X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    Safe travels and happy Thanksgiving to everyone heading out to Ireland for this weekend's tournament.
    Thanks!
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...l-Northeastern
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

As I'm sure the UVM fan will remind us, we haven't played the toughest of competition this year so far (outside of UMD), but I'll still happily take 9-1-3 going into Thanksgiving.

Win this Tournament this weekend, and you've got a struggling UConn team (7 straight losses) next weekend ... great chance to have at least a dozen wins prior to the break. That would put us 2 wins above where we were last year, a season where we finished just thisclose from making the NCAAs.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Nick Master named HE's Rookie of the Week.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Anyone know why Folin didn't dress Saturday night?

On Smith, we guessed that he said "are you effing blind?!" to which the ref said "WHAT did you say?!" and Smith answered back "are you effing deaf too?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
              On Smith, we guessed that he said "are you effing blind?!" to which the ref said "WHAT did you say?!" and Smith answered back "are you effing deaf too?!"
              Well thats pretty great in all honesty.
              BS UMass Lowell 2015
              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

*laugh* Nicely done CJ....but next time let Norm say that.

Also, is there some unspoken agreement not to give UML first place votes? Other than the preseason poll this year, we almost never get first place votes, even though teams below us might get them. Not talking about just this year either. I'm not touting a conspiracy, honest, nor am I saying we necessarily deserve them....it just seems rather odd.
                Last edited by Go-UML; 11-23-2015, 12:25 PM.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                  *laugh* Nicely done CJ....but next time let Norm say that.

Also, is there some unspoken agreement not to give UML first place votes? Other than the preseason poll this year, we almost never get first place votes, even though teams below us might get them. Not talking about just this year either. I'm not touting a conspiracy, honest, nor am I saying we necessarily deserve them....it just seems rather odd.
                  We were ranked #1 in the season going into last year. Look how that ended up.
                  Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    We were ranked #1 in the season going into last year. Look how that ended up.
                    That was actually two seasons ago...already!

I agree that the team has a tremendous opportunity to get 12 wins before the break. I especially hope they win their game against the ECAC opponent on Saturday. The team dropped from 3rd to 7th in the Pairwise after taking 3 pts from ND. I know its still early for that stuff, but they need as many NC wins as they can get, especially given the NC schedule isn't the strongest.

I thought ND looked pretty good this past weekend. I'm glad UML was able to get the 1st tiebreaker over them.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                      I thought ND looked pretty good this past weekend. I'm glad UML was able to get the 1st tiebreaker over them.
                      Agree about ND that was a pretty tough entertaining weekend of hockey. Between the penalties and the wide open play it really made for some nerve racking moments. Boyle came up big again both nights.

The team just needs to stay focus and take care of business in Ireland. I expect two tough games.
                      Last edited by boblav1; 11-23-2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Anyone know why Folin didn't dress Saturday night?
                        Probably because he didn't play that well Friday night and he's been prone to taking bad penalties lately that have led to goals. He's a work in progress.
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Well, if this goes through, this could affect programs like ours...
                          Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            Well, if this goes through, this could affect programs like ours...
                            Seems a little underhanded how this was introduced.
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Average age of programs.
                              Monty

Comment

Hockey in Belfast day 1 photo gallery by Bob Ellis.

http://www.goriverhawks.com/galleries/?gallery=533

Comment

Working...
                                X