This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>>>>>> RIT Tigers 2015-16 Regular season thread. On the prowl again

And for the first time in the season series, one team has reached four goals in a game. The three previous games all ended 3-2.

Powers &8^]

Comment

As long as Short keeps winning there's no need to rush back Rotolo. Great to get #4pts this weekend
      RIT

Comment

• Good effort by the team tonight, especially after the third Bentley goal, they really turned it on
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
          As long as Short keeps winning there's no need to rush back Rotolo. Great to get #4pts this weekend
          Rotolo dressed and was stretching before the start of each period so I think here probably close to ready
          RIT Tigers

Comment

In other news, I was in the Potsdam McDonald's during noon time today. I noticed how crowded it was in there as it appeared to be a team ordering food. I couldn't help but notice that it was your men's basketball team ordering their pre-game meal. A very well behaved group of young men and very respectful. They represent your school very well, but alas the Big Mac's weren't enough as the St.Lawrence team defeated them.
            LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
              I think a lot of us are quieter this year than in prior years. That, or some posters have moved on.
              I'm still here.. just more quiet and reading more

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
                I'm still here.. just more quiet and reading more
                Ditto!
                RIT Tigers
                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                  Rotolo dressed and was stretching before the start of each period so I think here probably close to ready
                  Rotolo made the trip but didn't dress either game.

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                    Short is doing well enough to win. I think Rotolo is the better goalie though.
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

The last 3 weekends have reinforced in me two opinions.

1) This young team is a year away from being able to dominate the league.
                      2) That being said this team is definitely one of the top 3 teams in this league and capable of winning the league regular season and tournament titles.
                      Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                      The Mule
                      Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
                        Rotolo made the trip but didn't dress either game.
                        My vision is worse than I thought then!
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

I'd say as long as the offense keeps averaging 3.56 goals per game, there's no need to rush back Rotolo. The goals have been coming so far in 2016 and if they keep it up, this team will go deep into March when Rotolo is back.

RIT Hockey FB Group
                          Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                            In other news, I was in the Potsdam McDonald's during noon time today. I noticed how crowded it was in there as it appeared to be a team ordering food. I couldn't help but notice that it was your men's basketball team ordering their pre-game meal. A very well behaved group of young men and very respectful. They represent your school very well, but alas the Big Mac's weren't enough as the St.Lawrence team defeated them.
                            If you're eating McDonald's before a game, I'd expect nothing less than losing lol! I know they're D3, but I'd hope the strength & conditioning coaches and trainers wouldn't allow Big Macs before a game.

RIT Hockey FB Group
                            Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
                              If you're eating McDonald's before a game, I'd expect nothing less than losing lol! I know they're D3, but I'd hope the strength & conditioning coaches and trainers wouldn't allow Big Macs before a game.
                              Well... when you get near St. Patrick's Day there is nothing like filling up on a McDonald's Shamrock Shake before running up and down the court...

Nothing wrong with a Big Mac on the ride home after the game though (in moderation of course)...
                              RPI Engineers
                              RIT Tigers
                              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

These forums are deaddddddddddddd this year for RIT fans, wow.

Obligatory "yay we won" post.
                                Maybe I can help get some more discussion going.

I made the trip out to Bentley for this past weekend's games... Overall, great effort. Getting a sweep on the road against ANY team is huge... And to get that against the team that swept us at home earlier in the season is even bigger. Here are a few things on my mind...

Things I liked:
                                - Better scoring opportunities. We've been getting a lot of shots on goal for most of the year, but I felt the majority of them were low-percentage shots. Of course it's fine to throw the puck at the net occasionally. You might get lucky or end up with a juicy rebound... But it was too much for me. If you run into a great/hot goalie, that just won't get the job done. But now they seem to be finding better opportunities. I hope that continues.
                                - Winning physical battles. I don't think they were as good as they usually are when it comes to winning the battles along the boards, but it was still solid overall. You have to ignore the 1st period on Saturday, though. They were dominated physically for most of the 1st period and were lucky to escape only down 1-0.
                                - Speaking of the 1st period on Saturday, it was great to see them bounce back in the 2nd. I don't know what Coach Wilson said in the locker room during the 1st intermission, but it worked. They were fired up and looked determined.

Things I didn't like:
                                - Christian Short's performance overall. I think he still has a lot to work on... He has the size. He has the quick glove... But he loses track of the puck too often (and panics in the process), takes too long playing the puck behind the goal, he's slow recovering laterally, and he let in another squeaker on the short-side. These are all things that he can work on as he gets more games under his belt. As long as he can learn those lessons while we still win games, I'm all for it.
                                - The team is struggling to get out of their defensive zone. This has been a problem all year and every team has picked up on it. All of our opponents are playing a strong forecheck because they know we struggle getting the puck up ice. The defencemen are too slow making decisions and the forwards aren't doing enough to give them good options. This usually results in turnovers in our own zone or long passes that turn into either dump-and-chase plays in the other end or an icing.

With all that being said, they are definitely playing their best hockey right now. If they keep improving, they could make some noise this year... And the future looks bright as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X