Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Cars: 2015

Lucia Apologist

Re: Cars: 2015

Don't get the RDX. Consumer Reports savaged it the last time they reviewed it.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Don't get the RDX. Consumer Reports savaged it the last time they reviewed it.
    What year though? I don't want the mdx- too big. Also I'm Not buying new

Also, I don't want a CVT, and I refuse European or American, so that leaves me with...Acura, Mazda or Lexus?

Lucia Apologist

MDX drives like it's a much smaller car.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    MDX drives like it's a much smaller car.
    But it's a lot more expensive. Where did RDX get trashed? I've found reviews from 2013-on that are good

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    But it's a lot more expensive. Where did RDX get trashed? I've found reviews from 2013-on that are good
    http://www.edmunds.com/acura/rdx/2017/suv/review/
    http://www.kbb.com/acura/rdx/2016/ba...hicleid=410032
    http://www.caranddriver.com/acura/rdx

And yeah, Consumer Reports didn't much care for it. You'll need a subscription to get the full detail for their review. http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/acura-rdx.htm

Consumer Reports tends to carry more weight with their reviews because unlike other review companies, they do not receive their test products from the manufacturers but rather pay for it directly. It makes their reviews unblinkingly honest and usually less glowing for marginal product. For instance, outside of the Ram line, they absolutely savage all things Fiat-Chrysler for lack of dependability and middling drive quality.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Lucia Apologist

On the MDX I thought they were being a bunch of Luddites when they said that the nav system sucked hard. They were pretty close to being right. It's not the worst thing I've ever used but it has some serious deficiencies. The voice commands might as well have been done in Mongolian. They don't recognize anything.

I'm actually leaning towards a 2016 Subaru Forester. Didn't like the Acura as much on my test drives today.
    And yeah Acura nav blows. I've never ever used it in mine

Lucia Apologist

Once you get used to it, it's ok. I'm desperately missing it with my Hyundai Santa Fe rental.

Well, I'm missing everything about my MDX. There isn't a single redeeming thing about the Santa Fe (compared to the MDX, which probably isn't fair).

wubba lubba dub dub

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has radar proof that a 2011 Ford Mustang will travel at least 208 MPH.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has radar proof that a 2011 Ford Mustang will travel at least 208 MPH.
    I wonder if the county participates in asset seizure and who gets the car?

I would suggest that the radar guns be calibrated.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Maybe, it would depend on transmission, tires and how it was geared. I could see a Mustang doing it but you'd be crazy doing it. The younger the guy the more I could see it

wubba lubba dub dub

I thought the same, but it doesn't say if the vehicle has been altered in some fashion or another, of it he has a pre-tuned aftermarket package. Still, the numbers trooper's numbers can't be off by that much.

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Maybe, it would depend on transmission, tires and how it was geared. I could see a Mustang doing it but you'd be crazy doing it. The younger the guy the more I could see it
    It is actually quite difficult to increase a "mere mortal" car's speed beyond about 150 MPH. Above that point aerodynamic drag starts pushing back exponentially harder and harder.

For scale, the Bugatti Veyron only needs about 250 of its 1000+ HP to reach 150 MPH. Heck, a Camry makes that much power these days. The Veyron needs everything else it has to continue to 250. And that's with the caveat that the tires will eat themselves within 10 minutes.

Plus you need a couple miles of clear runway to hit that speed - rarely available on a public road.

Either this guy had a fully loaded 1000 HP+ drag special or we're dealing with cop math.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: No One Had The Guts...Until Now!

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    It is actually quite difficult to increase a "mere mortal" car's speed beyond about 150 MPH. Above that point aerodynamic drag starts pushing back exponentially harder and harder.

For scale, the Bugatti Veyron only needs about 250 of its 1000+ HP to reach 150 MPH. Heck, a Camry makes that much power these days. The Veyron needs everything else it has to continue to 250. And that's with the caveat that the tires will eat themselves within 10 minutes.

Plus you need a couple miles of clear runway to hit that speed - rarely available on a public road.

Either this guy had a fully loaded 1000 HP+ drag special or we're dealing with cop math.
    Yeah the fastest on record was a Koeningsegg at 242 mph and that's a specifically designed supercar. I don't think the aero package on a 2011 Mustang will hit 200.

Kichizapi Chetan

I thought the same, but it doesn't say if the vehicle has been altered in some fashion or another, of it he has a pre-tuned aftermarket package. Still, the numbers trooper's numbers can't be off by that much.
    Did this young fellow have his "pony" sniffing a little NOx pray tell?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Kichizapi Chetan

The trooper needs to not go all "Rosco P. Coltrane" and not bump the "English / Metric" button in the future.

208 Km/Hr is about 129 mph ... not that I'd know ... < whistling > ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Did this young fellow have his "pony" sniffing a little NOx pray tell?
    That's my thought, although his engine and tires are likely shot because of that.

Kichizapi Chetan

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    So you've never driven I-29 (Fargo to SD border) ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Thread Information