Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwich 2015-16 - 17 straight ECAC East titles and counting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2015-16 - 17 straight ECAC East titles and counting....

Originally posted by hawk View Post
    Prez any chance Norwich can play Dartmouth in the preseason next year since Thompson Arena is right down the road. In reference to the season the Cadets always played hard but the goal production was often lacking. Hope the team can reload to find the few missing pieces. The lack of any Norwich players on the NEHC freshman team was one area that stood out to me.

Another end of season question with UNE leaving has St. A's officially applied for membership, and when could that occur.
    I don't believe the Dartmouth game will be coming back anytime soon.

Norwich opens the season hosting Endicott next year. Saint Anselm officially counts as Division III in 2019-20 I believe.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Daniel Webster will be new team in the NEHC next year, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
        Daniel Webster will be new team in the NEHC next year, correct?
        Daniel Webster has entered into a scheduling agreement with the NEHC for 2016-17. They are NOT in the league right now.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Daniel Webster has entered into a scheduling agreement with the NEHC for 2016-17. They are NOT in the league right now.
          You'll grab Manhattanville and the -W gets Kings. Both conferences keep 8 D3 members. DWC ends up in the CCC.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            You'll grab Manhattanville and the -W gets Kings. Both conferences keep 8 D3 members. DWC ends up in the CCC.
            Big question does Manhattanville want to join the NEHC and second do all of the teams want Manhattanville in. Skidmore/Manhattanville would seem to be natural traveling partners leaving NU with Castleton. I assume that on average travel time would be less for Manhattanville in the NEHC. Since Manhattanvile women are already in the NEHC I don't see why it would be a big deal for them to join. Plymouth, Salve, Nichols. and UNE women are already in the NEHC so why wouldn't some of mens teams transfer over.
            2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
            2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Hawk - You've taken an obtuse comment, and turned it into full-blown D3 reorganization. You really need more to do, and can start by paying your debt incurred as ForNU.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                Hawk - You've taken an obtuse comment, and turned it into full-blown D3 reorganization. You really need more to do, and can start by paying your debt incurred as ForNU.
                In case you haven't noticed the NEHC is already going through a restructuring with UNE leaving and another going from D2 to D3. Crystal ball says more changes in future.

Comment

• Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                  Well said - a welcher is about as low as one can get - what a loser.
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Prez any predictions on the Trinity/UMASS Boston game this weekend since NU played both teams. Overall I believe Trinity was the best team I have seen Norwich play this year. Watching the Babson/UMB NEHC finals I don't know if you caught the interviews with the UMB freshmen talking about there hockey background and why they decided to go to UMB. It gave us fans a little insight into the recruiting process and why a recruit choices a certain team. Outside of Oswego broadcast it was the best interviews I have seen on college hockey this year.

After watching and reading about the selection process it is clear that now you are just not going to make the NCAA tournament if you don't win your own tournament or are top 3-5 team. And with Adrien, St. Norbert, and Point having top level programs the at large tournament bids are going to hard to get.

Is Matt Lemire (D1 transfer) of UMB the best D3 player in the east this year?

Comment

Prez any predictions on the Trinity/UMASS Boston game this weekend since NU played both teams. Overall I believe Trinity was the best team I have seen Norwich play this year. Watching the Babson/UMB NEHC finals I don't know if you caught the interviews with the UMB freshmen talking about there hockey background and why they decided to go to UMB. It gave us fans a little insight into the recruiting process and why a recruit choices a certain team. Outside of Oswego broadcast it was the best interviews I have seen on college hockey this year.

After watching and reading about the selection process it is clear that now you are just not going to make the NCAA tournament if you don't win your own tournament or are top 3-5 team. And with Adrien, St. Norbert, and Point having top level programs the at large tournament bids are going to hard to get.

Is Matt Lemire (D1 transfer) of UMB the best D3 player in the east this year?
                      I really wish I could be at that UMass Boston/Trinity game. I think that is going to be a heck of a hockey game. Would love to see how their styles match up. I could see that game becoming a shootout.

I'll be at the Salem State/Williams game though and looking forward to that as well as the Vikings are on quite a tear right now.

Lemire is certainly one of the top forwards in the East. Very talented player that was considering Norwich when he transferred from Division I.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Lemire is certainly one of the top forwards in the East. Very talented player that was considering Norwich when he transferred from Division I.

Would of could of but this is one player who maybe would of pushed Norwich over the top on some of the close games they lost this year. I believe there were a few stories of Oswego losing players to Adrien too. But overall the NESCAC unlimited need based financial aid is hard to beat and it is working with the exception of Middlebury. Lest hope Norwich can land a couple of big fish this year.

Comment

Would of could of but this is one player who maybe would of pushed Norwich over the top on some of the close games they lost this year. I believe there were a few stories of Oswego losing players to Adrien too. But overall the NESCAC unlimited need based financial aid is hard to beat and it is working with the exception of Middlebury. Lest hope Norwich can land a couple of big fish this year.
                          yes have heard we at Oswego lost a few BIG guns to Adrian,unlimited need based financial aid is a nice thing if you can get it,the privates may have a better chance at that that the State schools,would have to ask someone else about that.Maybe Prez???

Comment

Been MIA for a while.

Sorry to see a season without a championship, but there is always next year. Clearly lots of things went wrong, but what really matters (and always has) is the quality of the effort. Norwich has been, and always will be a class act.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              Been MIA for a while.

Sorry to see a season without a championship, but there is always next year. Clearly lots of things went wrong, but what really matters (and always has) is the quality of the effort. Norwich has been, and always will be a class act.
                              Welcome back!!!
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                                Been MIA for a while.

Great to see your "voice", this thread just hasn't been the same without your input. Glad you are no longer "missing in action" and hope that life is treating you well. Looking forward to the 2016-17 season where our "class act Norwich" capitalizes on tough lessons learned this season and the hard work they did under difficult conditions. (8 OT games with 2 wins, 4 losses, and 2 ties, and of out 8 total losses, 4 were one goal differences, and finally, injuries {or disciplinary actions} causing change ups in lines and lack of experience for the players). I am proud of the team and expect great things to happen next year. It will be nice having you around to discuss how the season starts and progresses.
                                There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Working...
                                X