X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>>>>>> RIT Tigers 2015-16 Regular season thread. On the prowl again

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
    Let's just hope we don't have one of those 9 PP's to 1 games on Saturday that always seem to spring up after a Friday night win at Air Force if we do win tonight.
    Not much has ever "always seemed to spring up" after Friday night wins at Air Force. I don't think the Tigers have had very many of those, ever.
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Oh boy...

As found by dpm105:

"RIT goalie Christian Short is day-to-day with a lower body injury. Mike Rotolo's status remains uncertain this weekend."

https://***********/GeneBattaglia/st...66022167031808
      Last edited by mar7967; 02-11-2016, 01:47 PM.
      Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
      College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
      Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
      Men's Frozen Four 2010
      Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
      Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
        Oh boy...

As found by dpm105:

"RIT goalie Christian Short is day-to-day with a lower body injury. Mike Rotolo's status remains uncertain this weekend."

https://***********/GeneBattaglia/st...66022167031808
        Awesome, Great chance to get the 3rd string goalie some game time. ;-(

Hopefully Short or Rotolo will be able to answer the bell this weekend. I guess it doesn't really matter. If Amato plays, or a less than healthy Short/Rotolo, the guys in front of them are going to have to tighten things up and protect them.

Oh, by the way, can I change my picks for this weekend? Just kidding.....
        John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
        AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
        AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
        NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
        NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
        NCAA DII - 1983
        NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Yeah if Amato has to start this weekend that is probably a bad time. He's not necessarily a bad goalie but he's not a D1 goalie and AIC is not the completely anemic team they once were..
          RIT

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
            Awesome, Great chance to get the 3rd string goalie some game time. ;-(

Hopefully Short or Rotolo will be able to answer the bell this weekend. I guess it doesn't really matter. If Amato plays, or a less than healthy Short/Rotolo, the guys in front of them are going to have to tighten things up and protect them.

Oh, by the way, can I change my picks for this weekend? Just kidding.....
            I'll take our third string vs your third string! Ours made 45 saves vs Princeton!

Comment

I've been interested in seeing Amato play all year - and if there's any game to put him into, it's this one. AIC is last in team offense and last in team defense, allowing 3.74 goals a game. Given RIT's 2nd place team offense (3.27/game), I'd say put Amato in. He'll be fired up to "prove" himself DI-worthy and to even have the chance.

I'm not sold on Short by any means. He's progressed well, he's got a good future here. But I want to see Amato play tonight if Short is indeed hurt.

RIT Hockey FB Group
              Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
                I've been interested in seeing Amato play all year - and if there's any game to put him into, it's this one. AIC is last in team offense and last in team defense, allowing 3.74 goals a game. Given RIT's 2nd place team offense (3.27/game), I'd say put Amato in. He'll be fired up to "prove" himself DI-worthy and to even have the chance.

I'm not sold on Short by any means. He's progressed well, he's got a good future here. But I want to see Amato play tonight if Short is indeed hurt.
                According to yesterdays radio interview, Wilson said Amato will be in net Friday. He also said Short is day-to-day, while Rotolo is still week-to-week.

I'm looking forward to see how the rest of the team rallies to give Amato the support so that he can succeed.
                John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                NCAA DII - 1983
                NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

A glowing article on Chris Tanev and how he only has 4 PIM in 50 games!

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/h...216/story.html
                  RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

It is never a good time to have your top two goaltenders go down, but if it had to go through it at least it happening when you playing the bottom two teams in your league. I looked at this weekend as a must sweep if the Tigers want a chance at a regular season title. Anything less than 2 points really opens the door to possible following lower than 5th. As great as a guy Amato is and the nice story that comes with him, you got to consider him a big unknown in nets tonight. AIC will probably throw everything at the net to see if he panics...
                    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule
                    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                      I'll take our third string vs your third string! Ours made 45 saves vs Princeton!
                      Good showing by your goalie....not so much by your defense!
                      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Well per Chris Lerch Amato is definitely in tonight: https://***********/chrislerch/statu...48819880914945

Not getting a sweep against AIC at home would be very bad, but this certainly makes that feel like a possibility. It's not that Amato is bad, it's that he was never meant to be a D1 goalie in the first place..
                        RIT

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
                          A glowing article on Chris Tanev and how he only has 4 PIM in 50 games!

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/h...216/story.html
                          It's great to see Tanev being so successful for Vancouver. He has played almost 300 NHL games and has a total of 36 PIM. That's really impressive stuff. He definitely has hockey smarts. Every once in a while, when I need a pick-me-up, I watch/re-live his goal vs. Denver. It may have been an offensive play, but his ability to read that play as it happened is something you don't see very often.

And I really miss watching the Tanev/Ringwald pairing. So much fun to watch.

Comment

Wow, what an opportunity for Amato. Should be interesting to see him in net, and to see how the guys respond tonight.

For anybody who hasn't seen the SZ bit on him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CBDvg1Z0ls

Comment

It will be interesting to see if they get anyone for an emergency backup. (if that's even possible)
                              RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
                                It will be interesting to see if they get anyone for an emergency backup. (if that's even possible)
                                At this point I don't think it is, you can sneak a guy in during semester break, Niagara did it just this year. With the semester going I don't think you can unless there some rule I don't know about.

I wouldn't call it all doom and gloom with Amato tonight, he is an unknown. I think the coaching staff has to have some confidence in him otherwise they would never have asked him to come up from the club team...
                                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule
                                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Working...
                                X