Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 441

Thread: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

  1. #361
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokydad View Post
    And what meeting would you to go Rogie you know it all Puke? You know less on this board than any poster on here
    I enjoyed this post.

  2. #362
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Nice pivot away from your BS suggestion that Crotty was recruited due to his midterm draft ranking and the disingenuous suggestion that Crotty and Kotkansalo ďwill automatically be in the line-up to appease whatever NHL teams draft them.Ē Itís not even certain that Crotty will be on next yearís roster, given todayís comment by Quinn that he expects MacLeod to return.

    Since, Iíve only seen Kotkansalo once in a streamed game and Crotty not at all, Iíll rely on the judgement and expertise of respected recruiters from BU, BC and North Dakota as well as NHL Central Scouting, rather than someone obsessively beating an anti-Quinn drum and spewing ďbecause I said soĒ pronouncements. You and Hokey should get together and carpool to the next Insufferably Full of Myself Anonymous meeting.
    So the answer is you haven't seen him play and your sources of him being a shut down D are internet recruiting experts and supposed interest from other schools by these same experts...NHL Central Scouting..don't make me laugh...interesting that you speak of MacLeod...he is coming back because he has no other choice..Tampa has zero interest in signing him and has in fact fired the guy who drafted him ..probably based on his Central Scouting rating....oh and the NTDP propaganda machine...I heard Quinn announce an 8 man incoming class today..5 forwards and 3 D...didn't have anything to do with MacLeod leaving or staying

    As for being in the line up or not ..not pivoting away at all...in fact I hope he doesn't come in because he is an average defenseman in a weak league who has produced nothing...could use another year in juniors...I can only go by what I have witnessed in the past...can't see NHL Network DQ telling any NHL team that their draft pick won't be in the line up...even a 4th or 5th rounder in the weakest draft in 30 years
    Last edited by BUtogether; 03-30-2017 at 01:03 AM.

  3. #363
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,610

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by hokydad View Post
    and what meeting would you to go rogie
    nambla
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  4. #364

    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    5,357

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    All I will say is that on paper, BU scares me more next year than they did this year.

  5. #365
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    2,736

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Seems like Zegras dropping to the 4th round of the OHL draft (Misassauga) is a good sign that teams don't have a lot of faith that they can convince him to go the MJ route instead. Given that he was rated among the top prospects for it.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  6. #366
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    436

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    With JFK's departure not planned, is another recruit going to get accelerated? Or will the look for someone else?

  7. #367
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    BU
    Posts
    2,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    With JFK's departure not planned, is another recruit going to get accelerated? Or will the look for someone else?
    We have five coming in and five have graduated or left early.

  8. #368
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    436

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    We have five coming in and five have graduated or left early.
    Did a little digging:

    Out (6) - Roberto (F), Kelley (F), Somerby (D) grads; Keller (F), JFK (F) and McAvoy (D) early.

    In (8) - Tkachuck (F), Bowers (F), Crone (F), Cockerill (F), Amonte (F), Farrance (D), Kotkansalo (D), Crotty (D).

  9. #369
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    BU
    Posts
    2,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    Did a little digging:

    Out (6) - Roberto (F), Kelley (F), Somerby (D) grads; Keller (F), JFK (F) and McAvoy (D) early.

    In (8) - Tkachuck (F), Bowers (F), Crone (F), Cockerill (F), Amonte (F), Farrance (D), Kotkansalo (D), Crotty (D).
    Sorry, I was just counting forwards. I know it isn't official, but I don't think Greenway will be back.

  10. #370
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    2,736

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    Sorry, I was just counting forwards. I know it isn't official, but I don't think Greenway will be back.
    So Greenway would make 5 leaving, and there are 5 coming in. Not to mention that there are others that didn't get into too many games that will hope to see more ice time.

    So I would guess that there aren't plans to add.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  11. #371
    Give a **** lever all the way up!
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    291

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    I was in a thrash band called the Know It All Pukes back in the 80's, played the Rat a few times.

    Anyway, we can relax 'cuz Greenway is staying.

  12. #372
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    2019 recruit Robert Mastrosimone signed a tender with USHL Chicago Steel after 23-21-44 in 31 games in an injury shortened season with Shattuck.

  13. #373
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,223

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by skatin_terrier View Post
    I was in a thrash band called the Know It All Pukes back in the 80's, played the Rat a few times.

    Anyway, we can relax 'cuz Greenway is staying.
    Are you going off what Greenway said recently? Because a well respected in the know reporter who covers the Wild said that was news to them. Basically, they hadn't heard that from Greenway.

  14. #374
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    436

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Are you going off what Greenway said recently? Because a well respected in the know reporter who covers the Wild said that was news to them. Basically, they hadn't heard that from Greenway.
    Greenway has said it himself.
    He is also on schedule to get his degree in three-years.
    And unless Minnesota is handing him a roster spot, it makes sense to continue his development. And they still sign him after next season.

  15. #375
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    6,893

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    Greenway has said it himself.
    He is also on schedule to get his degree in three-years.
    And unless Minnesota is handing him a roster spot, it makes sense to continue his development. And they still sign him after next season.
    Three year degrees have been quite the thing at BU lately. (O'Connor, Baillargeon, LaCouvee, Greenway)

  16. #376
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Three year degrees have been quite the thing at BU lately. (O'Connor, Baillargeon, LaCouvee, Greenway)
    It's more attainable now that the players arrive on campus during the Summer leading into Freshman year, take 2 courses, and stay on campus for both Summer Terms. If one's taking a full course load during each Fall & Spring semester (and assuming they don't drop any courses), they should meet their degree requirements following the Summer Term leading into what would've been their Sr. year.

    In some cases, if one matriculates at BU as an older Freshman, it's presumable that he may have already completed some courses elsewhere while playing Juniors that transferred appropriately over to BU.

  17. #377
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,223

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    Greenway has said it himself.
    He is also on schedule to get his degree in three-years.
    And unless Minnesota is handing him a roster spot, it makes sense to continue his development. And they still sign him after next season.
    I understand Greenway said it himself, well aware of that. Just pointing out that a well respected reporter in Minnesota said that that was news to the Wild. I wouldn't call it a slam dunk that Greenway is back. Guy made it seem like the Wild want to sign him and will talk to him about it.

  18. #378
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Christchurch New Zealand
    Posts
    148

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    It's more attainable now that the players arrive on campus during the Summer leading into Freshman year, take 2 courses, and stay on campus for both Summer Terms. If one's taking a full course load during each Fall & Spring semester (and assuming they don't drop any courses), they should meet their degree requirements following the Summer Term leading into what would've been their Sr. year.

    In some cases, if one matriculates at BU as an older Freshman, it's presumable that he may have already completed some courses elsewhere while playing Juniors that transferred appropriately over to BU.
    Or AP credits, if they are clever.
    Boston University CAS'88

    GO BU!

  19. #379
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    BU
    Posts
    2,349

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    2019 recruit Robert Mastrosimone signed a tender with USHL Chicago Steel after 23-21-44 in 31 games in an injury shortened season with Shattuck.
    Does this mean he didn't make the USNTDP?

  20. #380

    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    5,357

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    Does this mean he didn't make the USNTDP?
    I believe so. The only other player that signed a tender was Trevor Kuntar who did not make the USNDT (was not invited).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 8 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 7 guests)

  1. Lemonade

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •