• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
    Thanks for posting
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Re: Providence College on the road to Tampa

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
      Nope Ellis to return over the board retweets an Andy Siverman tweet saying Ellis will return
      Yeah, about that...
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
        UML's Boyle was being scouted by Edmonton too but ultimately signed with Anaheim. Looks like Oilers moved on to Ellis after losing out on Boyle.
        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
          Signed. 2yrs @ $925K / $70K. $92,500 signing bonus for each year.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Signed. 2yrs @ $925K / $70K. $92,500 signing bonus for each year.
            Great move for Nick. So does PC move up Mollot-Hill to next season?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              Great move for Nick. So does PC move up Mollot-Hill to next season?
              It's an interesting situation

If you bring him in you more or less match Ellis's scholly
              You don't to get a viable backup you minimally need some of Ellis's scholly but the following year you potentially have 3 goalies on scholarship, more money then you want tied up in goalies and with the guys lined up a potential issue--Hawkey and his future replacement will fit into this puzzle too. You really don't want 3 goalies on scholarship at once. It killed Army when he had Gates Simpson and Beudry all at once
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                It's an interesting situation

If you bring him in you more or less match Ellis's scholly
                You don't to get a viable backup you minimally need some of Ellis's scholly but the following year you potentially have 3 goalies on scholarship, more money then you want tied up in goalies and with the guys lined up a potential issue--Hawkey and his future replacement will fit into this puzzle too. You really don't want 3 goalies on scholarship at once. It killed Army when he had Gates Simpson and Beudry all at once
                Where is the third goalie getting money? I would think they bring in a walk on as a third stringer again, did they have another commit besides Mollot Hill? Did I miss a goalie commit?

Plus these commits are only verbals until their sign LOI

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  Where is the third goalie getting money? I would think they bring in a walk on as a third stringer again, did they have another commit besides Mollot Hill? Did I miss a goalie commit?

Plus these commits are only verbals until their sign LOI
                  If you are suggesting a 2nd walk on beside Leahy for next year you are putting the full burden on Hawkey. That is a gamble (and one I might take to juice up the forwards). That is one option

This whole thing just got a bit more complicated Kyle Koopman just committed he will grad from Bershire in'17 not sure if he will come in fall '17 or '18 but that eats more scholly money
                  Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

If you are suggesting a 2nd walk on beside Leahy for next year you are putting the full burden on Hawkey. That is a gamble (and one I might take to juice up the forwards). That is one option

This whole thing just got a bit more complicated Kyle Koopman just committed he will grad from Bershire in'17 not sure if he will come in fall '17 or '18 but that eats more scholly money
                    Kyle Koopman (@Kylekoop4)
                    4/7/16, 8:32 PM
                    Proud to announce my commitment to play college hockey at Providence College. Thank you to everyone who helped me along the way #GoFriars
                    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

They are not going to carry three scholarship goalies..I think they take the Molloy-Hill kid now and see if Hawkey signs after next year. Could be a reverse Gillies situation with Northeastern

Comment

I meant 17-18 season. Defer Koopman for a year to the juniors as Hawkey likely shouldn't have a senior year? There is ways around it.

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                          Kyle Koopman (@Kylekoop4)
                          4/7/16, 8:32 PM
                          Proud to announce my commitment to play college hockey at Providence College. Thank you to everyone who helped me along the way #GoFriars
                          He appears to be a smallish (5'10" 170) defenseman and twin brother of Northeastern recruit Matt Koopman who is due to enroll in 2017. Kyle doesn't sound like a typical strapping PC D. I wonder what makes him attractive to Leaman and why NU didn't recruit him.

Sorry to hear about Ellis leaving (sort of). He was impressive. Looked like a bear guarding her cub when he was in goal. It's going to be hard to recognize the Friars next year with all of the new names in the lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
                            He appears to be a smallish (5'10" 170) defenseman and twin brother of Northeastern recruit Matt Koopman who is due to enroll in 2017. Kyle doesn't sound like a typical strapping PC D. I wonder what makes him attractive to Leaman and why NU didn't recruit him.

Sorry to hear about Ellis leaving (sort of). He was impressive. Looked like a bear guarding her cub when he was in goal. It's going to be hard to recognize the Friars next year with all of the new names in the lineup.
                            He is no smaller then all but one of the Dmen of the future and will be noticeably bigger then Jacob Bryson who will be one of hose unrecognized Friars next year. He's a puck mover which is the quality Leaman values. As a north shore kid maybe Hokey could chime in why PC not NU

Ellis will be missed because he was a known, but if read below there is little concern with Hawkey, he's looked good when he did play.
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Jake Walman, first team All American and Mark Jankowski, second team. More honors for the Friars! Tampa is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                                The Heisenberg site is reporting that Kyle and Matt Koopman will be heading to Providence.

Kyle Koopman ‏@Kylekoop4
                                Matt Koopman ‏@mattyice30
                                Honored to continue my hockey career at Providence College in 2017 #GoFriars

Comment

Working...
                                X