2015-2016 Division I Women's Hockey Scores & Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015-2016 Division I Women's Hockey Scores & Results

Minnesota and Wisconsin are scoreless late in the first. Sounds like the Badgers are carrying the play, outshooting Minnesota 12-6
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
      Minnesota and Wisconsin are scoreless late in the first. Sounds like the Badgers are carrying the play, outshooting Minnesota 12-6
      No doubt about it...
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Quinnipiac still holding a 1-0 lead halfway through the third
        "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
          Wisconsin leading two crossbars to none.

(UW had the better of it early, and Pankowski had a chance that she'd *love* to have back. Late it was more even; UM on the PP late, and Stecklein had a chance every bit as good as the Pankowski missed, but Desbeins with a great save.)

Comment

Congrats to Boston College for another success on their revenge tour, a 5-0 win over Boston University in the Hockey East Championship. Three more wins to equal Minnesota's feat from 2013. Next up is Princeton.

Comment

Quinnipiac defeats Clarkson 1-0. Rossman makes 16 saves for the shutout.

Comment

Minnesota finally gets caught for the numerous turnovers by their defense and Wisconsin scores...

1-0 Wisconsin.

Comment

For sure there were two penalties on Wisconsin at the end of the second period...Minnesota does get one of them..

Comment

• WI getting homered. Kessel has a hard time standing up when bumped.

Comment

• You can only clutch and grab so much before they call something.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Final 1-0 Wisconsin wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          You can only clutch and grab so much before they call something.
                          I noticed WI being very physical the last time they were here. Not really dirty but well over the line for what has been acceptable in games. They deserved several more than they got. This, I assume is the future of womens hockey give the officiating we have seen this year. Wisconsin is ready for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                            This, I assume is the future of womens hockey give the officiating we have seen this year. Wisconsin is ready for it.
                            For the immediate future, I was trying to remember what officiating we've been getting in our annual NCAA match-ups. Last year, it was a Hockey East pair, the year before it was WCHA. For the 2012 Final, it was WCHA.

So in two weeks (assuming...) who knows?

Comment

ne7minder, although it's a pro league, if you've watched any of the CWHL games this weekend, you'd see a much rougher game than the collegiate woman's game.....that said, I think the players like the freedom to play hard and have contact....no checking, but contact.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                                ne7minder, although it's a pro league, if you've watched any of the CWHL games this weekend, you'd see a much rougher game than the collegiate woman's game.....that said, I think the players like the freedom to play hard and have contact....no checking, but contact.
                                This wasn't really checking, though there was some of it that went uncalled. It was hooking and holding all over the ice. Even though the called penalties were four for Wisconsin and one for Minnesota, the officiating greatly benefited the Badgers. It wasn't biased, but was critically important in how the game was played. When a player chipped the puck and tried to go around a defender, it was perfectly legal to impede them. If the puck was along the boards, it was perfectly legal to grab their shoulder and pull them away from it. If a player was trying to get to a loose puck, it was perfectly legal to have your stick in their midsection, pulling them back.

The Gophers played a poor first period, but after that were much better. Overall, I'd say that Wisconsin was the better team today, given the conditions under which the game was played. That's a really big conditional, though. With a different crew, it would have been a very different game.

Comment

Working...
                                X