Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwich 2015-16 - 17 straight ECAC East titles and counting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post
    Cadets's first game is fast approaching - 23 Oct. Any insight into team chemistry and how the new recruits are fitting in and responding to the speed of play? Realizing it's early, but anyone standing out and/or looking like they'll contribute immediately?
    Official practices start Oct. 18. Unless people have gone to Montpelier, no one but the team has seen each other skate.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Norwich 2015-16 - 17 straight ECAC East titles and counting....

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Official practices start Oct. 18. Unless people have gone to Montpelier, no one but the team has seen each other skate.
      I thought the 15th was the start?? or is that captains practice or pink bunny skate??

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        So in the course of your duties, have you had the opportunity for idle chat with some of the players?

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          I thought the 15th was the start?? or is that captains practice or pink bunny skate??
          It changed last year to having to do with your first game date rather than a flat Oct. 15.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post
            So in the course of your duties, have you had the opportunity for idle chat with some of the players?
            Unfortunately been too wrapped up in the fall sports to have much time for puck. That will be changing though soon!

I'll see if I can get down to a practice in a couple weeks
            GO LAKERS!!!
            Oswego State '09

Comment

The season is fast approaching! Here's a little something to hold you all over. https://www.facebook.com/NorwichCade...90445/?fref=nf
              WDEV/NSN Color Analyst 2011-2014
              NSN NU Women's Hockey PBP 2014
              Follow Me On The Twitter: @Tannerace

2000, 2003, 2010, 2011 (W) National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cadet Color Man View Post
                The season is fast approaching! Here's a little something to hold you all over. https://www.facebook.com/NorwichCade...90445/?fref=nf
                Back in the day, when there were no facemasks and redlines, I helped make the ice at the Walker (Clarkson) Arena. Interestingly, we used less water then than what you currently use, but probably close to what Platty currently uses.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Back in the day, when there were no facemasks and redlines, I helped make the ice at the Walker (Clarkson) Arena. Interestingly, we used less water then than what you currently use, but probably close to what Platty currently uses.
                  back in my day at The Golden Romney Fieldhouse,Oswego for those outside Oz, the players were charged with coming to the rink at all hours to water the ice,refreshments were always at hand

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    back in my day at The Golden Romney Fieldhouse,Oswego for those outside Oz, the players were charged with coming to the rink at all hours to water the ice,refreshments were always at hand
                    And I bet you used more water to make ice @ Romney than they currently do @ the Campus Center
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Norwich's exhibition game vs. Saint Jerome has been canceled due to scheduling conflicts.

http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...20151016i5qo24
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Big disappointment for me.......I haven't seen a live Norwich game in 4 years and finally talked my wife into staying north for it instead of taking off for Florida our usual time. Just what is the Maroon and Gold annual scrimmage? Not a game, but at least must showcase the players, especially the new ones. What is the format and is it long enough to stay here in the cold and travel over to Northfield...... Or just a fancy practice? Remember I'm 80.
                        NU '56
                        Old NU Member
                        Maybe the Oldest

NU56
                        Old Member
                        Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Originally posted by NU56 View Post
                          Big disappointment for me.......I haven't seen a live Norwich game in 4 years and finally talked my wife into staying north for it instead of taking off for Florida our usual time. Just what is the Maroon and Gold annual scrimmage? Not a game, but at least must showcase the players, especially the new ones. What is the format and is it long enough to stay here in the cold and travel over to Northfield...... Or just a fancy practice? Remember I'm 80.
                          NU '56
                          Old NU Member
                          Maybe the Oldest
                          Sorry NU56,

We're disappointed too. Unfortunately game couldn't happen due to a scheduling miscommunication.

The Maroon & Gold game is a fancy practice as you put it. Not a real game, practice situations with power play, penalty kill, 4v4, 3v3 situations etc.

The new players will be suited up though!
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Thanks........Does it last a couple of hours or is it long enough to travel over from the Plattsburgh area for an old
                            geezer?
                            NU56
                            Old NU Member
                            Maybe the Oldest

NU56
                            Old Member
                            Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Originally posted by NU56 View Post
                              Thanks........Does it last a couple of hours or is it long enough to travel over from the Plattsburgh area for an old
                              geezer?
                              NU56
                              Old NU Member
                              Maybe the Oldest
                              If will last 1:30-2 hours.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

If you know any local kids ages 7-17, the men's hockey team is hosting a FREE skills clinic this Saturday, Oct. 24 from 9-11 a.m.

FULL DETAILS: http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...20151019eyr1el
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X