Cars: 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars: 2015

Kep, I had a 2016 Forrester loaner when I took my '14 Impreza in for service. They have gotten VERY big, it is taller than our 2013 Outback. No longer the little SUV they used to be. Had good acceleration and was quite roomy, mileage was worse than my Impreza for driving the same route. Still over 30 for average of city/freeway driving (where my Impreza gets 35+).

It had sensors that drove me nuts with "lane departure warnings." Yes I am on a solid line, but it's on an empty curvy road and I cut those curves dammit.

Re: Cars: 2015

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    It had sensors that drove me nuts with "lane departure warnings."
    I believe those warnings are all customizable.

I've had my '14 Crosstrek for just shy of 18 months and absolutely love it. Other than being a bit underpowered with only a 2.0, the 33+ mpg and sporty styling more than make up for it. I chose it over the Forester due to the size difference and better looks.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
      I believe those warnings are all customizable.

I've had my '14 Crosstrek for just shy of 18 months and absolutely love it. Other than being a bit underpowered with only a 2.0, the 33+ mpg and sporty styling more than make up for it. I chose it over the Forester due to the size difference and better looks.
      You're getting better MPG out of yours than I am out of mine. I must drive mine harder than you do yours. And I agree, the lack of power is irritating. I can't decide if it's the torque or the design of the CVT.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

http://jalopnik.com/volkswagen-wiped...ite-1734668021

Yeesh.

Also, there's this:
        http://jalopnik.com/this-is-the-last...ver-1734671769
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          Kep, I had a 2016 Forrester loaner when I took my '14 Impreza in for service. They have gotten VERY big, it is taller than our 2013 Outback. No longer the little SUV they used to be.
          Yep - pretty much a Subaru CR-V / RAV-4 at this point.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            You're getting better MPG out of yours than I am out of mine. I must drive mine harder than you do yours. And I agree, the lack of power is irritating. I can't decide if it's the torque or the design of the CVT.
            Around town it's only 26-28, combined is right around 30, and all highway I can get 33-34 if I don't push it.

The CVT took getting used to for sure. It's not so much a lack of power, but you can't baby the CVT at slow speeds... you need to roll into the throttle and keep the RPM's up until it upshifts to 3rd gear. Still infinitely better than the 14-15 mpg I was getting out of my old Dakota pickup.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I'd buy a Rav before a Subaru if you are at all tall. The last Subaru I got in I needed a shoe horn to get into. My wife gets 28 with hers, 4 cylinder auto. Has plenty of get and go also
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I heartily recommend the Mini Cooper. I have the 2008 and it gets ~37 miles to the gallon (mostly highway and a stickshift). It is surprisingly good in the snow d/t it's weight. I would recommend it if you're overly tall, but my hubs drives it and he's 6'ish 300ish. I will get the S model next time, though the base model comes with "sport" mode.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  Around town it's only 26-28, combined is right around 30, and all highway I can get 33-34 if I don't push it.

The CVT took getting used to for sure. It's not so much a lack of power, but you can't baby the CVT at slow speeds... you need to roll into the throttle and keep the RPM's up until it upshifts to 3rd gear. Still infinitely better than the 14-15 mpg I was getting out of my old Dakota pickup.
                  All right, that sounds much more like the numbers I'm getting. I usually come in around 29-30 during the summer, around 27 in the winter, always mixed driving.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                    I heartily recoemmer Dnd the Mini Cooper. I have the 2008 and it gets ~37 miles to the gallon (mostly highway and a stickshift). It is surprisingly good in the snow d/t it's weight. I would recommend it if you're overly tall, but my hubs drives it and he's 6'ish 300ish. I will get the S model next time, though the base model comes with "sport" mode.
                    I tried a Cooper but stayed with Volvo, getting a C30 T5 R Design. Much more comfortable for me than the Mini so I'll sacrifice the gas mileage. I get about 27-29 mpg even with my lead foot!
                    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Anyone here own a car with a ZF 9HP nine-speed transmission? Just curious on your insights. Especially if it's in an Acura.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Those Krazy Krauts, you just can't stay made at 'em.

EPA Finds 10,000 Additional Audi, Porsche And VW Diesels Faked Emissions

Federal regulators said today they had found 10,000 additional diesel engines in Volkswagen Group vehicles—including Audi sedans and Porsche SUVs—that fake their emissions under testing through software, adding another layer to the scandal engulfing the German automaker.

But Volkswagen denied the accusation, saying it had no software in those engines that did what U.S. regulators claimed.

If upheld, the test results would belie VW’s statements six weeks ago that a software program which could sense whether a vehicle was being tested by authorities was only installed in four-cylinder turbodiesels. VW has said 11 million vehicles worldwide were affected by that software, and has pledged to spend billions of dollars bringing them into compliance. The scandal has led to the ouster of VW’s CEO and investigations around the world.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency said its testing uncovered similar software in seven new models equipped with 3-liter V-6 diesels: the 2014 Volkswagen Touareg, 2015 models of the Porsche Cayenne and 2016 models of the Audi A6 Quattro, Audi A7 Quattro, Audi A8 and Audi Q5.

“VW has once again failed its obligation to comply with the law that protects the air for all Americans,” said Cynthia Giles, EPA’s Assistant Administrator for Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance.
                        Last edited by St. Clown; 11-02-2015, 03:51 PM. Reason: Junk new color scheme that makes it impossible to differentiate between normal text and hyperlink text.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Those Krazy Krauts, you just can't stay made at 'em.

EPA Finds 10,000 Additional Audi, Porsche And VW Diesels Faked Emissions
                          Well, ****. Now I DO have to pay close attention to this, with my 2014 Touareg. **** it all.

Comment

This clusterfark is now expanded to gasoline cars...

VW may not survive this when it's all said and done...
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              This clusterfark is now expanded to gasoline cars...

VW may not survive this when it's all said and done...
                              They'll have to sell off assets, like Porsche or some other subsidiaries, but VW itself will survive. It wouldn't be surprising if they get a loan from the German government to help keep the company afloat.

Comment

Working...
                              X