Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread 2015-16

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Did you buy SRO at the window or on the street?
    I always bought on the street, and it was almost always an actual seat not SRO. If you're getting a single ticket, and don't care where it is (I didn't, I'd always stand atop Sec 13, 15 or 16) you can get in the building for pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by RL3AO View Post
      Gophers hockey was a staple of my childhood on FSN every Friday and Saturday. Over half their schedule was against teams capable of winning the national title. Now many of the games aren't on TV. They play in the 4th (5th? WCHA?) best conference now. Hope the Penn State program was worth it because it changed college hockey at the U of M. Thankfully SCSU, UND, UMD, etc. were able to come out of the shakeup.
      I still blame Air Force. They started it all, if you know your history.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
        I always bought on the street, and it was almost always an actual seat not SRO. If you're getting a single ticket, and don't care where it is (I didn't, I'd always stand atop Sec 13, 15 or 16) you can get in the building for pretty cheap.
        Over the years I've sometimes had an extra to sell, and have gotten to know how the game is played.
        Tips:
        > If you are a buyer scope out the supply/demand situation before committing to anything.
        > Look for actual ticket holders, not scalpers. If they approach you ignore them until you understand the market situation.
        > When you're ready to buy do not agree to pay what the seller first asks. Make an offer below that amount. If they say no they will often agree to it as you turn and walk away.
        > If you see there are lots of sellers in relation to buyers it almost always pays to wait until just before game time. Oftentimes sellers who are going to the game themselves will almost give them away rather than miss the first part of the game.
        > Single tickets are always priced well below pairs. If you're with someone consider buying two singles for games where the crowd appears light. In all likelihood you'll be able to sit together anyway.
        Last edited by D2D; 11-26-2015, 07:19 PM.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Over the years I've sometimes had an extra to sell, and have gotten to know how the game is played.
          Tips:
          > If you are a buyer scope out the supply/demand situation before committing to anything.
          > Look for actual ticket holders, not scalpers. If they approach you ignore them until you understand the market situation.
          > When you're ready to buy do not agree to pay what the seller first asks. Make an offer below that amount. If they say no they will often agree to it as you turn and walk away.
          > If you see there are lots of sellers in relation to buyers it almost always pays to wait until just before game time. Oftentimes sellers who are going to the game themselves will almost give them away rather than miss the first part of the game.
          > Single tickets are always priced well below pairs. If you're with someone consider buying two singles for games where the crowd appears light. In all likelihood you'll be able to sit together anyway.
          The last couple games I went to, I just bought from whoever, but was always ready to walk. Chances are, even with SRO, you'll find a seat, which brings me to my next hint:

Know the team's fanbase for that game. For example, I know MTU will NEVER fill their entire section that is set aside. So, buy SRO, and grab a seat in that section. Obviously, teams like tUMD, UND, probably SCSU are different, but again, you should know that going in.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Two dead horses I want to beat.

1. Bristedt is arriving at the next tier. Outside of possibly Schierhorn, our full stop best player. If one knew his track record, they wouldn't be too surprised. He's been the best player in any league in which he's participated. Its just that there were quite a few unknowns and he may not have made it through. If the staff can keep his line loaded, he'll be a star.

2. Get Cammy up on one of the top scoring lines. He can't bulldoze his way to make the 3rd into a great line. But he is a highly specialized and skilled player who can make other talented players much better.

Early in the year, folks here were all about 'wanting to improve Kloos' scoring'. My position was it was not about Kloos but rather about the team. They broke up the pairing. Big shock, Kloos' performance has fallen off a cliff and with it Cammy. At just under a third the way through the season, Kloos has 6 pts. vs. his season ending totals of 32. While at just under a third of the way through the season, Cammy's production has dropped to 4 pts. vs. 27 for season ending totals. And even Reilly, who should be the beneficiary here, is at 3 pts so far vs. 16 end of the season last year when he was on the third line. These guys are all a year older. These pairings are not working.

I hope the staff wakes up soon and at least tests putting the (Kloos/Cammy) band back together.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

11 Games played. #37 in Pairwise! Just above WI! Only 9 behind Holy Cross!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                But he is a highly specialized and skilled player who can make other talented players much better.
                What exactly is his skill?

He seems pretty much a bust in my eyes. Can't put him on 3rd or 4th line and he doesn't skate decent enough or at least have a net front physical presence to put on the 1st or 2nd line.

Only 1 line is decent though, and that's wherever Bristedt is.

How about this line:

Bristedt, Kloos, Fasching - That gives us 1 very good line, the rest are playing like crap anyway so what do we have to lose...
                Last edited by SanTropez; 12-01-2015, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                  How about this line:

Bristedt, Kloos, Fasching - That gives us 1 very good line, the rest are playing like crap anyway so what do we have to lose...
                  Worth a try. The only change from this weekend would be that Kloos takes the place of Novak at center.

Comment

Correct.

I like Novak too, I think he is going to be good, but I would rather see the experience of Kloos with Bristedt and Fasching.

Let Novak center Sheehy and whoever else decides to play hard.

Also c reilly, wow is he invisible, thought he would step up.

Comment

Also c reilly, wow is he invisible, thought he would step up.
                      Yeah the one-timers aren't working like last year. He's been a liability in the D zone as well...

Comment

Good discussion guys. If we skip the hiccups of the first three games, in the last 8 they've scored very close to the mark of the 2012-13 season (3.49). My opinion is the defense has struggled too often winning puck battles and clearing the D zone. With a depleted D from last season's losses, they'll have to improve, but I'd like to see Jack Sadek, a Wild draft choice, see more ice time. Schierhorn has been very good at times, but has also been a little careless in handling rebounds.

Personally I wouldn't change the Bristedt/NovakFasching line at all. That's been very productive, but I would plant Fasching in front more often and design some plays to get him touches in the dirty areas. I'd probably switch Connor Reilly with Cammy as has been suggested and restore the Kloos/Cammy pairing. Reilly maybe needs a change, he's a key guy this season (Gates/Lettieri/Reilly?).

Comment

What exactly is his skill?
                          Cammy is the best set up and assist guy on the team. So when he's partnered with Vinny and Brent (who are not really scorers) then it goes to waste. Players are different...as a coach you maximize their skillsets. Don't look for him to be a grinder. Look for him to lead forwards in assists as he did last year.

I would think that its more than a random occurance that after a pairing that had been overachieving for years was broken up and C Reilly was subbed in....that all three players stats plummeted even with them all being a year older. Geeze, their stats are down...just try it.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Yeah I mentioned sadek in the game thread as well, hope he gets some playing time. Kid can really move with the puck, going to be another good one.

Putting reilly with lettieri and gates, sure may as well give it a shot, maybe it will spark reilly.

Comment

Yeah I mentioned sadek in the game thread as well, hope he gets some playing time. Kid can really move with the puck, going to be another good one.

Putting reilly with lettieri and gates, sure may as well give it a shot, maybe it will spark reilly.
                              Yeah. Through developing years, I was thinking Norman and Sadek would be stars when they got here. And both have been struggling for ice time. Not the best of signs.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Anybody have any idea what is wrong with the Gophers' PK?

From my unelite hockey mind and uninformed point of view it really looks like the Gophers chase the puck which leads to back door chances hanging Schierhorn out to dry.
                                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X