Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwich 2015-16 - 17 straight ECAC East titles and counting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2015-16 - 17 straight ECAC East titles and counting....

I get the criticism and the frustration. I think it's been exaggerated quite a bit, especially the expectations of the program's downfall, but I don't believe that true fans never criticize the team. You don't go to Norwich to get coddled. Part of the attraction to schools like Norwich for the players is that it's "big time" DIII where you get to compete for titles and play in front of 2,000 passionate fans who care enough to discuss your games on internet forums. Criticism is part of the package.

So did a lot of the criticism get carried away? Yes. But let's no act like people are fools for asking questions and being disappointed after the team goes 0-1-1 against Skidmore on the season.
    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
      Was in my favorite spot at Kreitzberg tonight, and from the moment the guys took the ice, there was a look in their eyes that was...different.

In my opinion, what we saw tonight was the pride of a champion. Keyboard warriors can bash em, clueless donkeys can predict their downfall, but these dudes set their jaws tonight, remembered they are the Norwich Cadets, and played like it. Babson, physically, got their butts kicked tonight. From the opening face off, the Cadets smacked them around. Ostepchuk was dialed in. It was a lot of fun to watch and I am proud of them.

Special shout out to Anthony Flaherty. He played his guts out.

Finally, while I'm jacked up and high on a win, all the "fans" on this board should pound sand. It must've been tough to wait 18 years to start nit-picking the team and the coaches. Get lost.

Norwich Forever!
      Great job tonight, I was super impressed at how consistently they played and the lack of out of control penalties. The outlet passes were amazing and it really looked like they were talking to each other. Ostepchuk was on top of his game, it seems like he keeps getting better and better (and he was pretty darn good to start off with). The neutral zone was well covered. I don't think it was a case of Murray being out of the line up due to injury that allowed us to score 5...it was our offense out playing Babson's defense and creating great shot opportunities. I believe there was only one goal in the second that could have been handled better by Murray's replacement. Best 3 periods of hockey played this season, the guys have every right to feel AWESOME about how they pulled it all together. Hard work for sure, but you could sense their excitement and the fact that they were confident and enjoying the game. Hold on to the feeling Cadets and take it to UMB tomorrow. Thanks for an awesome and entertaining night full of action!
      There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
        I get the criticism and the frustration. I think it's been exaggerated quite a bit, especially the expectations of the program's downfall, but I don't believe that true fans never criticize the team. You don't go to Norwich to get coddled. Part of the attraction to schools like Norwich for the players is that it's "big time" DIII where you get to compete for titles and play in front of 2,000 passionate fans who care enough to discuss your games on internet forums. Criticism is part of the package.

So did a lot of the criticism get carried away? Yes. But let's no act like people are fools for asking questions and being disappointed after the team goes 0-1-1 against Skidmore on the season.

Haven't come close to 2000 at K'berg this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post

Sir, take a look at my marathon posts from last weekend. It's not like a healthy, full-strength, Cadets team went 0-1-1 vs Skidmore. If that was the case, of course some criticism is due.

I saw two posts suggesting that McShane should be on the hot seat. As I said earlier, those donkeys can get lost.

Bunch of spoiled, entitled "fans" whom, I suspect, don't have a clue how team sports actually work.

Finally, you know me as well or better than any poster on here. I'm as far from a coddler as it gets. The team I watched tonight exemplifies exactly what makes Norwich University great. I'm not coddling them, I'm just real d*** proud of the way they represented themselves, and all of us, tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mucker44 View Post
            Haven't come close to 2000 at K'berg this season.
            While I don't disagree, it was pretty full tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
              While I don't disagree, it was pretty full tonight
              Had about 1500 tonight
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post

Yes. There is a difference between fans constructively and honestly commenting on the teams performance and those who dig in the dirt to to humiliate the players, coaches and the institution. I am one fan of many who expressed frustration and criticism, but never fabricated questions and stories, whose sole purpose was to start rumors and undermine the players and staff. I feel that to be a true fan of the sport (any sport), one must realize that it is very easy to be an "arm chair coach" and question or judge the game after it is over. Then there are some fans who truly believe that they know everything and are better than the actual players and staff. I think the majority of the posters on this thread are the former and appreciate the discussions, criticism, praise and support being expressed. Those who are just plain being a pain in the a**, have a right to express their opinions, but I (we) don't have to agree with them. Okay...I am done for the night and feel really proud of not only the team, but the fans on this thread who truly practice being "true fans".
                Go Cadets!

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                  Yes. There is a difference between fans constructively and honestly commenting on the teams performance and those who dig in the dirt to to humiliate the players, coaches and the institution. I am one fan of many who expressed frustration and criticism, but never fabricated questions and stories, whose sole purpose was to start rumors and undermine the players and staff. I feel that to be a true fan of the sport (any sport), one must realize that it is very easy to be an "arm chair coach" and question or judge the game after it is over. Then there are some fans who truly believe that they know everything and are better than the actual players and staff. I think the majority of the posters on this thread are the former and appreciate the discussions, criticism, praise and support being expressed. Those who are just plain being a pain in the a**, have a right to express their opinions, but I (we) don't have to agree with them. Okay...I am done for the night and feel really proud of not only the team, but the fans on this thread who truly practice being "true fans".
                  Go Cadets!
                  Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                  Sir, take a look at my marathon posts from last weekend. It's not like a healthy, full-strength, Cadets team went 0-1-1 vs Skidmore. If that was the case, of course some criticism is due.

I saw two posts suggesting that McShane should be on the hot seat. As I said earlier, those donkeys can get lost.

Bunch of spoiled, entitled "fans" whom, I suspect, don't have a clue how team sports actually work.

Finally, you know me as well or better than any poster on here. I'm as far from a coddler as it gets. The team I watched tonight exemplifies exactly what makes Norwich University great. I'm not coddling them, I'm just real d*** proud of the way they represented themselves, and all of us, tonight.
                  I agree with both of you completely. There is a difference between legitimate criticism and someone just being an ***. Glad we could differentiate.

I think this is a dangerous team, as last night proves, that could very well make a run come tourney time and then who knows how far they'll go. They've certainly been through adversity this year, more than any Norwich team I can remember, and shown that they can play with and at times dominate the best teams in the East. If they get healthy and start clicking then they could really accomplish something special. It could benefit them going into the postseason with lowered expectations, a chip on their shoulder, and nothing to lose.

Norwich Forever!
                  Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Going for the sweep today! Unreal game last night, best I've seen all year...or most complete game I've seen all year. When the guys came out flying in the first I was a little nervous they were gonna lose some steam. How wrong I was, they were ready to play and good ol' McShane had a great plan. I saw some things I usually don't and some great outlet passes that seemed to catch Babson everytime. We also did a great job of clogging up their passing lanes! Someone was watching their video and prepping this week!

Whoever mentioned Flaherty was on point! Kid was a beast and throwing his body in front of shots even after still feeling the sting of the last one! That is some Norwich Hockey! Was very impressed with the team as a whole. Cory said in the broadcast before what was needed was a team effort, and that is what they got. They dominated through the game but Babson held some long possessions in our end. Was a glimmer of home defensively after some troubles this year as it seemed like they didn't panic but stuck to being smart and making smart passes. Obviously with Ostepchuk back there it is a lot easier to not panic, kid is a rock!

We are spoiled fans and there will always be some nancy's out there but wow, I'm proud of this team and whole organization. Happy to be able to be a part of it as a fan for the past 15 years. From all angles this is a program to be proud of, thanks to all that make it work. Prez, George any others I don't know about on this board, thanks for all you do!

Now lets get back to it tonight, fill Kreitzberg and watch the boys finish out this sweep! Another tough opponent and I'm sure this will be a much more physical side. Bring it, Cadets are up to the test!

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                      I agree with both of you completely. There is a difference between legitimate criticism and someone just being an ***. Glad we could differentiate.

I think this is a dangerous team, as last night proves, that could very well make a run come tourney time and then who knows how far they'll go. They've certainly been through adversity this year, more than any Norwich team I can remember, and shown that they can play with and at times dominate the best teams in the East. If they get healthy and start clicking then they could really accomplish something special. It could benefit them going into the postseason with lowered expectations, a chip on their shoulder, and nothing to lose.

Norwich Forever!
                      100%

Comment

Wishing the Cadet's the best of luck today as they take on UMB. I am hoping they can hold onto the feelings they experienced last night against Babson, such as confidence, self constraint and comradery. If they can, it is entirely possible to come away with 4 points this weekend. We took UMB to OT at their barn in our last meeting. Let's take them in regulation time this game and celebrate! You can do it Norwich

Comment

Love these guys. Period. Love 'em.

Comment

Great weekend for the Cadets. Best I've seen them this year, a great time to peak.
                            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                Rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated.
                                Didn't a wise man post that a while back?😉

Keep rolling boys!

Norwich Forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X