Cars: 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cars: 2015

Mine is a touring. I can't remember the exact tires I have, I'll post that when I do. They are great in the dry and wet, but bad on snow. They are all-seasons if it never snows more than a couple inches at a time.

And I apologize for the confusion i must have caused earlier, when I said "shoes" I meant tires. The brakes are fine, very linear. They have somehow made braking fun.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Mine is a touring. I can't remember the exact tires I have, I'll post that when I do. They are great in the dry and wet, but bad on snow. They are all-seasons if it never snows more than a couple inches at a time.

And I apologize for the confusion i must have caused earlier, when I said "shoes" I meant tires. The brakes are fine, very linear. They have somehow made braking fun.
      gotcha. but you are not making this decision easier.

Comment

They are Dunlop SP Sport 5000. Technically all-seasons, but the traction just isn't great in snow on lighter vehicles, IMO. Fantastic grip on dry roads, they don't even chirp in parking ramps. You can see a very clear pattern on review websites. People giving them a 4 or 5 live in the south, people that live up here give them a 2 or 3.

I've had two Mazda 3's, this one and a 2005. The 2005 was a good winter car with winter tires.

Comment

The good old days.(coupla f-bombs so put your headphones on in work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAPRjf68Q2U
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
            The good old days.(coupla f-bombs so put your headphones on in work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAPRjf68Q2U
            You arent very old if you think those are the good old days.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

During my vacation this past week, there was a local car show in one of the towns (Copper Harbor, MI). They shut down part of the main drag, and the cars leave town in one big line, drive some sort of loop around the area, and come back into town and park in the closed-off part. Not kidding, that line of cars driving was 15-20 minutes long. EVERYthing from hot-rods to an old-school ambulance (like you saw in the Looney Toons days) to muscle cars. It was friggin' awesome.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Signed the Subaru deal on Friday (halfway between the TrueCar price and KBB "fair deal" price, so not bad), picked it up Saturday. Enjoying it so far. All in all, not that painful. My salesman was not a greasy, lying slimeball like the last one I had.

soooo much new technology since my last car purchase. I am getting the hang of Apple CarPlay, since my GPS died. Not sure if I can listen to music while running navigation, though... so may be in the market for a new GPS.

Also, I had Best Buy install a stereo in my last car - they will re-install your factory stereo for free when you get rid of the car. So I did that on Saturday, listed it on eBay, and by 10 pm, sold it (plus the steering wheel interface) for $130.
                Last edited by jen; 07-25-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I've had 5 different CVTs in the garage so far (Outbacks, one Crosstrek). Nary a whisper from any.
                  Admittedly, I buy a Subaru, run it to about factory warranty mileage in 15-18 months, and trade.

My biggest knock?
                  I wish parts of the option package from my last Outback was available on the Crosstrek: better GPS; better winter package (heated rear seats); better seat adjustments.
                  That said, the base radio/entertainment package on the Crosstrek (option group 23) is better.
                  Functional to drive: Outback.
                  Fun to drive: Crosstrek.

All that said, when my dealer had a WRX STI Type RA in the room recently ... < sigh >.
                  It was spoiled when another Subi fan clued me in that the perf really isn't that much better than a standard WRX STI (but you pay nearly $13k more).
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

New production 'Ring champion: Lamborghini's Aventador SVJ turns in a 6:44.97.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRsq35Et-EY
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Wow. Most impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

It would take 6 hrs 44.97 minutes for the same car to circumnavigate the DC beltway during rush hour.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So apparently I can't use my iPod AND use Apple CarPlay (even though there's 2 USB ports). I can listen to the radio or music on my phone (but I don't keep music on my phone). However, I managed to replace the battery on my GPS, so it's all good. I am still astounded that it came back on after I put it back together, much less with full battery power.

Comment

Good gravy that’s fast
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

just noticed this area of the USCHO board....that said any info on a International Harvester Scout 2 would be nice ,gonna pick 1 up in the next yr or so...

Comment

I think bbdl might have some info

Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X