Colgate and Starr's last season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Just awful, what's wrong with Finn this year ? They got embarrassed, again!
    Sounds like "Odd Friday" was really odd.....11-13-15 good ridance. Hope the team wakes up tonight. I think I would throw Finn out there again; it's unlikely he is going to embarass himself again. Give him another chance. If he fails then there are definite signs to go to Racine next game.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Re: Colgate and Starr's last season

I hang on hope for sports teams as long as anyone should be allowed, but if they don't win tonight, it could be a really really tough season. Generally we have the Cornell series late in the season to spark the season if we need it, but this is it, no "scheduled spark" in January.

Comment

Two years in a row now we get punched in the gut at home, at the hands of our travel partners from Ithaca. Even more frustrating, we scored first and NEVER trailed in this game, but got ZERO points to show for it. Grrrrrrrr.....
        Colgate '09

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainman View Post

Two years in a row now we get punched in the gut at home, at the hands of our travel partners from Ithaca. Even more frustrating, we scored first and NEVER trailed in this game, but got ZERO points to show for it. Grrrrrrrr.....
          Punched in the gut is an understatement. That was a season breaking game in my opinion and it did us in. Finn has been regressing each year since his freshman year. I was really hoping to see Racine in tonight to give him a shot at a win but DV went with Finn and he let a very soft goal in during ot. We are now 4-7 and have played our way out of the NCAAs in November.

On another note the ECAC is very competitive this year, scary to think that either Cornell, Yale, Harvard, Qpac, Rpi, or SLU will get a 5 seed or 6 seed. Right now all 6 teams are playing very well. I am hoping gate falls in between 7-8 for a home game.

Comment

Let's not throw this team under the bus. We are four games into the regular season. Let's not always look to the NCAA's as our measuring stick. I would much rather them peak at the end of the season. And, at the end of the day, a hockey team is more than wins and losses.

Comment

• Originally posted by CU13 View Post
              Let's not throw this team under the bus. We are four games into the regular season. Let's not always look to the NCAA's as our measuring stick. I would much rather them peak at the end of the season. And, at the end of the day, a hockey team is more than wins and losses.
              Agree with CU13. It's far too early to get dejected. Yeah, we are off to a rocky start but it's a long season, and how we finish is most important. We can still win the league title or rise in the standings if we turn things around. Let's hope some of that Irish luck rubs off on us across the pond.

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
                Punched in the gut is an understatement. That was a season breaking game in my opinion and it did us in. Finn has been regressing each year since his freshman year. I was really hoping to see Racine in tonight to give him a shot at a win but DV went with Finn and he let a very soft goal in during ot. We are now 4-7 and have played our way out of the NCAAs in November.
                Share your sentiments and frustrations but will not give up hope. Have never been impressed with Finn and am eager for the next goaltender generation. I think it's coming with our new arena. We've been on the wrong side of some close games this season, much like '08-'09 with 19 OT games, sheesh. And always refer to Wade Poplawski's OT goal vs. Union in the playoffs as the #12 seed! Anything really is possible.

Right now, the team cannot come from behind and the team cannot hold a lead and finish. Home ice did not matter. Good teams win anywhere under any circumstance. The season is already 1/3 complete. There is reason for skepticism but a lot of hockey left.

Congrats Colgate Football!
                What a thriller!
                2015 and 8-time PL Champions!
                C O L G A T E
                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                1990 NCAA FINALS
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

I think there is time to turn it around, but Vaughn has to do something to light a spark under this team.

Comment

Colgate women up to #11! Now there's something to cheer about if you're a Raider!

And how about this travesty! The Bears should be rewarded with the a post-game win. Leave it to a tech school to have a convenient technical malfunction lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXB5...outu.be&t=2m4s
                    C O L G A T E
                    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                    1990 NCAA FINALS
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

When I was at Colgate this past Saturday for the football and hockey games, I was able to get a good look at the future Class of 1965 Arena. I must say, I am impressed at what I have seen! From College Street, I was able to get a glimpse at the work done inside the building so far, and lo and behold - steel girders for the seating bowl are already in place! Given that winter is coming, I'm hoping the exterior walls can be completed very soon so as to protect the inside when it snows, but seeing that they've gotten this far in just 7 months, I'm confident that the remainder of the project will be completed in time for next season. I'm definitely looking forward to watching games in that new facility!
                      Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                        When I was at Colgate this past Saturday for the football and hockey games, I was able to get a good look at the future Class of 1965 Arena. I must say, I am impressed at what I have seen! From College Street, I was able to get a glimpse at the work done inside the building so far, and lo and behold - steel girders for the seating bowl are already in place! Given that winter is coming, I'm hoping the exterior walls can be completed very soon so as to protect the inside when it snows, but seeing that they've gotten this far in just 7 months, I'm confident that the remainder of the project will be completed in time for next season. I'm definitely looking forward to watching games in that new facility!
                        It better be completed by next season. I already have reservations at the Poolville Country store for next October

This Friday marks the first of our 19 games this season with Bruno.....LOL

Comment

Anybody know the scoop on McGuire? He was recruited as a D man; listed as a D man; played D in Juniors - but has been paying wing for us. He looked pretty comfortable there, too! But he's our only extra guy on defense and I'm sure we'll need him there before the season's out. Maybe he's going to turn out to be a really good player,

I thought coah did a great job Saturday night. Good thing we didn't have a Sunday game - he probably wore 8 or 9 guys out double shifting them. Think he did every thing he could to have his best kids on the ice as often as possible; it just didn't quite work out.

The winning goal must have deflected off our stick - it was from a ways out and there wasn't anybody else to distract Finn. Had to change direction from where he thought it was going.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveH View Post
                            Anybody know the scoop on McGuire? He was recruited as a D man; listed as a D man; played D in Juniors - but has been paying wing for us. He looked pretty comfortable there, too! But he's our only extra guy on defense and I'm sure we'll need him there before the season's out. Maybe he's going to turn out to be a really good player,

I thought coah did a great job Saturday night. Good thing we didn't have a Sunday game - he probably wore 8 or 9 guys out double shifting them. Think he did every thing he could to have his best kids on the ice as often as possible; it just didn't quite work out.

The winning goal must have deflected off our stick - it was from a ways out and there wasn't anybody else to distract Finn. Had to change direction from where he thought it was going.
                            Nope, a hard low shot that just beat him, not screened, hit his stick.
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                              It better be completed by next season. I already have reservations at the Poolville Country store for next October

This Friday marks the first of our 19 games this season with Bruno.....LOL
                              Can you imagine if the game in Ireland DIDN'T count as a conference game? We'd have to play ANOTHER game against you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                                Can you imagine if the game in Ireland DIDN'T count as a conference game? We'd have to play ANOTHER game against you guys!
                                You guys are actually hitting the jackpot, while we're getting the (really) short end of the stick. We lose a league home game, while you guys NEVER have to play at Starr Rink ever again, and last I checked, Brown's record on our home ice has been very abysmal.
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X