This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
    One of the worst officiated games I have seen in awhile. Both referees were clueless out there.
    Boyle got run over at least twice with the ref right there looking at it and did nothing. Once they called ND for 5 straight
    penalties, you knew they were going to even it up...and they did. They took a decent game and messed it up in the 3rd.

I wish the Tsongas would show replays. It would be nice to see what happened on the 2 disallowed goals.
    The Lowell goal was disallowed for a high stick that you could have seen from the International Space Station.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

• Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
      The Lowell goal was disallowed for a high stick that you could have seen from the International Space Station.
      ok....I guess I missed that one...
      What did you say?
      Who own the Chiefs?
      What did he say?
      Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Oh! Was Kevin Shea one of the refs???
        No ..... Michael Baker, Scott Hansen
        What did you say?
        Who own the Chiefs?
        What did he say?
        Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
          One of the worst officiated games I have seen in awhile. Both referees were clueless out there.
          Boyle got run over at least twice with the ref right there looking at it and did nothing. Once they called ND for 5 straight
          penalties, you knew they were going to even it up...and they did. They took a decent game and messed it up in the 3rd.
          I'm not going to say they didn't miss anything on ND, but pretty much all the Lowell penalties were no-doubters. (Then they looked like they just decided to swallow the whistles once the game was tied... but both teams got away with stuff at that point.)

The second disallowed goal was right in front of me, but I missed it because I was watching the puck. I will say, the ref was very emphatic about the wave-off (as was also the case on the first non-goal).
          Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
          Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

They did not cost Lowell the win but they did lose control of the game.
            What did you say?
            Who own the Chiefs?
            What did he say?
            Owns! Owns!

Comment

The WWF take down at the Zamboni end was pretty amazing. The ref was watching it like he was in the first row below the ring. Pretty nuts.

Comment

Tonight also marked the return of inaccurate shooting. Wide, high, etc. The Edwardh wide open net in the second where he could have just tapped it in and instead lifted it up into Section 114 was especially fun.

And the high stick call on UML that halted the Campbell breakaway was a killer when in actuality it was a ND high stick, not UML.

Chapie needs to stop taking dumb penalties. For some reason this season he's penalty-prone and he needs to stay out of the box.

Nice kick into the groin on Campbell too that the refs ignored in the third.

Overall though, ND took it to Lowell in the third. Lowell needs to put that behind them and come out fast and hard tomorrow night and put ND away.
                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Kind of strange game. After the first it felt like Lowell was in total control and should have been up by a few goals not 1-0. Not scoring on the 5 on 3 came back to haunt them. It didn't help that the start of the PP was delayed due to the lights malfunctioning. Can they just leave the lights alone once the game starts.

The penalties cost them tonight. Need to cut down on the bad penalties.

Comment

Edwardh is going to see that open net in his dreams for weeks to come. I'll never understand the need to try and roof a puck with that much twine showing.

The penalties they called were legit, it's the ones they missed that were mind numbing. But that's not why Lowell had to settle for a tie. Too many missed opportunities. Too much sloppy play, especially by the defensemen at the points. My God, just make the easy pass for once; not everything has to be fancy or a homerun breakaway.

Lowell's going to need to ratchet up the intensity for tomorrow night, because Notre Dame had far and away the better run of play for the last 25 minutes of that game.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                      Edwardh is going to see that open net in his dreams for weeks to come. I'll never understand the need to try and roof a puck with that much twine showing.

The penalties they called were legit, it's the ones they missed that were mind numbing. But that's not why Lowell had to settle for a tie. Too many missed opportunities. Too much sloppy play, especially by the defensemen at the points. My God, just make the easy pass for once; not everything has to be fancy or a homerun breakaway.

Lowell's going to need to ratchet up the intensity for tomorrow night, because Notre Dame had far and away the better run of play for the last 25 minutes of that game.
                      It might be good to not throw it out into the center between the dots from behind the net or pass it to the guy with the golden globe on his head when you are trying to clear it..... The D struggled painfully last night at times.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        Can they just leave the lights alone once the game starts.
                        I agree with that!
                        What did you say?
                        Who own the Chiefs?
                        What did he say?
                        Owns! Owns!

Comment

• Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                          I wish the Tsongas would show replays. It would be nice to see what happened on the 2 disallowed goals.
                          I was wishing that myself. Whats the reason they don't. I understand not trying to undermine ever call but it would certainly enhance the experience in the stands.

Comment

Frustrating game to watch. That first period, Lowell was on fire. And yes, the power plays helped, but they were just skating at a level that ND didn't expect.

And then it started to even out on the penalties, and things slowed a lot. Slightly upset with the referees, but ... this wasn't on them.

That felt like a loss. I hate those things.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by kevin donnelly View Post
                              I was wishing that myself. Whats the reason they don't. I understand not trying to undermine ever call but it would certainly enhance the experience in the stands.
                              In most sports, they won't show controversial calls when they happen. Now, once the issue has been settled (ie, the ref reviews it and makes his final decision), that's when they should show it, IMHO.
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                Frustrating game to watch. That first period, Lowell was on fire. And yes, the power plays helped, but they were just skating at a level that ND didn't expect.
                                I really thought ND had the better of the first ~10 minutes. There were two or three spells of extended possession in the Lowell zone that led to some pretty good looks at goal. Lowell kind of took over once the Irish started taking penalties (and had the better of play until maybe five minutes into the third period or so).
                                Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                                Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Working...
                                X