X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    You ain't just talking BC games, right?

Miami was up on BU 3-1 with maybe a minute left and I think they lost in 2009

Not sure of the details
    now i have agita!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      MSU and Lowell games are the correct answer, you got them both. This is the one I forget all the time.
      same, which is interesting cause it was one of the best college hockey games I can remember being at.
      Last edited by claver2010; 01-28-2016, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Wondering, did BC raise the remaining tickets up to $30 for Friday night? The games I went to the Denver game was $30, RIT $20, Providence $25, UConn $20 and the UML game next month $25(all lower bowl seats).
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          same, which is interesting cause it was one of the best college hockey games I can remember being at.
          Yea it really is kind of crazy. I really don't remember the previous night's beatdown on Denver either to be honest (aside from BC scoring like 15 seconds into the game and Mongtomery going on his profanity laced tirade from the bench in a quiet DCU Center because York had the audacity to put Gaudreau on the ice for a PP with 9 mins left in regulation).

I think after 2012 I purged the last 3 years of the Linell/Straight/Sit era from my memory. 2014 was simply a one-line team (hokydad and I agreed on this point to the bitter end) that was good but obviously not going to make it all the way that failed to do anything in the tournaments. Hard to imagine it's been a few years since BC has won the HE tournament. Last 3 year stretch without BC winning one was 2002-2004. As always this team will be judged based on how they do in the postseason.
          Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 01-28-2016, 08:43 AM.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

The Kid responded to my email saying he was not allowed to post anything on his blog regarding injuries (The Kremlin STILL lives!) but that Santini has a chance to play tomorrow night. Good news

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Yea it really is kind of crazy. I really don't remember the previous night's beatdown on Denver either to be honest (aside from BC scoring like 15 seconds into the game and Mongtomery going on his profanity laced tirade from the bench in a quiet DCU Center because York had the audacity to put Gaudreau on the ice for a PP with 9 mins left in regulation).

I think after 2012 I purged the last 3 years of the Linell/Straight/Sit era from my memory. 2014 was simply a one-line team (hokydad and I agreed on this point to the bitter end) that was good but obviously not going to make it all the way that failed to do anything in the tournaments. Hard to imagine it's been a few years since BC has won the HE tournament. Last 3 year stretch without BC winning one was 2002-2004. As always this team will be judged based on how they do in the postseason.
              Agreed *full disclosure* this is going to be full spoiled BC fan mode but I think the 'holy chit this group/team is lacking what we've been accustomed to' hit me at the ND series.

I think we all understood the issues with the 2013 team as tournament time approached. The BU HE semis loss could be chalked up to no Jerry, no Kevin, Johnny getting a 5 after Evan Rodrigues channeled his Greg Louganis (btw Johnny getting a 5 LOL HE), and even still BC outshot them 47-27. BTW look at those forward lines:
              Gaudreau-Arnold-Straight
              Quinn-Mullane-SWhitney
              Sit-Brown-Dyroff
              Colin Sullivan-Cam Spiro-Silk

But the 2014 season, even though they destroyed HE & made it to the FF (again spoiled BC fan) it was clearly on the backs of 2 NHLers including a generational F & a guy who might become an NHLer but was one of the best 2 way in the country. But as you said, obviously a 1 line team. Even the 09 team with all its warts (no senior class sans Brock, ravaged by injuries) made the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                bringing this over from another thread.

can anyone name the 2 without cheating?

I couldn't
                Because yesterday completely burned me out and tomorrow will to, I filtered my stats a few other different ways.

Again, 46 games in York-era NCAA tournament.
                BC's Record with GF>=3 was 31-3 (0.912)
                BC's Record with GA<=3 was 7-8 (0.467)
                BOTH was 7-3 (0.700)
                NEITHER was 3-4 (0.429)

Anyone want to go to trivia again with games where neither team got to 3 goals? Without cheating I got 5 of 7. Some tricky ones in there as well.
                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 01-28-2016, 11:07 AM.
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Because yesterday completely burned me out and tomorrow will to, I filtered my stats a few other different ways.

Again, 46 games in York-era NCAA tournament.
                  BC's Record with GF>=3 was 31-3 (0.912)
                  BC's Record with GA<=3 was 7-8 (0.467)
                  BOTH was 7-3 (0.700)
                  NEITHER was 3-4 (0.429)

Anyone want to go to trivia again with games where neither team got to 3 goals? Without cheating I got 5 of 7. Some tricky ones in there as well.
                  I can certainly name two of them! I've always felt the 2004 game marked the end of the golden era of hockey east. Hopefully we're entering another one of those periods with a resurgent BU and Providence being strong. I think/hope Maine is going to be good again in a couple years and gather UNH fans eels the same about their lot.

Where there any all hockey east frozen four games between 2004 and the national championship game last year? I can't think of any.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    I can certainly name two of them! I've always felt the 2004 game marked the end of the golden era of hockey east. Hopefully we're entering another one of those periods with a resurgent BU and Providence being strong. I think/hope Maine is going to be good again in a couple years and gather UNH fans eels the same about their lot.

Where there any all hockey east frozen four games between 2004 and the national championship game last year? I can't think of any.
                    IIRC, BU beat UVM in the 2009 FF semi-final before beating Miami for the NC.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      IIRC, BU beat UVM in the 2009 FF semi-final before beating Miami for the NC.
                      Correct. 2009 was certainly a banner year for Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        I've always felt the 2004 game marked the end of the golden era of hockey east.
                        I don't agree with that statement.

With:
                        BC 2008
                        BU 2009
                        BC 2010
                        BC 2012
                        PC 2015

This is probably the best stretch of success Hockey East has ever seen. Arguably they have been the best conference over the 2008-present time period.

Comment

There are some terrible teams in this league but i would take iur 1-5 right now against anybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post

With:
                            BC 2008
                            BU 2009
                            BC 2010
                            BC 2012
                            PC 2015

This is probably the best stretch of success Hockey East has ever seen. Arguably they have been the best conference over the 2008-present time period.
                            For me the difference pre 2004 was there were a lot of years where hockey east had two or three teams good enough to win the championship. Since 2004 hockey east has won a lot of titles but in most of those years there was only one dominate team. Between 1998 and 2004 Maine, UNH, and BC all made the frozen four at least four times. Since then BC has made it quite a few times but I don't believe any other hockey east team has made it more than twice, and you're talking a lot longer period of time.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post

i think he meant when Maine-UNH-BU-BC all had great teams and the tourney at the Garden was banged out every year, both nights as the golden era.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                                Correct. 2009 was certainly a banner year for Hockey East.
                                IDK about that Tate. Based on BU winning the title and the league having 3 good players that got finalist for the Hobey in what was a horrendously down year for Hobey contenders... I think it's certainly something that Hockey East slanted folks (media and league office especially) could point to but not sure on the true depth of the league that year.

UVM, 4th place team and got FF bid via wins over Air Force and Yale? OK team.
                                UNH was meh and the 3rd place team and probably was fortunate to get thru North Dakota in the regionals in all honesty. Ok team but not a juggernaut.
                                2nd place team was NU and we all know how things ended up for them.

4 teams in tournament. 2 in FF (one obviously fortunate). 2 eliminated by another HE team (BU). NU barfed up a lung as always.

I certainly think this year HE is pretty darn good 1-5 as JD points out. After that it's a crapshow but the league looks pretty good this year. Will they win a national title and get all 3 Hobey finalists probably not but I'd put this year over 2009.

Certainly you have to consider the golden age of HE to be when Walsh was running around cheating his heart out, BC was just starting to annihilate all of college hockey, BU was up and down under Parker as his senility kicked in, and Dick Umile's line change whistling was like the sweet siren sound to Hillbilly ears in Durham. Then everyone dropped off and HE became BC and everyone else for a while as Maine held on for dear life under Timmay in Grandbrook's last stand. I certainly wouldn't consider the timeframe when HE was winning titles in spite of the shallow league as a golden age.

But it all depends on how you look at it.
                                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 01-28-2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X