Cars: 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cars: 2015

There's a 1953 Austin Healey 100-4 on sale at e bay right now. asking 24k. and in need of pretty much everything. still would be cool to own one.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

So apparently when you're an adult. Dealerships will let you test drive a car for the whole weekend.

Getting ready to get rid of the money pit (2008 Mini Cooper - manual). Weekend testing a 2018 Civic Hatchback -manual. Test drove a Crosstrek yesterday and was really disappointed.

Comment

Circling back to the VW/Audi/Porsche diesel emissions thing.

Had my '14 VW Touareg TDI in for the fix this past week. So far, so good. Doesn't seem to have a noticeable decrease in performance (I'm sure there's SOME, obviously), slightly higher shift points, maybe a slight decrease in mpg, though I'm only about 15% into this tank.

Plus, I received my free money. A cool $77xx, hard for me to complain much about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
          So apparently when you're an adult. Dealerships will let you test drive a car for the whole weekend.

Getting ready to get rid of the money pit (2008 Mini Cooper - manual). Weekend testing a 2018 Civic Hatchback -manual. Test drove a Crosstrek yesterday and was really disappointed.
          The civic hatch is pretty fun, I like it. I preferred the Mazda 3 hatch, though, so I got one of those instead last summer. Fun little car to run through the gears in.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            The civic hatch is pretty fun, I like it. I preferred the Mazda 3 hatch, though, so I got one of those instead last summer. Fun little car to run through the gears in.
            I liked the 3 Hatch, but waa a little worried about longevity. Hondas (all the ones in my family) have lasted quite some time and I'm looking to hold onto this purchase for around 10 years (fingers crossed). I love hatchbacks and am getting snotty in my old age about driving a stick shift.

ETA- What did you like about the Mazda?
            Last edited by bostonewe; 04-14-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post

Look at Toyotas
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Look at Toyotas
                I drove the Corolla IM (the hatchback). I liked the drive of the Civic a little better. Toyotas are the cars I grew up with and I agree they last forever too.

Comment

I drove the Corolla IM (the hatchback). I liked the drive of the Civic a little better. Toyotas are the cars I grew up with and I agree they last forever too.
                  Hondas don't anymore which is why I suggested Toyota. Hondas rep has taken a hit, still a good car but not like they used to be.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The dealership I bought my car from had a 200 mile no questions asked return policy. Didn't test drive it. Told them, I'll drive it home (45 minute drive, good mix of highway/city) and if I didn't like it, I'd drive it back. They laughed but were impressed I did my research on such a thing.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                      ETA- What did you like about the Mazda?
                      Again, I like the Honda, I just liked most things a tiny bit better on the 3. First, the 2.5 naturally aspirated engine. Turbos are fun, but I've had bad luck. I liked the feel of the gearbox more as well. Very notchy, which I enjoy. Lastly, the styling, both interior and exterior. Mazda really upped the quality in their interiors that last few years. Got rid of a lot of that piano-gloss plastic that was everywhere. As for the exterior, I just like the clean and simple lines. I feel the new civic is over-styled.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Reports of an unofficial nerds-with-stopwatches Nurburgring time for the 2019 Corvette ZR1 at 7:12.

If that's legit, that's no bueno considering they were shooting for Porsche and Lambo in sub-7 land. That's barely faster than the Z06 and the Camaro ZL1.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          Reports of an unofficial nerds-with-stopwatches Nurburgring time for the 2019 Corvette ZR1 at 7:12.

If that's legit, that's no bueno considering they were shooting for Porsche and Lambo in sub-7 land. That's barely faster than the Z06 and the Camaro ZL1.
                          Driver error(s)?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Sub 7:15 is still pretty hallowed ground for production. Especially production under $200k. I looked it up and only the ACR has fast times for an American production car.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Driver error(s)?
                              Or he got stuck behind slower traffic, or bad weather.

Wasn't that much faster than its buddies around VIR either despite setting the record (apparently they brought a Z06 too and got it within about 2.5 seconds of the ZR1.)

We're pretty much at the limit of what this configuration can do. 755 hp doesn't mean much if you can't effectively use it.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

And then Porsche casually strolls up with the new GT3 RS and drops a 6:56. Christ on a bike. That's faster than the 918 Spyder which isn't even five years old yet. We are in a golden age of speed.

Apparently parts of the Ring got repaved - probably helping everyone's time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65jW-FVAd2o

Comment

Working...
                                X