X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2015-2016: Confection Free

I think we have things covered...

1. Frost is the evil manipulater...Check
    2. The expert posters on here know what great risk there is for AK and have sage advice that she should just walk away...Check
    3. The "Program" has dropped to an unprecedented level where they duck competition and it leads to point #1...Check
    4. They are messing with the chemistry on this team...Check
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dust Bucket View Post
      This is even a stretch for Frosty. I'm happy for AK but I am curious how hard Frosty had to work her to get her to take the risk! Understanding that she has been practicing since back in November, I still think the reality of contact in a game is way to much risk for her to take. You feel great? Walk away for your own personal health & your future!
      The thought of losing to Wisconsin or BC has dropped this program to an unprecedented level. I wonder the player on the current top 2 lines feel about the shake-up! It will be fun to watch what impact this has on the team. I hope the next discussion in regards to AK is not re-occurring concussion symptoms.
      I have already expressed my concerns for her well being, that has not changed.

As well as I know frosty my guess is he showd AK the bullet that would be used to kill her and the one for her dog. I know this is the same tactic he uses to force recuits to come to mn in the first place. You also might see him parked outside arenas in a windowless van with "free skates" hand painted on the side. Why would anyone think a 20-something woman would be capable of making this sort of decision for herself?

At this point I would be satisfied if she stayed on the bench. Just the pants wetting here has been more entertaining than the und bsu game I watched earlier this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
        At this point I would be satisfied if she stayed on the bench. Just the pants wetting here has been more entertaining than the und bsu game I watched earlier this year.
        I think it's been pretty tame, but is in comparison to the men's forum, which is decidedly more subjective, innuendo filled and assumption filled.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          I think it's been pretty tame, but is in comparison to the men's forum, which is decidedly more subjective, innuendo filled and assumption filled.
          One of many reasons I am not unhappy that womens hockey is not the same as mens.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            There's a lot more alcohol consumption on the men's forum.

As for line changes, I think it's a given that if not this weekend, at some point, the shifts that Kessel skates will be with Brandt, and Cameranesi isn't likely to go anywhere. Because Pannek centered Potomak and Piazza down the stretch in Bemidji, I expect to see that line together. That frees up Schipper for the third line, which suddenly becomes a line that could even be used as a primary checking line if Frost desired, just because #6 brings more experience there. If Kessel needs shifts off, then I think Schipper would take those with the Brandt line, and the third line would return to being Williamson centering Reilly and Garzone. All this changes if the staff prefers Piazza rather than Williamson at center.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post

As for line changes, I think it's a given that if not this weekend, at some point, the shifts that Kessel skates will be with Brandt, and Cameranesi isn't likely to go anywhere. Because Pannek centered Potomak and Piazza down the stretch in Bemidji, I expect to see that line together. That frees up Schipper for the third line, which suddenly becomes a line that could even be used as a primary checking line if Frost desired, just because #6 brings more experience there. If Kessel needs shifts off, then I think Schipper would take those with the Brandt line, and the third line would return to being Williamson centering Reilly and Garzone. All this changes if the staff prefers Piazza rather than Williamson at center.
              and at the games too

FWIW, last year Piazza had better success in the faceoff circle than Pannek, and the two games I saw her at center a few weeks back she was a monster in the faceoff circle, IMO, if there are changes, she may end up being center for that reason alone

there ain't gonna be no checking line, unless you mean forechecking

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                there ain't gonna be no checking line, unless you mean forechecking
                Forechecking, backchecking, pokechecking (you likely knew that one) -- all the stuff the refs let you do.

Comment

This is still the Gophers show with Brad in charge. What that means is that Amanda should be playing based on her in practice contribution. Read: if she shows up on the Brandt line...she's back in old form. So here's one hoping to see her up on the top line as much as possible...it shows that in all probability Amanda Kessel has really returned.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    Read: if she shows up on the Brandt line...she's back in old form. So here's one hoping to see her up on the top line as much as possible...it shows that in all probability Amanda Kessel has really returned.
                    I remember #8 in Brandt's first game being listed on a partial 4th line. She was coming off hip surgery, and at times, she looked like she could still use a walker. Although she scored a late goal in the game, she didn't look all that ready and didn't skate much on the top line. The next day, she had two goals among her five points, and Frost made a comment after that game that ~ 75% (I don't remember the exact percentage he used) of Amanda Kessel was still better than most people. With all of the time off that she's had, it's possible that this will be the healthiest that she's been as a Gopher. We'll see. It's possible that she's eased into things to see how the other pieces fit best, but given there's only six scheduled games left, I expect the staff will tend to go with things they know work (like 8 with 22, and 21 with 22). The other question is where does she go on the PP. Brandt is playing her usual spot, and Pannek works well on the unit, so ... At least these are good problems to have.

Comment

Speculating on the positive side........with the health and concussion issues, and her already stated decision to retire, I figure her decision to come back is a result of quite a bit of skating and some hard workouts with the team. Not that she's into game shape, but hopefully she's already proven she can stand hard work and significant hockey exertion.

To try to imagine how good a player she actually is right now is strangely futile, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                        Speculating on the positive side........with the health and concussion issues, and her already stated decision to retire, I figure her decision to come back is a result of quite a bit of skating and some hard workouts with the team. Not that she's into game shape, but hopefully she's already proven she can stand hard work and significant hockey exertion.

To try to imagine how good a player she actually is right now is strangely futile, isn't it?
                        Very futile. But its still tempting. Not saying its likely but. Here's a player that as she skates onto the ice for the first time in years...could right now be the best player in the sport.

Is that setting the standards stupidly high? You bet. But this is one of the greatest to ever play this game.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Very futile. But its still tempting. Not saying its likely but. Here's a player that as she skates onto the ice for the first time in years...could right now be the best player in the sport.

Is that setting the standards stupidly high? You bet. But this is one of the greatest to ever play this game.

No pressure Amanda...
                          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post

No pressure Amanda...
                            Its very rare when a living legend comes back. Amanda is really special. I'm just plain too excited.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Looks like you have all Minnesotans on the 4th and 5th lines?

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                                Looks like you have all Minnesotans on the 4th and 5th lines?
                                Given that there are a total of 4 non-Minnesota forwards on the whole roster and Frost only goes after very high end out of state players, is that surprising?

Comment

Working...
                                X