X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016:: Six Flags Over the HFH

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    I hate playing this game this weekend. It is a game that means nothing in the schedule. We have injuries that we need to heal, and this will be a tough game because of the rivalry.
    We can only lose Saturday night. Even if we win the game.
    I would much rather play this game at the beginning of the season than down the stretch.
    lolwut
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
      Maybe we focus on beating the #1 team in the nation first before we worry about this one? Q only tied Maine last night - I hope they are wearing down.
      If anything, we can learn from them when it comes to "trap games" (although I'm sure we can all agree playing #1 is never a trap, your point still stands when it comes to focus); they were probably so focused on us that Maine slipped their minds. I'm more worried that they're going to be out for blood.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        In our final twelve games, KRACH would have us go basically right at .500. Five of the twelve are against teams rated higher than us (2xQu, Ya, Ha, Cr), and another four are against teams that are at least above average (Un, SL, Ck, Da). Somewhat paradoxically, we have our worst record so far against the below average teams (0-0-3), and winning records against the other two sets (2-1-1 against top teams, 3-1-1 against middle teams). Before the break I said that 10-7 probably wasn't going to be good enough to earn an at-large bid, and we've gone 2-1-2 since then. Even if those two ties are would-be losses (they're not, they should have been wins), as DeepRed said, 10-5-2 in that stretch probably still won't be enough. It looks more and more like we'll have to make (and likely do well) in Lake Placid to earn an at-large bid, lest we miss out even with a 20-win regular season.

All of that said, just win, baby.
        It is actually a bit worse than KRACH predicts as that metric does not take into account where the games are played. As we have 7 road games, 4 home and 1 neutral remaining our expectancy will be a bit lower than the .500 you calculated. Simply stated we need to play significantly above our performance level to date just in order to grab a first round ECAC bye. A tall order given the injuries we have to key players.
        "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          False.
          Really if we finish 2nd in ecac you don't think we would be top 14??
          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Not to mention, given the opponent, the increased possibility we're going to end up with more injuries. After all, who injured Tironese and wasn't called for what was clearly a dirty hit that was called for five the previous night for pretty much the exact same thing?
            Yes who. Ended his season??
            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
              SLU didn't last year. QED.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

As Posted in the Pros Thread, Mike Zalewski signed a new deal with Vancouver. This though I didn’t see till just now...... Zalewski is expected to join the Canucks, who are in the midst of a six-game road trip, on Thursday in Boston. http://www.ecachockey.com/men/member..._Signs_Canucks
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has signed forward Mike Zalewski to a two-way deal for the 2015.16 season, replacing his AHL-only contract. Zalewski has subsequently been recalled from the AHL Utica Comets and will join the team in Boston...... http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|VAN|home
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                    We weren't in 12-13.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      We weren't in 12-13.
                      With the strength of the ECAC this year compared to most past years, it is more likely that a second place finish would result in a bid.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        With the strength of the ECAC this year compared to most past years, it is more likely that a second place finish would result in a bid.
                        With having to play Q twice, H on the road, C on the road, Y on the road and only 4 home games left, 2nd place is a lofty projection. other than QU, the rest of the pack will be within a few points of each other. We will lose enough PWR comparisons to the 4 teams I just mentioned that receiving a bid, looking at it now, is very tenuous. This is an exciting season and we are well above what i had expected (which is the same for most of you others who preached doom and gloom before the season). But i suspect we have to win it all at the ECAC championship or there is very little chance of a tournament bid. I just want to add though, if we are almost totally healthy (Riley and Parker back at 100%) and somehow we do get a bid, we are not going to be fun for anyone to lay against.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                        X