X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>>>>>> RIT Tigers 2015-16 Regular season thread. On the prowl again

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    You could link the interview! =) I hope that wasn't the most interesting thing in the interview!

Powers &8^]
    An egregious oversight, I apologize!

http://drurhead00979084.podomatic.co...08_39_56-07_00
    RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

The women's schedule has been posted - http://www.ritathletics.com/schedule...399&path=whock

4 interesting things I saw:
      1) They are home Brick City weekend, facing Union at the GPC at 2:05 on Friday and 12:05 Saturday.
      2) They are playing Penn State on a Thursday night in October (10/27) at Ritter Arena. I wonder if there is a logistical reason for this, or if it's "just because."
      3) All of their home night games begin at 6:05pm, instead of 7:05pm like they used to. I wonder if this is to appeal to families with children more? I don't expect we'd see the same on the men's side, as the league begins games at 7/7:05 generally.
      4) The CHA switched to a single weekend, 3 day playoff instead of having the 4 lowest seeds play a best of 3 before the single elimination semi's and final.

Edit, re: point 3 above - this could also be because they typically play at 2:05 the next day, so the players would get an extra hour of "rest" between games.
      Last edited by mar7967; 06-07-2016, 10:52 AM.
      Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
      College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
      Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
      Men's Frozen Four 2010
      Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
      Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
        The women's schedule has been posted - http://www.ritathletics.com/schedule...399&path=whock

1 interesting things I saw:

2) They are playing Penn State on a Thursday night in October (10/27) at Ritter Arena. I wonder if there is a logistical reason for this, or if it's "just because."
        I suspect the men's team will be playing two at home that weekend after the previous weekend on the road.

Anybody got data on if the Woman's schedule always comes out first and if so, what's the gap to when the Men's schedule was released?
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          I suspect the men's team will be playing two at home that weekend after the previous weekend on the road.

Anybody got data on if the Woman's schedule always comes out first and if so, what's the gap to when the Men's schedule was released?
          The interesting thing is the women's schedule hasn't had an article about the schedule released yet, like they typically do. I just found the schedule page was up.

And of course I do I have a list of when the Women's schedule normally comes out!

Women's schedule release dates since going D-1:
          2012-2013: 5/29 (Men: 5/22)
          2013-2014: 6/11 (Men: 6/10)
          2014-2015: 5/30 (Men: 5/29)
          2015-2016: 6/24 (Men: 6/23)

So, the men are generally just before the women. I asked on twitter last week, and they "Very soon. Ideally, early next week."

And as I am typing, they just tweeted "Getting closer to announcing the 2016-17 schedule. A few last minute changes are close to being finalized! Who's excited?"
          https://twitter.com/RITMHKY/status/740232460298919936

RIT Tigers
          Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Schedule Watch, Day 1

Anybody else notice that RIT doesn't show up on any of the currently released schedules of other teams?
            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
              Schedule Watch, Day 1

Anybody else notice that RIT doesn't show up on any of the currently released schedules of other teams?
              Not sure what you mean...There are a few:
              Union, 10/21: http://www.unionathletics.com/schedu...?path=mhockey&
              RPI, 10/22: http://www.rpiathletics.com/schedule...70&path=hockey
              Bowling Green, 12/30: http://www.bgsufalcons.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

We know UConn is Brick City Weekend, most likely 10/15. The only other two OOC games are hosting Providence for 2, except we don't know when that is.

No other Atlantic Hockey school has released a schedule yet.

RIT Tigers
              Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

7 new freshmen announced: http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...n-2016-17.aspx

Also, this mentions the exhibition against Brock on 10/1.

RIT Tigers
                Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

This is troubling. I thought we had a goalie coming in to replace MacLean (who would have used his last year of eligibility last season). We're not going with Amato as third-string again, are we?

On the bright side, we're continuing the trend of stocking up on skaters so we don't end up with short benches. If everyone returns, we'll have nine defensemen (5 returners, 4 freshmen) and 14 forwards (11 returners, 3 freshmen). That's a little slim on the forwards but an embarrassment of riches on defense. Thus, my prediction: Alex Perron-Fontaine will skate as a forward next season.

Powers &8^]
                  Last edited by LtPowers; 06-08-2016, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Not sure what you mean...There are a few:
                    Union, 10/21: http://www.unionathletics.com/schedu...?path=mhockey&
                    RPI, 10/22: http://www.rpiathletics.com/schedule...70&path=hockey
                    Bowling Green, 12/30: http://www.bgsufalcons.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

We know UConn is Brick City Weekend, most likely 10/15. The only other two OOC games are hosting Providence for 2, except we don't know when that is.

No other Atlantic Hockey school has released a schedule yet.
                    You're right, I was expecting more OOC games but there are six already so we're just waiting on the AHC foes and 1 Canadian team exhibition.
                    RIT Tigers

Comment

This is troubling. I thought we had a goalie coming in to replace MacLean (who would have used his last year of eligibility last season). We're not going with Amato as third-string again, are we?

On the bright side, we're continuing the trend of stocking up on skaters so we don't end up with short benches. If everyone returns, we'll have nine defensemen (5 returners, 4 freshmen) and 14 forwards (11 returners, 3 freshmen). That's a little slim on the forwards but an embarrassment of riches on defense. Thus, my prediction: Alex Perron-Fontaine will skate as a forward next season.

Powers &8^]
                      I would expect that we'll see Perron-Fontaine stick at forward filling the spot that opened when Golberg departed. This looks like one of the deepest recruiting classes the Tigers have had. Really loading up on the blueline fire-power in Brubaker and Valette. During the season Brubaker was said to have the hardest shot in the BCHL, and was traded for in order to boost the Powell River power play.

The forwards look pretty good as well, with Cameron probably being the stud of the group. He was named to the CJHL east All-star team, with the CJHL being the umbrella over all of the junior leagues in Canada.

The lack of goalie also surprised me. I guess they figure this year won't have the injury issues they had last year. Sure hope they're right.
                      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                      NCAA DII - 1983
                      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

One notable omission from the list of freshmen is center Reed Delainey. (All of our freshmen forwards are right wingers according to Heisenberg.) He announced a commitment to RIT over a year ago: http://www.newsoptimist.ca/sports/lo...ason-1.1707693

A Google search doesn't show any change in his choice of college, so maybe we're just holding him back a second year. He's still listed on Heisenberg's 2017 list for RIT.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                          I guess they figure this year won't have the injury issues they had last year. Sure hope they're right.
                          It's playing with fire a bit, too, because it means Short will be our only experienced goalie in 2017-18.

Powers &8^]

Comment

One notable omission from the list of freshmen is center Reed Delainey. (All of our freshmen forwards are right wingers according to Heisenberg.) He announced a commitment to RIT over a year ago: http://www.newsoptimist.ca/sports/lo...ason-1.1707693

A Google search doesn't show any change in his choice of college, so maybe we're just holding him back a second year. He's still listed on Heisenberg's 2017 list for RIT.

Powers &8^]
                            Delainey is listed on http://collegecommitments.com as part of the 17-18 class:

F Reed Delainey (Battlefords(SJHL)), (DOB-1997) - missed portions of last two season due to injury.
                            F Austin Wright (Brooks(AJHL)), (DOB-1996)
                            D Daniel Willet (Madison(USHL)), (DOB-1996)
                            D Regan Seiferling (Yorkton(SJHL)), (DOB-1997)
                            F William Caverly (North York(OJHL)), (DOB-1998) - possible '18-'19
                            John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                            AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                            AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                            NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                            NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                            NCAA DII - 1983
                            NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

My understanding on Delainey was that he is coming in next year, never spotted that error on Heisenberg's list. As far as I know no other Goaltender was on the radar. Wayne is probably going to stick with Amato kind of have too after what he did last season. Wilson has always been loyal to his players, maybe even to a fault. So I would not expect to see a goaltender till one of the current ones leave...
                              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                              The Mule
                              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                                My understanding on Delainey was that he is coming in next year, never spotted that error on Heisenberg's list.
                                Well the article on Delainey's commitment said 16-17, but maybe his injuries set that back.

As far as I know no other Goaltender was on the radar. Wayne is probably going to stick with Amato kind of have too after what he did last season. Wilson has always been loyal to his players, maybe even to a fault. So I would not expect to see a goaltender till one of the current ones leave...
                                That makes sense; I'm just surprised he didn't have one already scheduled to come in for 16-17, the year after MacLean was going to graduate.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X