Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Rumor has it Tiro heading to BU
    Since this cat has been let out of the bag, I will post it here also. I guess that Quinn must have liked Drew Melanson since he is apparently going to Troy to get a player again. Since ET received a medical redshirt for his Freshmen year, he probably has two years of eligibility left.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-08-2018 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    . I guess that Quinn must have liked Drew Melanson since he is apparently going to Troy to get a player again. Since ET received a medical redshirt for his Freshmen year, he probably has two years of eligibility left.
    Tironese's decision was largely influenced by how much Melanson enjoyed his experience with Quinn and the BU program. I understand that Tironese, a center who will be a strong candidate for a top-six role, will have two years of eligibility as a Terrier. Interestingly, he's from the same Br. Columbia hometown as Connor LaCouvee and played for the same BCHL team.
    https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../evan-tironese

Since no announcement has been made, I wonder if Tironese was the casualty of Tkachuk's decision to come back? Was Quinn going to take on 3 post-grad players?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Tironese's decision was largely influenced by how much Melanson enjoyed his experience with Quinn and the BU program. I understand that Tironese, a center who will be a strong candidate for a top-six role, will have two years of eligibility as a Terrier. Interestingly, he's from the same Br. Columbia hometown as Connor LaCouvee and played for the same BCHL team.
    https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../evan-tironese
    Depending on the Masters program he is pursuing, he may complete his studies while he still has eligibility. Can he still play after he has a graduate degree?
    Last edited by HHound; 05-08-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HHound View Post
    Depending on the Masters program he is pursuing, he may complete his studies while he still has eligibility. Can he still play after his has a graduate degree?
    There's no limit to the number of degrees one can achieve - students are limited only by their minds. I understand those limitations are a little more stringent at Northleastern than at BU.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Since no announcement has been made, I wonder if Tironese was the casualty of Tkachuk's decision to come back? Was Quinn going to take on 3 post-grad players?
    Yeah, I am curious to see who does/doesn't make the cut. Also, a pretty curious decision by Tkachuk. Would think he'd have to wait to see who drafts him and what they want him to do. He either made the decision on his own that he likes BU and is coming back no matter what, or he is going to use it as leverage as to either when he is picked or how much money he signs for. Maybe he just has the same opinion that we do - he is not ready and won't be for at least another year.

2016 Hockey East Overlords

The Mack Report already confirmed it was Larsson that has his offer pulled. Not sure yet whether he ends up back at Merrimack or with another school he showed interest in

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    Maybe he just has the same opinion that we do - he is not ready and won't be for at least another year.
    Could also be that the NHL scouts have told him that leaving now would be the wrong move for him. It was clear to anyone with two eyes last season that he's not ready to move onto an NHL roster and has a lot of physical and skill development to do. Loads of raw talent. He's also so young that it's entirely possible he's not done growing physically yet. Another year of development in college is the right move for him, that would put him on track to enter the pros right after his 20th birthday - no rush.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    There's no limit to the number of degrees one can achieve - students are limited only by their minds. I understand those limitations are a little more stringent at Northleastern than at BU.
    You must be referring to the more stringent entrance requirements at NU

BTW, NU appears to have picked up Austin Plevy from UMass. Must have been an outstanding student!

there's a good buck in that racket.
    You must be referring to the more stringent entrance requirements at NU

BTW, NU appears to have picked up Austin Plevy from UMass. Must have been an outstanding student!
    Co op burger flippiní

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Co op burger flippin’
    Looks better and more relevant on resumes than camp counselor or BUsboy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    The Mack Report already confirmed it was Larsson that has his offer pulled. Not sure yet whether he ends up back at Merrimack or with another school he showed interest in
    I'd imagine he'd be motivated to go to one of BU's rivals. It wasn't that ridiculous to think Tkachuk might come back, so IMO Quinn looks bad in this situation. Who knows how upfront he was with Larsson about the situation, but on the surface that's a bad look. It's not like he made an offer to a graduate transfer and then had to pull it because Jack Eichel wanted to come back for year 2.
    2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

#GaudetteForHo8ey

Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    I'd imagine he'd be motivated to go to one of BU's rivals. It wasn't that ridiculous to think Tkachuk might come back, so IMO Quinn looks bad in this situation. Who knows how upfront he was with Larsson about the situation, but on the surface that's a bad look. It's not like he made an offer to a graduate transfer and then had to pull it because Jack Eichel wanted to come back for year 2.
    Quinn looks bad? Doubt it.

1) How do you know that he had even accepted the "offer," if a formal offer was even made, which MacMahon later clarified as BU's "pursuit was stopped?" If he had not accepted the offer, BU has all rights to pull it. 2) Larsson has been visiting multiple schools, which leads credence to the thought that he hadn't accepted an offer, never mind that it wasn't announced on twitter which seems typical these days. 3) How do you know that said offer wasn't made to him contingent on Tkachuk leaving? As you said, it wasn't ridiculous to believe he'd come back.

For the record, I'm not 100% assured he is still coming back but feel a bit better about it. In his last NHL diary I believed he had mentioned that his goal was to get in the NHL next season.

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Schloss had tweeted something similar about a month ago: https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/sta...41718116921344

However, there is also this nugget from McMahon: https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/s...53672181764098

Farrance was selected in the 15th round of the USHL draft, apparently a chance he does not return.

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Schloss had tweeted something similar about a month ago: https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/sta...41718116921344

However, there is also this nugget from McMahon: https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/s...53672181764098

Farrance was selected in the 15th round of the USHL draft, apparently a chance he does not return.
    Didn’t Farrance play some F last year or am I thinking of someone else? If so, perhaps it’s a mutual agreement between Quinn & Farrance to go back to the U & play F?
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Looks better and more relevant on resumes than camp counselor or BUsboy.

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Didnít Farrance play some F last year or am I thinking of someone else? If so, perhaps itís a mutual agreement between Quinn & Farrance to go back to the U & play F?
    He did indeed play F a few times last year.

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    He did indeed play F a few times last year.
    But he sure seemed to find his game at D down the stretch. Of course, I didn't really focus too much on his play in the BU end of the ice.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Thread Information