Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-2019 Division I Commitments

Minnesota
    Crystalyn Hengler....................D..................Eden Prairie...............Eden Prairie, MN

Comment

Won't be long there will be players committing that I'll never live to see play college hockey...

Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
        Won't be long there will be players committing that I'll never live to see play college hockey...
        Maybe we should both go see her play this year before it's too late!

Out of curiosity I checked to see if Miss Hengler played varsity for EP last year. No problem, as a ninth grade defender, playing one of the more difficult schedules in the state, she managed to score 5 goals and 10 assists. She was the second leading scorer on the team for a defenseman, only trailing current Ohio State freshman Lauren Boyle who managed 11 goals and 17 assists in her senior year.

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/stat...s&tool=1140403
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Well, with the Gophers out of town, this would be the weekend to do it. (LINK) All of the local future recruits will be in Blaine.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post

Out of curiosity I checked to see if Miss Hengler played varsity for EP last year. No problem, as a ninth grade defender, playing one of the more difficult schedules in the state, she managed to score 5 goals and 10 assists. She was the second leading scorer on the team for a defenseman, only trailing current Ohio State freshman Lauren Boyle who managed 11 goals and 17 assists in her senior year.

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/stat...s&tool=1140403
            Equally amazing. Last year, New Prague's #2 scorer was senior Dani Kocina. Its top scorer was 8th grader Catie Skaja with 28 g's and 53 pts.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Iceburg View Post
              Well, with the Gophers out of town, this would be the weekend to do it. (LINK) All of the local future recruits will be in Blaine.
              All of local future recruits plus those from SSM, Chicago area, St. Louis, Wisconsin and Michigan. I count 24 teams in all; is that a record for the NIT Tournament?
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

COLGATE

Tanner Gates............D............California Wave.......Oceanside, CA

So Cal representing! Great pickup for Colgate.

Comment

Minnesota

Emily Oden....................F......................... ....Edina...............St. Louis Park, MN

Comment

Originally posted by Iceburg View Post
                    Minnesota
                    Gracie Ostertag...........Defense.........Shattuck 16u........Shakopee, MN
                    This girl has the 4 quickest steps I have seen. Great talent.
                    Pass the puck

Comment

are these girls crazy? there are only so many open spots on the roster. do they understand a lot will not be dressing or playing?
                      are the other conference schools that bad where MN gets them all? I highly doubt it.
                      crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Knight View Post
                        are these girls crazy?
                        My guess is they're very rational, putting much logical contemplation into their decision. Some, even fulfilling a dream.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

From Iceburg on GPL

D Crystalyn Hengler (Eden Prairie)
                          F Emily Oden (Edina)
                          D Gracie Ostertag (Shattuck 16u) from Shakopee
                          F Catie Skaja (New Prague)

Holy crap...The Gophers have 13 U18 recruits from the US and Canada coming in the next three years with Oden's commitment. All ten recruits for 2017 and 2018 are U18 players

That is some crazy roster stashing stuff right there.
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            From Iceburg on GPL

D Crystalyn Hengler (Eden Prairie)
                            F Emily Oden (Edina)
                            D Gracie Ostertag (Shattuck 16u) from Shakopee
                            F Catie Skaja (New Prague)

Holy crap...The Gophers have 13 U18 recruits from the US and Canada coming in the next three years with Oden's commitment. All ten recruits for 2017 and 2018 are U18 players

That is some crazy roster stashing stuff right there.

the bench as well as the stands will have some really good players. if their life long dream is to sit on the Gophers Bench or in the "heralded" rink, then some will fulfill that dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Knight View Post
                              the bench as well as the stands will have some really good players. if their life long dream is to sit on the Gophers Bench or in the "heralded" rink, then some will fulfill that dream.
                              Hopefully I'll be around to see if these players spend their college career on the bench or watching from the stands. I'm unconvinced your saying so makes it a foregone conclusion though.

Truth is, yours and Hockeysbest complaints sound more like butthurt than anything else. Never quite understood the propensity for questioning and second guessing the decisions of players and commitments. How is anything related to those decisions the business of observers in this forum? If such a decision turns out to be regrettable or a mistake it's theirs to own. People are allowed to make mistakes...right?

What is the basis for presuming one knows better than the future student athlete themselves regarding their choices for how / where they spend their college careers? I have honestly always been puzzled by these implications.
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Minnesota
                                Taylor Heise.......................F..................... ......Red Wing........................Lake City, MN

Comment

Working...
                                X