Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 632

Thread: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

  1. #521
    The social ramble ain't restful
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Posts
    1,831

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    I remembered another - Tommy Kelley.
    Add Chris Kelleher to the list.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

  2. #522
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    To my recollection, here's the St. Sebs / BU pipeline to date. Year listed is when they graduated from St. Sebs.

    1980
    Kevin Mutch

    1993
    Mike Grier

    1994
    Chris Kelleher

    1995
    Albie O'Connell

    1997
    Carl Corazzini

    1998
    Mike Pandolfo

    2003
    Kenny Roche
    Sean Sullivan

    2012
    Danny O'Regan

    2013
    Tommy Kelley
    Dalton MacAfee


    Also, Rick DiPietro started his HS hockey career @ St. Sebs before joining the USNTDP.

  3. #523
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,698

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    To my recollection, here's the St. Sebs / BU pipeline to date. Year listed is when they graduated from St. Sebs.

    1980
    Kevin Mutch

    1993
    Mike Grier

    1994
    Chris Kelleher

    1995
    Albie O'Connell

    1997
    Carl Corazzini

    1998
    Mike Pandolfo

    2003
    Kenny Roche
    Sean Sullivan

    2012
    Danny O'Regan

    2013
    Tommy Kelley
    Dalton MacAfee


    Also, Rick DiPietro started his HS hockey career @ St. Sebs before joining the USNTDP.
    I count five captains or co-captains on that list-- Kelleher, O'Connell, Corazzini, Pandolfo and Sullivan.

  4. #524
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    192

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    To my recollection, here's the St. Sebs / BU pipeline to date. Year listed is when they graduated from St. Sebs.

    1980
    Kevin Mutch

    1993
    Mike Grier

    1994
    Chris Kelleher

    1995
    Albie O'Connell

    1997
    Carl Corazzini

    1998
    Mike Pandolfo

    2003
    Kenny Roche
    Sean Sullivan

    2012
    Danny O'Regan

    2013
    Tommy Kelley
    Dalton MacAfee


    Also, Rick DiPietro started his HS hockey career @ St. Sebs before joining the USNTDP.
    Pretty darn impressive list thats for sure.

  5. #525
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,674

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4


  6. #526
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,698

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    2020 goalie Drew Commesso and forward Dylan Peterson (a dual citizen) are regarded as locks for the team. The third BU commit invited to NTDP Evaluation Camp is 2020 forward Luke Tuch.

  7. #527
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,698

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    In another comeback win that took place last night, Jake Wise had a natural hat trick plus an assist in the U18s' 6-4 win Farabee added a goal and two assists. Despite missing the first 24 games, Wise is 7th on the U18s with 32 points in 27 games. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTx9...ature=youtu.be

  8. #528
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,698

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    BU has a new commitment, 63 Omaha Lancers goalie Vinnie Purpura. He has the sixth best GAA (2.15) along with a .922 save percentage with an 11-3-1 record for the Lancers who are tied for first place in the Western Conference. The Illinois native began the season with the NAHL Johnstown Tomahawks before joining Omaha.
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=233573

  9. #529
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,674

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    BU Hs significant interest in 01 Brian Carrabes, ranked first here:

    http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1366546

    03 list might be of interest with a few Jr Terriers:

    http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1365894

  10. #530
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    BU
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    BU has a new commitment, 63 Omaha Lancers goalie Vinnie Purpura. He has the sixth best GAA (2.15) along with a .922 save percentage with an 11-3-1 record for the Lancers who are tied for first place in the Western Conference. The Illinois native began the season with the NAHL Johnstown Tomahawks before joining Omaha.
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=233573
    So. Who is leaving? Did Oettinger decide to leave and this was the best goalie for next year that we could find? Or is Max transferring and we are bringing in Purpura to be the primary backup during Jake's final season?

  11. #531
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    So. Who is leaving? Did Oettinger decide to leave and this was the best goalie for next year that we could find? Or is Max transferring and we are bringing in Purpura to be the primary backup during Jake's final season?
    Purpura is a late '98 birth date. I'm not sure if BU is planning on bringing him in starting next season, or the one after. Also unsure if this is the byproduct of one of our goalies departing after this season.

  12. #532
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,243

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    There are conflicting dates on different sites, on whether this new goalie is coming this fall or next. I think he comes this fall and is simply supposed to be a backup along with Prawdzik next year. Lynch is just a current student added to the team when Prawdzik left for a semester last year.

    BU then was not recruiting a goalie for this season until LaCouvee decided to transfer, IIRC there was a goalie who originally committed for this current season late in the summer, but then didn't end up getting in to BU. This combined to make Lynch the best option for a 3rd goalie again this year, despite just being a normal BU student, not even a recruited walk on.

    I expect this new recruit and Prawdzik to be the backups to Oettinger next year (with Lynch either being a practice goalie or playing on the club team), then if Jake leaves early the two of them would fight for the starting job in 2019-20 (along with maybe a new freshman who could be using Oettinger's scholarship), the year before Commesso arrives.

  13. #533
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,698

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Agganis View Post
    There are conflicting dates on different sites, on whether this new goalie is coming this fall or next. I think he comes this fall and is simply supposed to be a backup along with Prawdzik next year. Lynch is just a current student added to the team when Prawdzik left for a semester last year.

    BU then was not recruiting a goalie for this season until LaCouvee decided to transfer, IIRC there was a goalie who originally committed for this current season late in the summer, but then didn't end up getting in to BU. This combined to make Lynch the best option for a 3rd goalie again this year, despite just being a normal BU student, not even a recruited walk on.

    I expect this new recruit and Prawdzik to be the backups to Oettinger next year (with Lynch either being a practice goalie or playing on the club team), then if Jake leaves early the two of them would fight for the starting job in 2019-20 (along with maybe a new freshman who could be using Oettinger's scholarship), the year before Commesso arrives.
    Purpura is a 2019 recruit. The College Hockey Inc site has it right. FWIW, McKeen's lead prospect writer retweeted Omaha's Purpura announcement, commenting "Sleeper draft prospect."

    I'd be surprised if Oettinger is here for his senior year. The Stars will likely contact him at the end of this season, but Quinn recently said that Greenway and Fabbro were the only flight risks from the current team. Then again, he felt that way about JFK before Sweeney hijacked him.
    Last edited by Rogie21; 03-21-2018 at 04:58 PM.

  14. #534
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    510

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Since Dallas signed Ben Bishop to a six-year contract, they have plenty of time to wait for Oettinger's continued development. I would expect him to return to BU for next season. And possibly for his senior year, unless feels there could be a problem signing him and push to get him after his junior year.

  15. #535
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    7,054

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Then again, he felt that way about JFK before Sweeney hijacked him.
    I'm still a bit miffed about that. BU really could have used him this season. And at just over 0.5PPG at the AHL level (no idea what their expectations were), JFK probably could have used another year of development at BU. Imagine how much better this team is playing right now and then adding Harper and JFK. Oh well, ship has sailed.

    DFP wrote today that BU arguably has the best top 6 in the NCAA tournament. What?

  16. #536
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,868

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Anything can be argued

  17. #537
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    BU
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Agganis View Post
    There are conflicting dates on different sites, on whether this new goalie is coming this fall or next. I think he comes this fall and is simply supposed to be a backup along with Prawdzik next year. Lynch is just a current student added to the team when Prawdzik left for a semester last year.

    BU then was not recruiting a goalie for this season until LaCouvee decided to transfer, IIRC there was a goalie who originally committed for this current season late in the summer, but then didn't end up getting in to BU. This combined to make Lynch the best option for a 3rd goalie again this year, despite just being a normal BU student, not even a recruited walk on.

    I expect this new recruit and Prawdzik to be the backups to Oettinger next year (with Lynch either being a practice goalie or playing on the club team), then if Jake leaves early the two of them would fight for the starting job in 2019-20 (along with maybe a new freshman who could be using Oettinger's scholarship), the year before Commesso arrives.
    Everything I had heard was he will be a freshman next year. The late commitment is what has me thinking someone gave a head's up that he decided to leave. Purpura seems good but not great (yet, anyway). Seems like he could develop into a starting-caliber goalie at BU but not jump straight in as a freshman. That is why I am thinking Jake stays at least one more year but Max leaves. Max has a partial now, correct? There's no way we are using more than 2 full scholarships on goalies. I don't know what will happen but it wouldn't surprise me to see him leave - he left for the NAHL to get playing time, did well, came back and still can't get in more than two games in a season. Connor had success; I can see Max wanting to do the same.

  18. #538
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    29,708

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I'm still a bit miffed about that. BU really could have used him this season. And at just over 0.5PPG at the AHL level (no idea what their expectations were), JFK probably could have used another year of development at BU. Imagine how much better this team is playing right now and then adding Harper and JFK. Oh well, ship has sailed.

    DFP wrote today that BU arguably has the best top 6 in the NCAA tournament. What?
    And that's on JFK. You think he's looking at his former teammates and wondering about what it would be like if he was still a Terrier with the team going to the NCAAs? I think that was a big mistake on his part. Stupid Don Sweeney. Why the hell did he convince JFK to leave and then keep him in Providence?? What a disaster.

  19. #539
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,021

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    And that's on JFK. You think he's looking at his former teammates and wondering about what it would be like if he was still a Terrier with the team going to the NCAAs? I think that was a big mistake on his part. Stupid Don Sweeney. Why the hell did he convince JFK to leave and then keep him in Providence?? What a disaster.
    Yeah, I am more than a bit miffed. I don't claim to be anywhere near the talent evaluator that Sweeney is, but even I could tell he wasn't NHL-ready. Smart two way player with good skill, but definitely needed more time. With Bjork to be signed and all the kids in Providence, what the heck was the rush? He wasn't close to free agency.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  20. #540
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,698

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    Everything I had heard was he will be a freshman next year. The late commitment is what has me thinking someone gave a head's up that he decided to leave.
    Purpura is expected to be a 2019 recruit, but if Oettinger was to leave (perish the thought ), he could arrive next fall. BU was a competitor for the BCHL's top goalie, Ty Taylor, who committed to UNH. BU reportedly wanted him for 2019. He'll attend UNH next fall.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •