LSSU Lakers 2015-16: The 50th season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2015-16: The 50th season

I beleive there is also the rumor that Bowling Green might try to blow up the WCHA (and possibly snatch teams from other conferences) and try to start their own league or restart the CCHA that will make it more travel friendly. I extremely doubt it will happen but you never know. I believe there are many schools unhappy with travel costs (LSSU is one of them) so you never know.
    Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 02-04-2016, 03:35 PM.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      http://www.uscho.com/2016/02/04/robe...e-ice-and-off/
      looking at the numbers, it doesn't really make sense to have a split conference, they'd just need to go to the pod system that the old CCHA had with 12 and the WCHA did before the big realignment.
      Thanks Shirtless Guy. I suppose it's nice that the WCHA is interested in ASU, but if I'm ASU I would want to be in the Big Ten as my first choice and the NCHC as my second choice. Of course whether those two conferences would take ASU is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        Thanks Shirtless Guy. I suppose it's nice that the WCHA is interested in ASU, but if I'm ASU I would want to be in the Big Ten as my first choice and the NCHC as my second choice. Of course whether those two conferences would take ASU is another matter.
        I think they might jump ship later, but right now they want to succeed, and while the WCHA has done well against the Big Ten, ASU is still better off in WCHA for now...
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          I beleive there is also the rumor that Bowling Green might try to blow up the WCHA (and possibly snatch teams from other conferences) and try to start their own league or restart the CCHA that will make it more travel friendly. I extremely doubt it will happen but you never know. I believe there are many schools unhappy with travel costs (LSSU is one of them) so you never know.
          That rumor won't go away, they've been trying to do that since the Big Ten schools left the CCHA.
          Just an FYI, I tried to move this discussion to the WCHA conference thread.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I think they might jump ship later, but right now they want to succeed, and while the WCHA has done well against the Big Ten, ASU is still better off in WCHA for now...
            I agree that if they do wind up in the WCHA, it will only be a temporary thing.

Comment

Anyone watching tonight's game on American Sports Network? I don't have the channel so I will be listening to Bill Crawford on the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                Anyone watching tonight's game on American Sports Network? I don't have the channel so I will be listening to Bill Crawford on the radio.
                I'm not sure. According to the list I saw on the Tech thread, WWMT (Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids) is an ASN affiliate and should carry the game, but it's the principal CBS Network station in SW Michigan so I highly doubt they are in fact carrying the game. I'll probably check some TV stations around game time to see if I can find one that is carrying the game. Have the Internet stream of the radio broadcast to listen to also.

Comment

I'm not sure. According to the list I saw on the Tech thread, WWMT (Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids) is an ASN affiliate and should carry the game, but it's the principal CBS Network station in SW Michigan so I highly doubt they are in fact carrying the game. I'll probably check some TV stations around game time to see if I can find one that is carrying the game. Have the Internet stream of the radio broadcast to listen to also.
                  The game will be on WWMT-2 which is actually CW, not CBS...its digital 3-2 and also known as CW 7.

Comment

The game will be on WWMT-2 which is actually CW, not CBS...its digital 3-2 and also known as CW 7.
                    Thanks Shirtless Guy. I have direcTV. I do get a CW channel but the direcTV program guide doesn't show the game being on tonight on that channel. I did find a program guide at the CW7 website but it looks like they are showing the game tape delay at 10:30 PM. So even if CW7 is what's on my direcTV CW channel (which I'm not sure of), it looks like I can only watch it tape delay.

Comment

Thanks Shirtless Guy. I have direcTV. I do get a CW channel but the direcTV program guide doesn't show the game being on tonight on that channel. I did find a program guide at the CW7 website but it looks like they are showing the game tape delay at 10:30 PM. So even if CW7 is what's on my direcTV CW channel (which I'm not sure of), it looks like I can only watch it tape delay.
                      sad, that is certainly one thing that isn't clear with me on the ASN listing, which is regular and which is tape delay and they have done zero follow up on my initial request for a full list of affiliates showing the game. If you have DirecTV buy the sports pack for a day (I know Dish lets you do this and prorates) and you'll be able to watch on MASN (640).

Comment

One thing I've always liked is that TV6 in Marquette will occasionally show various games between NMU and Tech (hockey, basketball, football, etc.) It's too bad none of the stations in Northern Michigan/EUP will take a chance on showing games between LSSU and Ferris (both of which are in the same media market.) I personaly think it's because the stations are based in Traverse City and would rather bring us a countdown to Cherry Festival than do that, but that's just me.
                        Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Methinks this will answer your questions.

Lake Superior State hockey takes on No. 15 Michigan Tech at 8:07 p.m. tonight for the 65th time in the rivalry series between the Upper Peninsula programs. The opening game of the annual Michigan Tech Winter Carnival series will be broadcast live nationally on the American Sports Network and throughout Canada on TSN 5.

For a full channel guide and listing of markets which feature ASN, click here. Fans without the viewing options of American Sports Network or TSN can purchase a live video stream of tonight’s game and all of the LSSU hockey games at WCHA.tv.

Those who aren’t near a television or computer can also catch the call from the legendary “Voice of the Lakers” Bill Crawford on 99.5 YES FM.www.yesfm.net

Fans from the U.P. and Wisconsin with access to WLUC Channel 6.3 (Grit TV) can also catch the live broadcast of tonight’s game.

The Winter Carnival series, which concludes with a Saturday finale at 5:07 p.m., is a two-game total-goal series to decide the winner of the MacInnes Cup. If the series is tied at the end of Saturday's game, a three-player shootout will decide the outcome.

Comment

9&10 Would never do it because they have that tune in to the next news cast to only find out that you have to tune into the one after that and so on and so on.
                            BLEED BLUE

Comment

CJ Hayes is out with the flu and didn't make the trip. Vernace gets a chance to play.

Comment

CJ Hayes is out with the flu and didn't make the trip. Vernace gets a chance to play.
                                Definitely a big loss losing Hayes. Good luck to Vernace as I hope he takes advantage of the opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X