBust #NoMoreDrivesToAdrian #GoLak

Lots of issues in Laker land. Can not ever starting the season 1-3-1. Scoring should not be an issue but it is. The D is terrible for they don't want to hit any one. Bears 2nd goal Scott just about was nonexistent on the play and the Potsdam player just skated around him. That is happening way to often. As BakDraft has already mentioned to much looking at the puck. Gilbert and Z look just terrible. I thought I would never say this but the team looks to be not in shape. That was a strong point of ours we would just wear other teams down. Coach G is in for a very tough year.
      Is it winter break yet to stop the bleeding??? I can really see the Lakers winning only 4 games before Christmas break with the way they are playing.
      Oswego '88

Comment

Where to begin to turn this around? Bad defense, not scoring, very poor special teams, taking too many penalties. Usually it's just one thing or another but this team right now is almost unrecognizable. They have five days to figure something out and then Morrisville. If they don't sweep next weekend I'm afraid it could be an unexpectedly long winter.

Comment

The tell tale is Oz 45 SOG resulting in 1 goal, Pots 22 SOG and getting 4....one more PPG given up. We saw this trending last year, getting the shots but not hitting home.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
            The tell tale is Oz 45 SOG resulting in 1 goal, Pots 22 SOG and getting 4....one more PPG given up. We saw this trending last year, getting the shots but not hitting home.
            Maybe some credit should be given to McMenimen? It seems like every game Potsdam is getting outshot, sometimes by a large margin.

Comment

well I thought it was only me but.....Washout weekend was bad....starting from the net out,very soft goaltending,our goalies have been outplayed almost every game,coming up with big saves doesnt seem to be the problem ,its the ez ones...special teams this weekend,pp was 0-6 and pen kill was 2-11,to many pens,reffing did NOT help...We have outshot the opponents,but ruined several goalie uniforms,as well as boards and glass,this I think will change as we play more games.Dzone coverage is poor,again stop puck watching a cover a man,waaaaay to many open looks.We did hit 4 or 5 posts/crossbars this weekend,but you make your own break,usually with hard work.Herlihy never stops love it, Berry has good moves but will learn after the first move that at this level thats about all you get,Hulshof is getting chances,soon he will convert them ....Sounds crazy but 1-3-1 and 20% of the season gone,good news, we still have 80% left,we will turn this around,but it will take all around hustle and make our own breaks,it will be interesting to see the line-up come next game,newish names and new combos for sure.

Comment

well. it is what it is. Tough start. Questions everywhere. But from what I saw this weekend, the sky is not falling. My guess is Plats and Pots are the 2 best teams in the league, and quite frankly we deserved at least a tie in both games. We had the 2 goal lead on Plats, and out chanced Potsdam most of the game. We can catch these guys. I have a problem with Waterstreet centering Herlihey and Hulsof. Don't get me wrong, Waterstreet was great in the playoffs last year, but as the third line center, he does not have the speed, skill and finish to play with Hulsf and herlihey. I would put Adams with 7 & 17. I expect more from S. Johnson on D. He has to be better and I would sit him a game just to make a point. Brun was a healthy scratch all weekend, I have no ideal who are best 4-6 D are, and I don't think the coaches know either.
                Anyways had to vent a little. I think we do have a tough schedule, maybe it will pay off in the end, make the playoffs and make a run.
                On the questioning of conditioning, sometimes I think the kid's are pushed to hard physically and mentally in the short period the coaches get them.

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                  well. it is what it is. Tough start. Questions everywhere. But from what I saw this weekend, the sky is not falling. My guess is Plats and Pots are the 2 best teams in the league, and quite frankly we deserved at least a tie in both games. We had the 2 goal lead on Plats, and out chanced Potsdam most of the game. We can catch these guys. I have a problem with Waterstreet centering Herlihey and Hulsof. Don't get me wrong, Waterstreet was great in the playoffs last year, but as the third line center, he does not have the speed, skill and finish to play with Hulsf and herlihey. I would put Adams with 7 & 17. I expect more from S. Johnson on D. He has to be better and I would sit him a game just to make a point. Brun was a healthy scratch all weekend, I have no ideal who are best 4-6 D are, and I don't think the coaches know either.
                  Anyways had to vent a little. I think we do have a tough schedule, maybe it will pay off in the end, make the playoffs and make a run.
                  On the questioning of conditioning, sometimes I think the kid's are pushed to hard physically and mentally in the short period the coaches get them.
                  I did experience a tough start -

Goals Scoring/Penalties Time
                  1st Period (20:00)
                  OSW 1 - 0 6x6 Mitchell Herlihey (3) (Shawn Hulshof/4) 0:44
                  OSW (+): 5,7,15,17,29,G1 PLT (-): 2,11,23,24,44,G31
                  OSW 2 - 0 6x6 Kenny Neil (2) (Alex D'Oliveira/1) 1:10
                  OSW (+): 5,15,16,21,44,G1 PLT (-): 16,18,21,24,44,G31
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times... I'm a sucker for a good comeback story #GoLakers
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

somehow we're still ranked #15 in the "other" poll being 1-3-1. Guess we get a bunch of credit for beating the mighty Brockport
                      http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Nice feature on Laker Super Fan Billy Dixon during the Whiteout pre-game show on WTOP

https://youtu.be/wBpEhrr0iYk
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                          somehow we're still ranked #15 in the "other" poll being 1-3-1. Guess we get a bunch of credit for beating the mighty Brockport
                          I suspect coaching, SOS (2 of the 3 losses being to undefeated teams), 2 goals in the first 70 seconds against Plattsburgh - just loosing in OT, etc. No doubt special teams need improvement as is a need to stay out of the box, but I would rank them at least in 15th, if not higher. The window for improvement is closing, but I haven't lost faith yet.
                          Last edited by norm1909; 11-18-2015, 06:29 AM.
                          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                            Nice feature on Laker Super Fan Billy Dixon during the Whiteout pre-game show on WTOP

https://youtu.be/wBpEhrr0iYk
                            I rememebr Billy at every game when I played there,no matter how cold it was in Romney he was there,no matter the snow outside he was there,it was always great to see him, and when I go to Whiteout weekend I always stop and say hi,also gave him a FDNy t-shirt a few yrs ago,hope he wears it.Great job Coach Gosek and Lakernation,these are things that dont show up in the win lose columns, but gives everyone a good feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              I rememebr Billy at every game when I played there,no matter how cold it was in Romney he was there,no matter the snow outside he was there,it was always great to see him, and when I go to Whiteout weekend I always stop and say hi,also gave him a FDNy t-shirt a few yrs ago,hope he wears it.Great job Coach Gosek and Lakernation,these are things that dont show up in the win lose columns, but gives everyone a good feeling.
                              Thanks for posting
                              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I think Oswego is a dangerous team right now, they certainly have something to prove, and I'm SURE Gosek has been running them very hard in practice lately
                                http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Working...
                                X