X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 95th Season of Hockey- Michigan Tech Huskies 2015-2016 - Thread #1

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    did you get an offer that high for your John Scott dazzle gold yet?
    No, not that high.

I didn't see this posted yet, but more happiness for the Scott family - twin girls.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/j...p-agent-movie/

If they're going to make a movie about him, it has to flash forward at some point to when his girls start bringing boys home to meet their dad...
    Nice to meet you Billy I hope you have a nice date. Have her home by 10 or we're going to have words.
    And of course this photo would be hanging on the wall over his shoulder with the caption "The last guy who didn't get her home on time..."
    Ryan J

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 02-05-2016, 02:52 PM.
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      Final Price: $1,650
      And that is why I usually don't bother with fan auctions.

Feel free to have my Kero Tech jersey for the discounted price of only $1,500...

Ryan J
      Your asking price on the John Scott jersey is a steal compared to Kero.

By the way, read through the thread on yhe game worn Facebook group discussing the Scott jersey for sale. My Lord are people ignorant. And clueless how the college side is much more a wild west for game worn jerseys than the pro ranks.

I myself have a game worn NMU jersey with an incorrect nameplate on it. Never was able to get the right name, but I know exactly which Wildcat wore it (and why the name on it never did). Can only imagine how much hassle I would have to sell it considering you have a legit Scott gamer.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Welp, looks like Comcast Sportsnet Chicago decided against airing the MTU game. Comcast now shows that they're airing "Iowa State at Northern Iowa College Wrestling" instead. Boo.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Welp, looks like Comcast Sportsnet Chicago decided against airing the MTU game. Comcast now shows that they're airing "Iowa State at Northern Iowa College Wrestling" instead. Boo.
          It's on CSN Chicago Plus
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            It's on CSN Chicago Plus
            Not in the Chicago market. (Zip 60502) Just got home and my Comcast guide shows "College Wrestling: Iowa State at Northern Iowa" on Comcast Sportsnet Chicago Plus.

CSNChicago.com confirms. http://www.csnchicago.com/ontv

Not sure why the change. AmericanSportsNet.com still says it's being broadcast though.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I got a call from the Arizona Coyotes today and I nearly dropped the phone when I heard who it was. I had called them before my visit down there to see Tech in the ASU tourney asking about obtaining one of Scott's Coyotes jerseys (long before the whole situation blew up and Scott was shipped out). Then I nearly threw the phone when I found it was a season ticket sales person trying to give me a sales pitch to buy a package of the remaining 2015-16 season plus 2016-17 season tickets...Grrrrr. I politely responded, well honestly I've completely lost interest in the Coyotes since you traded Scott away. There really isn't anything to make me want to attend the games anymore (truth). There was an awkward pause before he replied, "Oh that is unfortunate, well if you change your mind just remember that I am personal ticket ambassador here with the Coyotes and you can call anytime..." I said, "Well if you can get me a Scott jersey I'll buy some tickets." There was a forced laugh followed by "Have a nice day" and a **click** on the other end.
              I guess that's a "no"?
              Ryan J

Comment

Now more than ever, I sincerely hope the Coyotes move, even if it's just to Vegas (I know they won't, but I can dream). And fcuk Don Maloney, responsible for orchestrating the whole mob hit with the assistance of the league.

Comment

Good win even though Mel just thought we were OK

Mel's postgame with Dirk:
                  1st might've been our best even though we didn't score
                  We were just OK after that, average
                  Vallis can shoot the puck, he's taken advange of his opportunity, defensively too
                  we got frustrated at times, LSSU sitting back waiting for turnovers
                  This is a different game than BGSU/Mankato - more of a chess match, we had to grind it out
                  Jamie was on his game, his best game in a long time
                  Birks moved his feet better, has confidence
                  Auk probably out tomorrow - next man up
                  Lineup changes with earlier start - and didn't have a lot of energy tonight, want to add energy
                  Normally don't skate on Friday night at home, but we did today, not sure if that helped/hurt

Comment

• Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                    Good win even though Mel just thought we were OK

Mel's postgame with Dirk:
                    1st might've been our best even though we didn't score
                    We were just OK after that, average
                    Vallis can shoot the puck, he's taken advange of his opportunity, defensively too
                    we got frustrated at times, LSSU sitting back waiting for turnovers
                    This is a different game than BGSU/Mankato - more of a chess match, we had to grind it out
                    Jamie was on his game, his best game in a long time
                    Birks moved his feet better, has confidence
                    Auk probably out tomorrow - next man up
                    Lineup changes with earlier start - and didn't have a lot of energy tonight, want to add energy
                    Normally don't skate on Friday night at home, but we did today, not sure if that helped/hurt
                    Have to agree with Coach. They were playing Lake State's pace the first half of the game, not our pace. Max's first goal helped to pick it up a bit, but compared to the BG games, we looked lethargic at times.

Coach talks a bunch about standard of play. I don't think we saw our standard of play tonight in terms of tenacity.

Comment

Vallis is a goal scorer, glad to see him have success.
                      Nice job Max one of my favorites.

Comment

Huskies Pep Band playing some Metallica during the second intermission. Wonder if that one left the "Other Side" of the rink scratching their heads with their canes? Does that make the student directors the "Master of Pepsters"???
                        Ryan J

Comment

Twitter running about 10 minutes ahead of Dirk, hard not to peek

Comment

Did Mel really just push Whitten in the handshake line? Did I see that right? It didn't look like it was done for giggles. Hard to tell for sure since the entire second half of the game was a studdering, buffering mess.
                            Ryan J
                            Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 02-06-2016, 06:39 PM.

Comment

That was ugly. Tech should've had at least 2-3 more goals in that game.

Comment

That penalty shot was a terrible call, yes the net came off but not on purpose, he was watching the puck and didn't see the net and knocked it off. It doesn't really matter in the end but feel sorry for Jamie.

Really disappointed at Damon and his team's cheap shots and gooning out there, really thought he and his team were better than that.
                                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Working...
                                X