This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread

Wow. I don't get what was so offensive in posting links showing highlights that would make it necessary to get so nasty about a person. I must be missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
      Don't get me wrong those are fine and I like the production quality, I just wish they provided more footage. The highlights from the national broadcasts are usually longer as well. .
      I much prefer the old style of highlights that was just the radio broadcast over the goals. Not so much into the narration. Also I wish they'd show a little more of the play developing.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
        You really do love being a dick to people every possible chance you get don't you? You realize a lot of people have lives outside of Lowell hockey and don't have all day to study every single nugget of hockey history or look up every single detail of the production, right? You're at least 35 years old, why not act like it?
        Those videos were available on the Hockey East website, the UML Athletics website, and YouTube. It didn't exactly take an expert (nor more than 5 seconds) to find them.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Geesh folks lighten up! First acting like the light stick chucking was some kind of horrible reflection on our fans (this goes for Jim and Paula too) now calling someone a d*ck for posting video links? Both were harmless.

Comment

NESN to air 17 Hockey East contests, including two UMass Lowell games
            Justin Soderberg
            President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
            Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
            Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Wow. I don't get what was so offensive in posting links showing highlights that would make it necessary to get so nasty about a person. I must be missing something.
              That's my opinion. His first response to anyone is always negative and God forbid someone is every wrong about something. Let's jump down their throat and say, "wrong!, you're so wrong!, how could you not know that?" You have his response to gochiefs earlier as well. He asks a simple question and you get a sarcastic answer in return.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                Also I wish they'd show a little more of the play developing.
                Agree, I also like to see all the highlights, the goals for both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                  That's my opinion. His first response to anyone is always negative and God forbid someone is every wrong about something. Let's jump down their throat and say, "wrong!, you're so wrong!, how could you not know that?" You have his response to gochiefs earlier as well. He asks a simple question and you get a sarcastic answer in return.
                  gochiefs asked a question and I answered with a little sarcasm. Was my answer incorrect? And why is sarcasm a bad thing? I find that position rather odd coming from someone who was one of the creators of "The Ice is Life". As for the videos, he said that he wished Lowell posted highlight videos - so I posted that they did and gave the links to them. This is a bad thing?
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                    gochiefs asked a question and I answered with a little sarcasm. Was my answer incorrect? And why is sarcasm a bad thing? I find that position rather odd coming from someone who was one of the creators of "The Ice is Life". As for the videos, he said that he wished Lowell posted highlight videos - so I posted that they did and gave the links to them. This is a bad thing?
                    In my original post I was trying to point out that the NCHC highlights I shared were 'lengthy' and that I wished the highlights Lowell released contained a similar amount of footage.

If that was poorly communicated on my end then fine. How about we all take our frustrations out on the Vermont posters instead?
                    Last edited by Middle Street; 10-20-2015, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                      In my original post I was trying to point out that the NCHC highlights I shared were 'lengthy' and that I wished the highlights Lowell released contained a similar amount of footage.

If that was poorly communicated on my end then fine. How about we all take our frustrations out on the Vermont posters instead?
                      For the win!

Comment

Is anyone heading over to Merrimack Friday night? I plan to be there, I expect a tough game.

Comment

Ryan McGrath named River Hawk of the week.
                          http://www.goriverhawks.com/

Comment

In other UMass Lowell news: UMass Lowell alum donates another $1M to honor Moloney, Meehan

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              Is anyone heading over to Merrimack Friday night? I plan to be there, I expect a tough game.
                              Six of us are heading over. Got tickets in a different section so I wouldn't be behind the net with the camera.

Comment

Now that's really awesome Love the snowball of success.

Ryan McGrath named River Hawk of the week.
                                http://www.goriverhawks.com/
                                Still dunno how he managed to hide the jet engines on his skates....
                                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Working...
                                X