BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

BU is adding a forward to the roster for second semester, Swedish right wing Oskar Andren, currently playing in the NAHL for the Lone Star Brahmas. 6'1" 185, left shot. 8-14-22 in 28 games and was the team's leading scorer.
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=38744

Brahmas news release:
    "Andren went through a lot and when the scholarship came, to reach that goal, we were all excited," Wildfong said. "We trusted him and believed in him and we're proud of him. He couldn't have asked for a better school."

The Terriers, currently the eleventh best team in the country according to USCHO, have an open roster spot due to an injury and they believe Andren can come in and play immediately.

The Danderyd, Sweden native has been in talks with Boston's Associate Head Coach Albie O'Connell for a few weeks and the recruiting process concluded during the road trip to Wichita Falls this weekend.

"We told him to trust us. I've seen Oskar improve every day in his board work and defensive play. He's going to be really good up there," Wildfong said.
    Oskar Andrén ‏@oskarandren19 37m37 minutes ago
    Incredibly honored to announce my commitment to play D1 college hockey for @TerrierHockey starting next semester. #GoTerriers
    Last edited by Rogie21; 12-20-2015, 08:56 AM.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Rogie,

Scarlet's comment about why a recruit would go through the NCAA process when they know they have no intention of going the college route made me think of Angelo Esposito. And, as often happens on the Internet, when I Googled him I came across an old recruiting thread here where you posted about Marc Hetnik, Jr. That got me think about why he didn't come to BU. In his case I easily found out why from several online articles/blogs which explained that, but it also made me think about all the other players BU recruited that you have posted about over the years. Do you post where each player BU recruits ends up on your blog? Or do you even keep track?

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        Rogie,

Scarlet's comment about why a recruit would go through the NCAA process when they know they have no intention of going the college route made me think of Angelo Esposito. And, as often happens on the Internet, when I Googled him I came across an old recruiting thread here where you posted about Marc Hetnik, Jr. That got me think about why he didn't come to BU. In his case I easily found out why from several online articles/blogs which explained that, but it also made me think about all the other players BU recruited that you have posted about over the years. Do you post where each player BU recruits ends up on your blog? Or do you even keep track?
        I don't keep a running list. The ones who chose other schools are, of course, easy to follow on USCHO and CHN. And for those who picked MJ, Eliteprospects.com shows where they've gone and what they've done. Adam Erne and Anthony DeAngelo both decommitted and were drafted by Tampa Bay. Erne, according to a very good source, really had no intention of playing NCAA hockey, but drove up the bonus from Quebec. DeAngelo was a bit of a hothead and was suspended a few times during junior hockey, so that parting of the ways was likely mutual. I've posted about about Angelo Esposito, who also leveraged NCAA interest into big bucks also from Quebec, is playing in Italy. Then there's Ethan Werek, who reportedly switched to MJ because certain scouts told his family he wouldn't get enough visibility playing his draft year in the USHL. With his spot open, BU recruited Alex Chiasson--a pretty good trade. The Rangers drafted Werek, who is is now in the ECHL, and later traded his rights to Arizona for Oscar Lindberg whose is among the NHL rookie scoring leaders.

Comment

i recall matt lashof would be on the list. also recall he was left of the us wjc team (coached by parker - irony?? )
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Jeff Cox tweeted that BU may be adding another forward for the second semester - a former prep star playing in the BCHL. Just needed to finish the admissions process. Anyone have any guesses?
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Udahl

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                Udahl
                he any good? able to help, or just a body?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  he any good? able to help, or just a body?
                  Good player, good opportunity for him

Comment

Hokydad was right!!

Comment

Udahl video
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsnx...ature=youtu.be

Comment

BU gets a commitment from a top 2001 defenseman, 5-10, left shot Braden Doyle, from Lynnfield. Currently teaming with Robert Mastrosimone on the top-rated Shattuck St. Mary's bantams. 7-23-30 in 35 games so far. Reportedly came down to BU and BC. BU's third 2001 recruit, along with Mastrosimone and Case McCarthy.

Matt Grainda ‏@graindaiv 5h5 hours ago
                        Braden Doyle (01) commits to Boston University. Shattuck St. Mary's U14 two-way Dman has great vision and very good mobility. #NTDPwatch
                        USHR (at Beantown NAPS last summer)
                        Braden Doyle, #8 East Coast Selects, ’01 – A high-end defenseman in all aspects of the game, Doyle skates well, passes the puck crisply and accurately, and can shoot it. He’s poised with the puck in his defensive zone and has the ability to beat defenders with a pass or his feet. Played for the Minuteman Flames last year and will be heading to Shattuck-St. Mary’s this fall.

Comment

Didn't Jake Wise also play for the Minuteman Flames at one point?
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

just curious, who is reporting BC was in on this kid? hadn't heard the name before.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              Didn't Jake Wise also play for the Minuteman Flames at one point?
                              Correct. USHR: The Next One.
                              The forward, who turned 13 last month, put himself on the map when his Minuteman Flames 2000 squad won the prestigious Quebec International Pee-Wee Tournament in February. Wise led the tournament in scoring with 19 points in six games and was named tournament MVP.
                              USA Hockey hosted Wise at Agganis in October when BU played the U18s. Reportedly has been offered a spot on the NTDPs for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                just curious, who is reporting BC was in on this kid? hadn't heard the name before.
                                Came from a couple of sources in the recruiting community and there was an article a while back suggesting BC interest in both Doyle and Mastrosimone, who, according to one guy, grew up a BC fan (like Eichel). Doyle was a standout at a few tournaments this past summer, but certainly was on both schools' radar before that. More often than not, BU and BC are fishing in the same high-end pond: Farabee, Cassetti, probably Moynihan, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X