Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Cars: 2015

Re: Cars: 2015

110,000 miles on mine, not a hint of an issue.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

wubba lubba dub dub

Ram trucks were the notable outlier (just the Ram line, not the Jeeps). Ram 1500s were the only FCA vehicle they make that landed in the top 10.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Ram trucks were the notable outlier (just the Ram line, not the Jeeps). Ram 1500s were the only FCA vehicle they make that landed in the top 10.
    Guess I made the right choice. My truck has been great.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

My Forester is in the shop since some dumbass Ran into me a few weeks ago. Have a VW Tiguan as rental and really like it. Drives very nicely - too bad I wonít ever consider buying a VW again

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Wranglers are NOT reliable. Jeep has one of the worst reliability ratings out there. The numbers just donít agree with you.

Camrys are reliable. Civics are reliable. Jeeps and most other American cars arenít even in the same league.
    The older Jeeps (with the AMC engine/parts) are rock solid. Every third vehicle at Tech was an 80's/90's Cherokee for a reason.

After Chrysler took over...yeah, not so much.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy.

Capt

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    My Forester is in the shop since some dumbass Ran into me a few weeks ago. Have a VW Tiguan as rental and really like it. Drives very nicely - too bad I wonít ever consider buying a VW again
    Had a VW Tiguan back in 2011-2013. Really loved it, but upgraded to the Touareg. Never had any issues with either, apart from this dieselgate thing with the Touareg, but I've been satisfied with the emissions fix since I had it done in the spring.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    8 of the 10 cars on Consumer Reports' least reliable vehicles are made by Fiat Chrysler.
    You dont need consumer reports to know Fiats are junk

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    "I'd rather have one of these cars that *we* made *together,* by hand. Your guys and my guys, together. You know why? Because those cars stand for something. Those cars stand for something pretty great. I'm proud of those cars. I'm taking one.

Gentlemen, I'm going home in my new car!"

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Fix It Again, Tony.

And my Wrangler was awesome. Had it 15 years (it was 2 years old when I bought it). Very little issues. The rest of the Jeep line is indeed crap.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Lucia Apologist

Outside of the last two years, Wranglers have scored average or worse every year since 2000.

3 - 2000
    NA
    NA
    NA
    NA - 2018

Consider yourself lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Outside of the last two years, Wranglers have scored average or worse every year since 2000.

3 - 2000
    NA
    NA
    NA
    NA - 2018

Consider yourself lucky.
    Don't how far back that goes, but mine was a 1999. Heck, it still had the stock cassette player in there.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

He fixes the cable?

The new Mazda 3 was unveiled in LA this week. Very minimalist styling, I'm betting people will love it or hate it, or of course not care.

More of note is that the top trims will have the new Skyactiv-X engine. It incredibly lay terms it combines the technology of standard gas and diesel engines. Uses ultra-high compression and ridiculously complicated timing. Compared to their 2.0 and 2.5 naturally aspirated 4-bangers, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    The new Mazda 3 was unveiled in LA this week. Very minimalist styling, I'm betting people will love it or hate it, or of course not care.

More of note is that the top trims will have the new Skyactiv-X engine. It incredibly lay terms it combines the technology of standard gas and diesel engines. Uses ultra-high compression and ridiculously complicated timing. Compared to their 2.0 and 2.5 naturally aspirated 4-bangers, anyway.
    The problem I have with the high compression stuff is that it requires higher octane fuel. That's not always available in CO - 85 is considered "regular" and even 91 can be tough to come by (my local station calls 89 "premium.")

Granted, the thinner air at altitude means you can run the lower octane stuff on average cars, but I wouldn't be comfortable putting 89 in something that calls for 91 minimum.

Then again, I see Nissan GT-Rs around here which are infamous for getting fussy if you feed it anything less than 92, so I dunno.
    Last edited by Twitch Boy; 11-30-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Saw a Kia Stinger in traffic yesterday.

That look keeps growing on me - very Tesla-esque. Looks like if Samsung made a car (makes sense, I suppose.)

With sporty sedans going out of vogue in favor of Moar Bland AWD Crossovers With Decent Seating And Cargo Room I bet I could get a smokin' deal.
    According to Wiki, the Stinger is made in Kalingrad as well as South Korea. Does this make it the car of choice for Republicans?

The problem I have with the high compression stuff is that it requires higher octane fuel. That's not always available in CO - 85 is considered "regular" and even 91 can be tough to come by (my local station calls 89 "premium.")

Granted, the thinner air at altitude means you can run the lower octane stuff on average cars, but I wouldn't be comfortable putting 89 in something that calls for 91 minimum.

Then again, I see Nissan GT-Rs around here which are infamous for getting fussy if you feed it anything less than 92, so I dunno.
    This engine, that SoH mentioned should not have the same low-octane issues as standard spark ignition engines. The lower octane fuel will auto-ignite at lower pressures, which is why it normally should not be used in high CR engines. But in a compression ignition engine, you want the fuel to auto-ignite due to high pressures. Theoretically, lower octane fuels would be better than high octane for this engine, but in reality, that completely depends on the design targets the engineers at Mazda used when developing this engine.

RIP - Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    This engine, that SoH mentioned should not have the same low-octane issues as standard spark ignition engines. The lower octane fuel will auto-ignite at lower pressures, which is why it normally should not be used in high CR engines. But in a compression ignition engine, you want the fuel to auto-ignite due to high pressures. Theoretically, lower octane fuels would be better than high octane for this engine, but in reality, that completely depends on the design targets the engineers at Mazda used when developing this engine.
    Check out the big brain on Brad! You a smart mother f*er! /PulpFiction

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Check out the big brain on Brad! You a smart mother f*er! /PulpFiction
    Hey, cut me a break, I'm a Civil. :P

Hey, cut me a break, I'm a Civil. :P
    Well, I have been a engine combustion/performance/emissions focused engineer for many years. The internal workings and performance of internal combustion engines is something I'm very familiar with.

RIP - Kirby

He fixes the cable?

Mazda has been working on this a looooooong time. Pretty much right when the Skyactiv motors were coming out. They made a calculated decision to put it out in the 3 first. While I sells well, they only have about 2% of the global market in the class. No way they were throwing it into the CX-5 or CX-9 first. Also why they went ahead and really took a leap styling-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Mazda has been working on this a looooooong time. Pretty much right when the Skyactiv motors were coming out. They made a calculated decision to put it out in the 3 first. While I sells well, they only have about 2% of the global market in the class. No way they were throwing it into the CX-5 or CX-9 first. Also why they went ahead and really took a leap styling-wise.
    Was looking at the '19 Miata (which has/will have the older Skyactiv) and was curious about the 91 octane preference.

Thread Information