Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwich 2015-16 - 17 straight ECAC East titles and counting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2015-16 - 17 straight ECAC East titles and counting....

So its the end of the regular season in the NEHC with the standings looking like this and the match ups for next weekend quarter finals:

U Mass Boston 30 points vs So. Maine 10 points

Babson 28 points vs Skidmore 13 points

Norwich 24 points vs Castleton 16 points

U New England 20 points vs New England College 18 points

Congrats to U Mass Boston for it's first regular season championship.

Another in state rivalry game for Norwich vs Castleton next Saturday, should be a great game. Hope Krietzberg is standing room only and all of us posters who are out of state will be watching and cheering the Cadets on from afar.
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Always amps up a rivalry when it's played in the postseason.
      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
        Always amps up a rivalry when it's played in the postseason.
        Norwich and Castleton have met quite a few times over last five years in postseason now...should be a good one Saturday.

It's the rubber match and Castleton was 5 mins away from beating NU last time at Kreitzberg.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

True. I expect it to be better than that 11-1 drubbing the Cadets put on the Spartans a few years back.
          Norwich '13

Comment

True. I expect it to be better than that 11-1 drubbing the Cadets put on the Spartans a few years back.
            2012 ECAC East title game. Still the most enjoyable thing my eyes have ever seen. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
              2012 ECAC East title game. Still the most enjoyable thing my eyes have ever seen. Ever.
              I have to admit that I did get a good laugh out of it. I love it when Norwich beats Castleton in anything. Humiliating them on the big stage was quite enjoyable.

Any predictions for the playoffs? When this team plays the way they have the past two weeks then they can beat anybody in the country. If I were to be honest with my true expectations after the character that this team has shown lately then I would predict them to go on a run, take the conference crown, and contend in the NCAA tourney. But they seem to do better when we go negative and doubt them, so I'm going to go on record and predict a first-round exit to our in-state arch-rivals that will underscore the inevitable rapid decline of Norwich hockey, ultimately culminating in the cancellation of the program and the destruction of Kreitzberg Arena.
              Norwich '13

Comment

I have to admit that I did get a good laugh out of it. I love it when Norwich beats Castleton in anything. Humiliating them on the big stage was quite enjoyable.

Any predictions for the playoffs? When this team plays the way they have the past two weeks then they can beat anybody in the country. If I were to be honest with my true expectations after the character that this team has shown lately then I would predict them to go on a run, take the conference crown, and contend in the NCAA tourney. But they seem to do better when we go negative and doubt them, so I'm going to go on record and predict a first-round exit to our in-state arch-rivals that will underscore the inevitable rapid decline of Norwich hockey, ultimately culminating in the cancellation of the program and the destruction of Kreitzberg Arena.
                Beautiful

Comment

Humiliations have a way of coming back and biting you in the arse.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    I've personally been on both sides of the equation, which made it all the more enjoyable for me.
                    Norwich '13

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      If Castleton's motivation to beat Norwich in the 2016 NEHC tourney comes from a beat down in the 2012 ECAC East tourney, the program is in worse shape than I thought.

Comment

Castleton vs Norwich 2016, both teams are a far cry from the 2012 teams. I predict a close game with Norwich winning by 1-2 goals. Home ice advantage may be the deciding factor so I encourage as many fans to show up and cheer the team on. Are the students on campus for this game?
                        There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

They should be. The only holidays that Norwich students get off for are Thanksgiving and Christmas. For everything else the Corps just does a parade and calls it even.
                          Norwich '13

Comment

They should be. The only holidays that Norwich students get off for are Thanksgiving and Christmas. For everything else the Corps just does a parade and calls it even.
                            Not anymore ... 16 home games this season ... they were only around for five of them. But I think they will be there Saturday ... better be ... if there is not at least one upset in Boston this weekend it is likely the last home game of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                              Not anymore ... 16 home games this season ... they were only around for five of them. But I think they will be there Saturday ... better be ... if there is not at least one upset in Boston this weekend it is likely the last home game of the season.
                              No, Pastime is correct. It just happened this year that the majority of the home games fell during those breaks.

Students are on campus this weekend. Whether they make it to Kreitzberg or not remains to be seen. I'm thinking since it's Saturday night, rather than afternoon, there should be a good crowd.

I really wish the NEHC did Saturday night games, instead of afternoons. I think it would help attendance, and I just like night games better.

Comment

• Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                                No, Pastime is correct. It just happened this year that the majority of the home games fell during those breaks.

Students are on campus this weekend. Whether they make it to Kreitzberg or not remains to be seen. I'm thinking since it's Saturday night, rather than afternoon, there should be a good crowd.

I really wish the NEHC did Saturday night games, instead of afternoons. I think it would help attendance, and I just like night games better.
                                Agree with you about Saturday night games ... SUNYAC has done it for years ... but no support among the powers that be.

Comment

Working...
                                X