Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part One) - Return of the "Champions of December"??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part One) - Return of the "Champions of December"??

Originally posted by bomberhockey View Post
    And if the guy across the street from the Whitt had done his job a few years ago this possible drought might not have happened.
    Speaking of "the guy across the street" ... apparently Coach Umile and Coach MacDonnell aren't the only folks in the extended UNH family who struggle to get their teams to perform in the biggest games.

Google "Portsmouth Hanover (BS35+3) UL" ... and then just watch out for that pesky wind.

Happy Friday the 13th everyone.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part One) - Return of the "Champions of December"??

Originally posted by bomberhockey View Post
      And if the guy across the street from the Whitt had done his job a few years ago this possible drought might not have happened.
      What did he fail to do...??
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Speaking of "the guy across the street" ... apparently Coach Umile and Coach MacDonnell aren't the only folks in the extended UNH family who struggle to get their teams to perform in the biggest games.

Google "Portsmouth Hanover (BS35+3) UL" ... and then just watch out for that pesky wind.

Happy Friday the 13th everyone.
        So, bet Umile wishes that he had a good defensive team?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          So, bet Umile wishes that he had a good defensive team?
          Say what you will about Coach Umile, but I don't think lame excuses have ever been in his repertoire.

Not to mention he doesn't have to worry about wind being a factor.

Comment

Hey, great trash talking on the Merrimack thread, Chuck. Need to amp up the taunting on the game thread over the next 24 hours.

Comment

So glad to know that many/most of our recruits signed NLI's over the past two days...obviously our most desperate need in this next recruiting run are quality Dmen...Have to say that watching BU/PC matchup last night was an eye opener. Intense two way hockey, hitting, great goal tending when it counted. Scott Borek had his hands full when the PC bench erupted over that hit on Tanev!!

Hoping we bring the same intensity tonight! Go 'Cats!
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Have to say that watching BU/PC matchup last night was an eye opener. Intense two way hockey, hitting, great goal tending when it counted.
                Hockey at the top end of the competitive food chain - great stuff.

BU has to feel pretty good about getting the late equalizer. Not enough to make up for what happened to them last April ... but you got the feeling during the game that we were seeing the birth of the next great HE rivalry.

Schneider was almost unrecognizable with most/all of the seats occupied.

And I thought having their NC flag drooping low enough from the ceiling above one of the blue lines - *just* low enough to be captured by the TV camera as play was ongoing - was a nice touch to increase visibility.

Coach Leaman definitely learned from the master in how to (self) generate publicity for his program. Kudos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  Hockey at the top end of the competitive food chain - great stuff.

BU has to feel pretty good about getting the late equalizer. Not enough to make up for what happened to them last April ... but you got the feeling during the game that we were seeing the birth of the next great HE rivalry.

Schneider was almost unrecognizable with most/all of the seats occupied.

And I thought having their NC flag drooping low enough from the ceiling above one of the blue lines - *just* low enough to be captured by the TV camera as play was ongoing - was a nice touch to increase visibility.

Coach Leaman definitely learned from the master in how to (self) generate publicity for his program. Kudos.
                  Yeah noticed the banner...sighhhhh. Anyway yes they are a well coached team but had to smile well almost laugh at his commemt about the Tanev hit that it was the worst he'd seen..yes it was bad but his boys dish just as well...Geeee could it be that's why they are Natiinal Champs? Go figure.

will say BU did look abit rough and tumble (will not use the term thugs as I saw on another board) and the game was sure contensious at times. Still not sure how PC managed to get the man advantage after that hit but shucks what do I know about ICE hockey reffing?!? 😉☺️🙄

Two seasons ago when Coach Leaman walked by us at the Whitt between periods I'd think "future UNH coach" but of course that ship has sailed. And while I am totally ok with that I still respect what he brings to the game.
                  Ok enough PC worship for one day!! Onward 'Cats!!

Ps We could barely get tickets for the PC weekend unlike last year we had choice seats. Guess that's what an NC will bring!
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-14-2015, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Yeah noticed the banner...sighhhhh. Anyway yes they are a well coached team but had to smile well almost laugh at his commemt about the Tanev hit that it was the worst he'd seen..yes it was bad but his boys dish just as well...Geeee could it be that's why they are Natiinal Champs? Go figure.

will say BU did look abit rough and tumble (will not use the term thugs as I saw on another board) and the game was sure contensious at times. Still not sure how PC managed to get the man advantage after that hit but shucks what do I know about ICE hockey reffing?!? 😉☺️🙄

Two seasons ago when Coach Leaman walked by us at the Whitt between periods I'd think "future UNH coach" but of course that ship has sailed. And while I am totally ok with that I still respect what he brings to the game.
                    Ok enough PC worship for one day!! Onward 'Cats!!

Ps We could barely get tickets for the PC weekend unlike last year we had choice seats. Guess that's what an NC will bring!
                    Yes PC hits hard but last season had only 1 five minute major and zero game misconducts or disqualifications.
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      Yes PC hits hard but last season had only 1 five minute major and zero game misconducts or disqualifications.
                      Well isn't that good to know �� Yep they are a disciplined team of course am going by my own personal observations...really didn't mean to imply PC plays dirty..but they aren't angels either and I wouldn't expect them to be what team is?? I mean you gotta bring it when you play at that caliber...Keep on rocking in the free world... (It's Neil Youngs bday today you old hippies! )
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-14-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

YES some recruiting news from Twitter land..

Former @AustinPrep and current Sioux Falls (USHL) forward Eric MacAdams has committed to UNH.

And..

97 F Eric MacAdams (UNH) is a rangy F, smooth skater who glides around the sheet. Good hand/eye, good distributor. Fits Wildcat F profile

*does handsprings* NEW recruit...NEW era! Go 'Cats!!
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-14-2015, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          YES some recruiting news from Twitter land..

Former @AustinPrep and current Sioux Falls (USHL) forward Eric MacAdams has committed to UNH.

And..

97 F Eric MacAdams (UNH) is a rangy F, smooth skater who glides around the sheet. Good hand/eye, good distributor. Fits Wildcat F profile

*does handsprings* NEW recruit...NEW era! Go 'Cats!!
                          http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/college-hockey-recruiting-ncaa/2015/4/28/8503679/2015-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-austin-prep-eric-macadams-massachusetts-high-school-hockey
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
                            http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/college-hockey-recruiting-ncaa/2015/4/28/8503679/2015-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-austin-prep-eric-macadams-massachusetts-high-school-hockey
                            Yep, it does sound like he fits the 'Cats profile of forwards, get down the ice put it in the net Wonder who landed him?

His current stats from the Sioux Falls Stampede show in 12 games he's had 3 goals, logs 3rd highest PIM "local" player from Salem, MA. I'm sure we'll be hearing more about his as the season goes on.

Oh and one more thing while we're going down this road in coming UNH recruit Patrick Grasso is listed 5th in scoring in the USHL with 8 goals in 15 games.
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-14-2015, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Nice to battle back late and get the tie - best part of the tying goal was five-foot nothing Chris Miller absolutely camping out in front, taking all kinds of abuse from MC's defenders, setting the screen and finding a way to bat the rebound into the back of the net.

With today's tie UNH is now 3-1-2 when BOTH Kelleher & Poturalski post multiple point games and 0-3-0 when they manage just one point or less. One of Poturalski or Kelleher has figured in 19 of UNH's 34 goals this season, including 15 of the last 22. Miller has really stepped up, without a doubt the surprise of the young season, but the team needs to find more balance somewhere. Eiserman, Vela and Nazarian are guys that need to get going...

One final FYI - Freshman forward (and lost UNH recruit) Jordan Masters leads Arizona State in scoring with 5-7--12 in 11 games...
                              Last edited by Dan; 11-14-2015, 10:52 PM.
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Yep, it does sound like he fits the 'Cats profile of forwards, get down the ice put it in the net Wonder who landed him?
                                Was wondering the same thing, HR. Hopefully C-H-C, 'Watcher or someone else might have that insight?

Miller may be the "new Bobby Butler" - low key recruit comes in and surprises from the outset with a basic but reliable well-rounded all-around game. But with Foegele gone, UNH is really needing someone like Eiserman or Vela to step up quickly. The opportunity is there with the recent departure, and someone (in addition to Miller) badly needs to take advantage.

Heck, if they don't take advantage this season, who knows if they'll get another chance next season with the incoming crop of forwards, which (at least on paper) is starting to look better and better (and certainly deeper). But I'd feel a whole lot better if UNH could land a couple of quality puck moving d-men. MacAdams' arrival does nothing to address what remains a glaring shortcoming in the program.

Comment

Working...
                                X