X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>>>>>> RIT Tigers 2015-16 Regular season thread. On the prowl again

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
    Any word on Rotolo's injury status?
    I have not heard anything, but at this point it may not matter. Might have to run with Short until he stumbles...

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    Colleges need money??? Seriously? Ever hear of endowments? Ever hear of 40k - 60k+ per year in tuition costs at most private schools?
    If anyone needs money, it certainly isn't colleges.
    Why you dragged churches into your assertion is not clear, but I'm going to steer clear of that debate.
    I was saying the hockey program not the University...

The only assertion I was making about Churches and University is that they always are asking for more money... Lighten up it's a joke coming from a very committed Roman Catholic...

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
    I would argue that this freshman class is one of the best ever for RIT, and I think the GPC is part of it.
    That is something I've been arguing in my head for awhile now. I think anywhere else in the AHA you'd have a strong case. Because RIT's 2008 class was the gold standard to me.

Brenner
    Burt
    Haltigin
    Eckenswiller
    Knowls
    McReynolds
    Clark
    Cornachhia
    Spivak

Really all but one made big impact over their 4 years, the top two being studs.

Kerins and Valenzuela don't look like they are going to get near the 27 Goals and 64 points that Brenner and Burt got. But they also don't have a near 20 Goal scorer to play with (Sarazin), which helped their states, but one has to wonder that Sarazin only scored 20 Goals in 3 years without Burt and Brenner on his line. The middle of the class is definitely coming in higher in terms of production than the middle of the 08 class did. So at this point, I am leaning towards the 08 class was better, especially because of the top two (Two of the best players in DI Era), but this year class definitely is in the conversation and could make it even closer as time goes by.

The other thing to be excited about is that in addition to having a Sophomore as your current leading scorer you have a total of 4 Sophomores in the top 10 of scoring. This team is loaded going forward, and at this point of the season could be in first place if they can pull a sweep this weekend. Bar is always set high at RIT, this young Tiger team may push that bar up a notch or two....
    Last edited by Tom Naeger; 01-29-2016, 12:11 PM.
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
      That's correct. RIT and Union are the only teams in Division 1 that are prohibited from giving them.
      Union is not prohibited by anyone but themselves. They were playing D-I when the vote for grandfathering occurred. They not only choose not to participate, they also voted against the grandfathering for their fellow play-ups at the time. Nice, huh?
      Can't we all just get along?
      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
        Lighten up it's a joke coming from a very committed Roman Catholic...
        You're already committed? That explains a lot.
        Can't we all just get along?
        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

You're already committed? That explains a lot.
          And I was Institutionalized at RIT... How much more perfect can one guy be?

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

For those of you that might like to see old faces on the ice. The RIT Men's alumni game is this Saturday at 3:00 PM - 4:15 PM at the GPC. If you can't stop by for the game these faces should be in the stands this weekend.

Former RIT Players who I hear are going to be there include:

David Bagley
            Michael Belden
            Mike Bournazakis
            Peter Bournazakis
            Scott Brown
            Mike Colavecchia
            Mark Cornacchia
            James Cotie
            Darrell Draperl
            Trevor Eckenswiller
            Tristan Fairbarn
            Adam Hartley
            Justin Hofstetter
            Mike Janda
            McAllister King
            Scott Knowles
            Adam Mitchell
            Josh Myers
            Jesse Newman
            Chris Palmer
            Brent Patry
            Eliot Raib
            Brad Reid
            Dan Ringwald
            Dale Rivington
            Chris Saracino
            Brennan Sarazin
            Peter Schroeder
            Daniel Sellman
            Daniel Spivak
            Mike Tarantino
            Joseph Vicario
            Rick Walton
            Shawn Wilkins
            Leonard Williams

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule

Comment

Union is not prohibited by anyone but themselves. They were playing D-I when the vote for grandfathering occurred. They not only choose not to participate, they also voted against the grandfathering for their fellow play-ups at the time. Nice, huh?
              Actually, I believe they are prohibited. They went up too late.
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four participant
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                Actually, I believe they are prohibited. They went up too late.
                If I recall, as they were DI at the time, they were given to option to start offering scholarships but said no, and are now locked in.
                John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                NCAA DII - 1983
                NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                  For those of you that might like to see old faces on the ice. The RIT Men's alumni game is this Saturday at 3:00 PM - 4:15 PM at the GPC. If you can't stop by for the game these faces should be in the stands this weekend.

Former RIT Players who I hear are going to be there include:

Leonard Williams
                  Is there anyone on here (other than me) would actually saw Len Williams play as a Tiger?
                  John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                  AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                  AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                  NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                  NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                  NCAA DII - 1983
                  NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                    Is there anyone on here (other than me) would actually saw Len Williams play as a Tiger?
                    That's one of only a few names on the list I do not know. It's great how there a good mix of D3 and D1 players in there. I really think RIT should promote this a little, I really want to see this game and had plan too, than two friends scheduled birthday parties for their kids and my wife will not let go.....

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule

Comment

Valenzuela got cheated out of a goal in the fifth minute of the second period.

Powers &8^]

Comment

1. Great job to get a tie.

2. Short looked fantastic. It's amazing how game time can help a goalie develop. I'm very impressed.
                        RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Nice to get an outcome that wasn't a loss on a Friday at home, especially considering how close it was to being another loss! Definitely good to see them keep fighting and clawing their way back into it.

With only 22 shots, Short was not really tested and didn't have to make many big saves, but he looked good enough to win. I actually miss Perron-Fontaine in the lineup now
                          RIT

Comment

I thought the 4th line played real well early in the game. Great to see the team not give up when they are giving out shirts that say Tigers Never Quit.

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post

With only 22 shots, Short was not really tested and didn't have to make many big saves, but he looked good enough to win.
                              I disagree with suggesting Short didn't have to make many big saves. HC had a lot of grade-A scoring chances, including a breakaway.
                              RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Anyone know of other games where a team had 2 extra attacker goals to tie a game? I know it happened in the 2009 National Championship with Boston scoring 2 against Miami.

Comment

Working...
                                X