Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwich 2015-16 - 17 straight ECAC East titles and counting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2015-16 - 17 straight ECAC East titles and counting....

How is the women's game coming through? 48.9 should be more than enough download speed to get the game without buffering. I'm told between 3 and 5 mbps is what is needed to watch uninterrupted.
    WDEV/NSN Color Analyst 2011-2014
    NSN NU Women's Hockey PBP 2014
    Follow Me On The Twitter: @Tannerace

2000, 2003, 2010, 2011 (W) National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cadet Color Man View Post
      How is the women's game coming through? 48.9 should be more than enough download speed to get the game without buffering. I'm told between 3 and 5 mbps is what is needed to watch uninterrupted.
      Good for me...
      SNC Men:
      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
      SNC Women:
      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Tanner

Fine. Just wish #19 Plattsburgh (local kid) got more shifts.

Could the problem last night been the plethora of HS football games that ate up server resources?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I can't get it here Lady Cardinals lead 1-0 after 1. (based on Live Stats)

It is back up (as of 3:17)
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
            I can't get it here Lady Cardinals lead 1-0 after 1. (based on Live Stats)

It is back up (as of 3:17)
            Norm - they had to take the server down for a brief time in the 2nd intermission. Guess your timing was impeccable.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Really good stream. Really good game. 1-1 late in the third. Cadets tie it up with about 7 min to go.
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                Really good stream. Really good game. 1-1 late in the third. Cadets tie it up with about 7 min to go.
                The stream was good - as good as the Cardinal goal with 15 seconds left for the Cardinal 2-1 win
                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

we just tested the internet in the rink and its speed is 100 times faster than is required to push the signal out in HD. Can I ask those of you that had buffering issues last night to please visit speedtest.net and report back your download speed? We are going through each aspect of the NSN broadcast to see where the hiccup is happening. Thank you all for your patience and Go Cadets!

I was buffering to an absurd level. After buffering it would go back in time. (Back to the future?). In the third period I saw 14:35 to go and a score of 2-0. Then after a minute or more of buffering, it was 18:27 to go and a score of 2-0. I gave up but checked back in for the last couple of minutes, but the same thing happened. It went from 3 minutes to go (or so because the score was 2 -0), up to 7 minutes to go. Something was wrong.

Comment

Hey Tanner, my speed is 40.16. As I said earlier, buffered a lot and lost the connection for good with 6 minutes remaining in the game. Thanks for checking into this!
                    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

WOW! My sister just told me that my nephew/Godson will be graduating in May with a BS in Math and a minor in Physics. He'll be going to Navy nuke school after he graduates.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        WOW! My sister just told me that my nephew/Godson will be graduating in May with a BS in Math
                        Not an easy road at NU for Math majors (unless standards dropped after I left )

Comment

• Originally posted by Cadet Color Man View Post
                          we just tested the internet in the rink and its speed is 100 times faster than is required to push the signal out in HD. Can I ask those of you that had buffering issues last night to please visit speedtest.net and report back your download speed? We are going through each aspect of the NSN broadcast to see where the hiccup is happening. Thank you all for your patience and Go Cadets!
                          Speed out of the arena isn't the holy grail...flush out your "magic box", whatever streaming device you are using and the computer that is your interface....usually buffering Is caused more at the broadcast end rather than the distribution/last mile. Corrupt files or lack of capacity/horsepower at your end...my best guess. If you can't sort it out I can give you some names and numbers....
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

What bothered me was that I watched the women's game yesterday afternoon and the stream was great, no buffering AT ALL. Why can't they duplicate this for the rest of the season?
                            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                              What bothered me was that I watched the women's game yesterday afternoon and the stream was great, no buffering AT ALL. Why can't they duplicate this for the rest of the season?
                              We're still working at addressing the issue. Stay with us....we'll get it figured out!
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                                Speed out of the arena isn't the holy grail...flush out your "magic box", whatever streaming device you are using and the computer that is your interface....usually buffering Is caused more at the broadcast end rather than the distribution/last mile. Corrupt files or lack of capacity/horsepower at your end...my best guess. If you can't sort it out I can give you some names and numbers....
                                Spot on 90% of the time - VERY often a simple "remove old/unneeded files" and "defrag" can make a big difference (if better tools aren't available) - also RAM is now cheap - make sure your computer has all it can handle as are hard drives - 2TB should be the minimum - and often over looked - don't limit USB 3 devices with USB 2 hubs/cables. Finally make sure it runs as COOL as possible!!
                                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                                X