Cars: 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cars: 2015

Saw a cherry red Acura NSX on my way home from work. Still beautiful cars.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Saw a cherry red Acura NSX on my way home from work. Still beautiful cars.
      I'll take 12.

One of those in very good/excellent condition is worth a legit six figures now.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        I'll take 12.

One of those in very good/excellent condition is worth a legit six figures now.
        There are at least two in my area. The local brewery's taproom manager saw a black one, all tricked out, took some pics (saw it in a parking lot). Both of these have looked pristine.

I was waiting for the signal on an on-ramp to a highway, NSX next to me. I knew better. Signals turned off as we were both in the queue, he let me go first, then blew by me on the highway like I was nothing, as expected. I think he knew I wasn't gonna try; I was just admiring his ride.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I've seen those same NSXs. Awesome cars.

Someone at work drove their 61 vette in today. Definitely not great condition, but good condition. Car has such a beautiful stance. Nice to look at.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

The NSX is just so sleek. Subtle, not gaudy, just.......nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              The NSX is just so sleek. Subtle, not gaudy, just.......nice.
              Designed to compete with the Ferraris of the day, with the added bonus of being a Honda (Acura) and thus not breaking down every 30 miles. F1 legend Ayrton Senna helped develop the chassis.

I've mentioned before that most of my "attainable" dream cars I can shoot down for one reason or another. The NSX is one that passes all the tests. Now if I can find one without the price jacked through the roof...
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Designed to compete with the Ferraris of the day, with the added bonus of being a Honda (Acura) and thus not breaking down every 30 miles. F1 legend Ayrton Senna helped develop the chassis.

I've mentioned before that most of my "attainable" dream cars I can shoot down for one reason or another. The NSX is one that passes all the tests. Now if I can find one without the price jacked through the roof...
                I quick googled the 2018s, and it starts at 150K.

Comment

The new ones aren't nearly as great as the early 90's. Lost all the charm. Can't make up its mind on what it is or wants to be.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

And on this note, I think this is a good time to introduce you all to Regular Car Reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6FDPS-78WU

Comment

#8 is a classic

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/lis...ed-car-names#1
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

It’ll be interesting to watch the classic car market on things like the NSX and Skyline GTR in 10-15 years.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Starting to have impure thoughts about upgrading to the new Miata. 25 HP increase incoming for 2019. They're saying 0-60 in the upper 5 second range, low 14's in the quarter mile, and 60 mph in second gear. That's downright respectable, Miata or not.

Only problem is the $30K range for a Miata is kinda ehhhh, but it passes all my "attainable car" tests - fun, reliable, cheap to fix, can see out of it, can drive it every day on normal person roads without worrying about breaking something.

Comment

Ford Mustang serial number 1.
                            https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...rth/956784002/
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Just what the world needs: the Rolls-Royce SUV.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/13/phot...first-suv.html
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The wife and I started looking into small trucks - Chevy Colorado, Toyota Tacoma, etc.. I want to wait to see what this new Ford Ranger has to offer before making a decision. Yes, we have a solid 14 months before any decisions will be made. Right now, the Colorado looks to be the front runner as the Toyota wants to be a toy truck for off-road use while we're more interested in being able to some light hauling while fixing the home or replacing appliances.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X