This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Masters is a Joey Diamond in the making. Little punk. He and Mueller were mixing it up a lot on Friday night and he was pestering several on Saturday night.

UML handled ASU the way they should have and they need to do the same thing to AIC and the third Amherst game (which is non-conference and needed to play three when deciding the Alumni Cup which UML has already taken by virtue of winning the first two games). Need to mute as much as possible those two horrendous losses to UConn. NU and UNH games are hugely important and if they stay the course, regular season title could potentially come down to that last home game vs. BC.
    Those ties against Merrimack are hurting them too.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      Hopefully the team made it through the weekend without any injuries. Things got a little chippy at times last night. It seemed like the Hawks were a little ticked off as they kept it going right until the end. Sun Devil Jordan Masters (former UNH recruit) seemed to be involved with several River Hawks both nights.

A big weekend coming up against NU and UNH.
      Wait until you see the penalty summary from this ASU / MC game. I can only imagine how out of hand that one got.

Comment

• Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
        Wait until you see the penalty summary from this ASU / MC game. I can only imagine how out of hand that one got.
        54 PIM in total, not too bad. MC went 5-7 on the power play in their 10-0 win.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          He definitely got Zink's attention last night.
          I'm glad somebody did. Zink was atrocious last night.
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

I thought ASU displayed chippiness all weekend in what little I could see (internet acting up). Tired plus frustrated can only lead to bad things... I suppose when you said that I expected a bit more... but when you realize there's only one 10 min misconduct amongst the bunch (as far as I saw).

Real funny is the lumpy nature... ASU had a streak of 5 penalties... they get a set of matching... then Merrimack takes the next 6. "Fun" night at the Volpedrome.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              I thought ASU displayed chippiness all weekend in what little I could see (internet acting up). Tired plus frustrated can only lead to bad things... I suppose when you said that I expected a bit more... but when you realize there's only one 10 min misconduct amongst the bunch (as far as I saw).

Real funny is the lumpy nature... ASU had a streak of 5 penalties... they get a set of matching... then Merrimack takes the next 6. "Fun" night at the Volpedrome.
              Marbles in the pocket penalty theory. Mr always says it is like putting a marble in their pocket every time they call a penalty. They don't like the pockets to be uneven.

Comment

CJ Smith was named Hockey East Player of the Week.

Also, Mill City Sports is reporting that both Christian Folin and Scott Wilson have been recalled by their NHL teams. Lowell now has five former players currently on an NHL roster.

Comment

All right who do we root for? Heart says Harvard and NU no question. Brain says BC. Brain confused on NU-BU. Do we want NU to lose in the 4th OT so they will be tired and despondent? Do we hope NU wins so coming up to Lowell will be a letdown? Do we hope NU gets put in their place with an ***** kicking?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                    All right who do we root for? Heart says Harvard and NU no question. Brain says BC. Brain confused on NU-BU. Do we want NU to lose in the 4th OT so they will be tired and despondent? Do we hope NU wins so coming up to Lowell will be a letdown? Do we hope NU gets put in their place with an ***** kicking?
                    I'm rooting for Harvard, have had too many crappy interactions with NU fans to not root for the trainwreck
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015
                    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

I get what UMLPuck is saying, trust me, but NU accepted me so many years ago and I still can't stand BU in spite of all the *****hat fans we've run into at NU. I'm rooting for HU/NU like I always do. And I'll likely be disappointed like I always am.
                      Last edited by Go-UML; 02-01-2016, 08:34 PM.
                      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

No matter who you're rooting for this first game has been fun to watch
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015
                        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

I meant to share this earlier. Norm did a radio interview prior to last weekend's series and he revealed that the return visit to ASU will be during the 2nd week of January 2018.

https://soundcloud.com/espnnhradio/a...hour-1#t=23:20

Comment

I meant to share this earlier. Norm did a radio interview prior to last weekend's series and he revealed that the return visit to ASU will be during the 2nd week of January 2018.

https://soundcloud.com/espnnhradio/a...hour-1#t=23:20
                            Thanks! That's pretty huge
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

I'd love to see someone else win the 'Pot, but it's always fun reminding NU fans that we have as many Beanpots as they do over the last (now over) 25 years. Also, that we've actually won a Championship game in that building.
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                I'd love to see someone else win the 'Pot, but it's always fun reminding NU fans that we have as many Beanpots as they do over the last (now over) 25 years. Also, that we've actually won a Championship game in that building.
                                Seriously.... Every year you check the scores to see if somebody else pulled through... And every year... Whiff!

I don't harbor much love for the Boston Monday tournament... And that it basically goes on autopilot every year doesn't help.
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X