Cars: 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has radar proof that a 2011 Ford Mustang will travel at least 208 MPH.
    I wonder if the county participates in asset seizure and who gets the car?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: Cars: 2015

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has radar proof that a 2011 Ford Mustang will travel at least 208 MPH.
      I would suggest that the radar guns be calibrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Maybe, it would depend on transmission, tires and how it was geared. I could see a Mustang doing it but you'd be crazy doing it. The younger the guy the more I could see it
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I thought the same, but it doesn't say if the vehicle has been altered in some fashion or another, of it he has a pre-tuned aftermarket package. Still, the numbers trooper's numbers can't be off by that much.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Maybe, it would depend on transmission, tires and how it was geared. I could see a Mustang doing it but you'd be crazy doing it. The younger the guy the more I could see it
            It is actually quite difficult to increase a "mere mortal" car's speed beyond about 150 MPH. Above that point aerodynamic drag starts pushing back exponentially harder and harder.

For scale, the Bugatti Veyron only needs about 250 of its 1000+ HP to reach 150 MPH. Heck, a Camry makes that much power these days. The Veyron needs everything else it has to continue to 250. And that's with the caveat that the tires will eat themselves within 10 minutes.

Plus you need a couple miles of clear runway to hit that speed - rarely available on a public road.

Either this guy had a fully loaded 1000 HP+ drag special or we're dealing with cop math.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              It is actually quite difficult to increase a "mere mortal" car's speed beyond about 150 MPH. Above that point aerodynamic drag starts pushing back exponentially harder and harder.

For scale, the Bugatti Veyron only needs about 250 of its 1000+ HP to reach 150 MPH. Heck, a Camry makes that much power these days. The Veyron needs everything else it has to continue to 250. And that's with the caveat that the tires will eat themselves within 10 minutes.

Plus you need a couple miles of clear runway to hit that speed - rarely available on a public road.

Either this guy had a fully loaded 1000 HP+ drag special or we're dealing with cop math.
              Yeah the fastest on record was a Koeningsegg at 242 mph and that's a specifically designed supercar. I don't think the aero package on a 2011 Mustang will hit 200.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I thought the same, but it doesn't say if the vehicle has been altered in some fashion or another, of it he has a pre-tuned aftermarket package. Still, the numbers trooper's numbers can't be off by that much.
                Did this young fellow have his "pony" sniffing a little NOx pray tell?
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The trooper needs to not go all "Rosco P. Coltrane" and not bump the "English / Metric" button in the future.

208 Km/Hr is about 129 mph ... not that I'd know ... < whistling > ...
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Did this young fellow have his "pony" sniffing a little NOx pray tell?
                    That's my thought, although his engine and tires are likely shot because of that.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Cars: 2015

So you've never driven I-29 (Fargo to SD border) ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Formula 1 cars are currently producing 900 - 1000 BHP. At the Mexican F1 race a few weeks ago, a F1 car reached 230 mph for the first time ever. Granted, these are road course cars so it does require a significant straight to reach this speed before having to brake. These cars also have sophisticated aerodynamics to keep them on the track.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

It may hard but it's not impossible. I don't know what the car was. But you give me the money I'll make a 2011 Mustang go over 200. It won't sustain that speed for a long time but it will do it.

Comment

It may hard but it's not impossible. I don't know what the car was. But you give me the money I'll make a 2011 Mustang go over 200. It won't sustain that speed for a long time but it will do it.
                            Why are the words "JATO rocket" and "Darwin Award" in my head right now?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              Why are the words "JATO rocket" and "Darwin Award" in my head right now?
                              Its called American muscle,, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0fOPDXo4Tg

Lots of guys building stuff all over the place. Sometimes it blows up, sometimes it doesn't . You better be sure its going to handle well at those speeds or I agree Darwin award.

Comment

Its called American muscle.
                                Did I mention that I have access to both a Challenger Hellcat and a Charger Hellcat.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X