2015-2016 Division I Women's Hockey Scores & Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015-2016 Division I Women's Hockey Scores & Results

I have seen a lot of strange box scores, but this UM/Kato box score is nuts.

33-4 Minnesota in shots after 2 but 1-0 Kato
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

Memories of Shari Vogt. Bad memories.

Threw the kitchen sink in the 2nd. Kitchen sink didn't go in.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

The MSU goal was really soft, and in soccer would have been credited to Own Goal rather than any player on the attacking team.

Before the third period, I said that the Gophers were still the favorites to win, though it wasn't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
          The MSU goal was really soft, and in soccer would have been credited to Own Goal rather than any player on the attacking team.

Before the third period, I said that the Gophers were still the favorites to win, though it wasn't easy.
          Ended 2-1 MN. SOG 50-8 and it really was not that close. MSU did one heII of a job clogging the slot and tying up sticks so that shots from the outside often didn't get through and rebounds could not be had. They played as if on the penalty kill for 60 minutes. They were never going to score a goal except by accident & that is the one they got. It was a gutsy job and I admire their commitment. Harrington is going to be a hemorrhoid to other programs in years to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
            Ended 2-1 MN. SOG 50-8 and it really was not that close. MSU did one heII of a job clogging the slot and tying up sticks so that shots from the outside often didn't get through and rebounds could not be had. They played as if on the penalty kill for 60 minutes. They were never going to score a goal except by accident & that is the one they got. It was a gutsy job and I admire their commitment. Harrington is going to be a hemorrhoid to other programs in years to come.
            Interesting - even with the front of the net clogged, they still managed to get 50 through. 48 saves! Not bad!

Comment

BC and Harvard are scoreless near the midway point of the first. The game is being broadcast on ESPN3 if you want to watch it
              "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

BC goal on a rebound off a rush by Capizzano. Grieves bangs home the rebound, though it could have been Miano.
                "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

Comment

1-0 BC after one period. Shots are 17-9 BC. Eagles couldn't convert on a power play, and Harvard starts the second on one. Watching this game, I don't understand some of Harvard's losses.

Comment

Fun first period. Lots of intense puck battles. Harvard came out ready to play but I've been happy with the chances BC's created.

Shots 17-11 according to colleghockeystats.net, but point is BC is on pace for 51 shots despite Harvard really playing well imo.

Will be interested to see if Harvard can keep up the intensity they came out of the gate with.

Comment

BC up 2-0 after two periods now. Late goal on a backhand by Grieves, her second goal of the game. Harvard starts the third on a power play.

Comment

QU kicked the everloving crap out of BU, 6-1. That's impressive.

Comment

Schedule change for ECAC games this weekend: due to weather conditions all of the Friday games will be played at 3 pm; all of the Saturday games have been moved to either 1 pm or 3 pm. Check www.collegehockeystats.net for details.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            QU kicked the everloving crap out of BU, 6-1. That's impressive.
                            Skimmed through the game "on demand" last night - meaning I saw 60 minutes in about 10 mins. Was really curious about what happened. It started fairly evenly but at end of 1st period BU just started to cave in and it went downhill for the rest of the game. I think it had a lot to do with BU discipline breakdowns in the D zone. Had to be frustrating for Durcher because he doesn't teach it the way they played it. Looks like Quinny has scoring potential on every line and good D discipline. This is not a high-powered offense but looks well coached. If you breakdown against them, they will make you pay. I think that's the formula for their success. Disciplined teams will keep it tight against them... lose that discipline, and they'll go off on you.

Comment

Clarkson and Cornell tied 1-1 late in the first. SLU up on Colgate 1-0 after 1. RPI up 2-0 on Brown after one. Union leads Yale 1-0 after one.

Comment

Bemidji State has a 3-2 lead on Minnesota-Duluth with about 9 minutes to go in the 3rd.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X